Would You Trade Russell Wilson For Three 1st Round Picks?

Seahawker

Reaction score
Before you answer this all important question (a wink & shiny sales pitch) let's take a look at what JS & PC could do with three #1's. Trade down baby!, and now we have...

2 low 1st rounders
2 or 3 second round picks.
5 (at least) 3rd round picks.
A six pack of 4th round gems.
probably four in the 5th (sweet spot Sherm was picked here)
Let's just throw the 6th & 7th rounders together and say 4, 5 or 6 picks here.

BAM! In 3 years Pete & John turned three 1st rounders into 23, 24... I can't count em, picks.

OK, magic time, door number one, two or three?
Two...no, no, number three (looks to crowd) ... Yeah, I'll go with door number three. -Suspense. Spoof music.
Let's Make a Deal... uh, no let's not make a deal for RW3.

AgentDib

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2swrpmlr said:
that year Warner got hurt who carried them?I said franchise not elite..
Yep.. "Air Knox" was good for 3671 passing yards, 32 TDs, a 12-4 record, a pro bowl, and a great wild card game where we kicked the Raiders out of the playoffs. Krieg wasn't consistent enough to be in the very top QB discussions with Montana and Elway but his volume numbers were significantly depressed by our run first offenses. He was definitely good enough to win a Super Bowl if he had our 2013 defense to work with. Matt was too.

getnasty

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":14u5by50 said:
getnasty":14u5by50 said:
I think you might be able to get more but 30 million a year and 3 high picks would be interesting. Dont forget a franchise quartback didn't win us the Superbowl a great team with a game manger for a quarterback did.
The chances that Pete Carroll and Jon Schneider are ever able to build a team like that is unlikely. It was a once in a generation team that had a defense on par with the 1985 Bears, and 2000 Ravens. It was a historically great team that may have multiple hall of famers by the time their careers are over. Teams like that are rare even with talented scouts, and guys that have a knack for drafting. Thus far, given our drafts since 2012 the fantastic drafting we did in 2010-2012 is starting to look more like the result of insider knowledge -- especially given some of the talent we have passed up for guys that are no longer in the league or are fringe players.

I don't trust Jon Schneider or Pete Carroll to make the right decision with those draft picks or find a viable replacement for Wilson. These are the same guys that were enamored with Clipboard Jesus, and Nate Allen.

I don't know look at the Eagles, Jags, Rams, and Vikings to name a few last year good teams with just OK quarterbacks. It's a lot easier when your not paying your quartback 30 million.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Boy, did this topic bring out the haters.

You all forgot to mention how fat RW is and how goody two shoes he is, everyone hates him and etc..

The grass is always greener.

"I don't know look at the Eagles, Jags, Rams, and Vikings to name a few last year good teams with just OK quarterbacks. It's a lot easier when your not paying your quartback 30 million."
We're not paying our QB 30 million.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
TreeRon":2zaa6d3h said:

You all forgot to mention how fat RW is and how goody two shoes he is, everyone hates him and etc..

"I don't know look at the Eagles, Jags, Rams, and Vikings to name a few last year good teams with just OK quarterbacks. It's a lot easier when your not paying your quartback 30 million."
We're not paying our QB 30 million, but it is a distinct, and very real possibility that we will have to given what Aaron Rodgers just signed for. This could become the new market value for a good QB.

The reason people are mentioning that Eagles, Jags, and Rams is because they have QB's on cheap contracts that allow the team the flexibility to become stacked at other positions, sort of like what the Seahawks did with Russ. This is the kind of flexibility that teams like Greenbay, Seattle, New Orleans, etc don't have due to the money tied up in one singular player.

This theory is all fine and good, but it hinges on finding a new QB, and actually being able to make use of the resources available at your disposal. This is something our team hasn't been able to do well since 2012, furthermore aside from Wilson our team has a spotty record with Quarterbacks (hello Whitehurst).

camdawg

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1tz9gwlq said:
TreeRon":1tz9gwlq said:
"Dave Krieg was absolutely a franchise QB.."
:34853_doh:
You obviously wasn't watching games back then to understand.

Did you block the 1983/84 AFC Championship against the Raiders from your mind?

It's totally okay to love Mudbone, but he could really stink it up sometimes. Like during much of the 1985, "win two, lose two" season. Or his terrible play during the middle of the 1986 season. Or garbage play in the clutch during the end of the 1987 season when a win at Pittsburgh or Kansas City gives us a home playoff game.

Mudbone at his best wasn't even Hasselbeck at his best, let alone Russ at his best.

getnasty

Reaction score
TreeRon":3529xnlz said:

we will be next time his contract is up

TreeRon

Reaction score
"we will be next time his contract is up"

Worry about that in a year then why don't we?

getnasty

Reaction score
TreeRon":1ht77900 said:
"we will be next time his contract is up"

Worry about that in a year then why don't we?

I don't think anyone's worried about it

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ask me after this year.

But you'd be stupid not to think about it...as long as one of the picks was in the top 10. And we kept it there.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1fsyomyh said:
IndyHawk":1fsyomyh said:
that year Warner got hurt who carried them?I said franchise not elite..
Yep.. "Air Knox" was good for 3671 passing yards, 32 TDs, a 12-4 record, a pro bowl, and a great wild card game where we kicked the Raiders out of the playoffs. Krieg wasn't consistent enough to be in the very top QB discussions with Montana and Elway but his volume numbers were significantly depressed by our run first offenses. He was definitely good enough to win a Super Bowl if he had our 2013 defense to work with. Matt was too.

He also threw 24 INTs that year and had a 57.5% completion rate. The 2013 Seahawks line still wasn't very good, we've just gotten used to an abysmal version and it somehow seems amazing by comparison. Krieg would have gotten destroyed behind it.

Wilson will start moving ahead of Krieg this/next year in most stat categories, and he'll do it without getting near Krieg's 148 INT (to 195 TDs) number while wearing a Seahawk jersey.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I have to see one more "Trade Russell" related thread on this site I swear to Almighty God I am going throw a VN (Virtual Nuke) on this site. Christ.

poly1274

Reaction score
Of course trade him for 3 1st round picks. And the rebuild is much easier.

massari

Reaction score
Schneider and Carroll's 1st round draft history:

Okung 6th overall
Thomas 14th
Carpenter 25th
Irvin 15th
Ifedi 30th

Wouldn't trade Wilson for all five of those picks combined.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2s31o01t said:
THE TABS":2s31o01t said:
We went 35 years without a franchise quarterback, and I have no interest in waiting 35 more for another one.

Any thought of trading Russ is pure insanity, even if you’re playing Madden. Fortunately, Russ’s biggest fan just happens to be our GM, so we can stop this ridiculous notion now.
Wrong...
Dave Krieg was absolutely a franchise QB..
With a great D like RW had ..We likely get to a SB or two.
As for the title..I'm a yes of course providing we have a new GM
because the FO isn't good with high picks ..I have stated my
reasons for the yes time and time again so no need here.

WRONG! LOL

So what you’re telling me is, the Vikings, Jaguars, Panthers and Texans in recent years won the Super Bowl?

Man...it’s almost as if, you need good to great QB play in the playoffs to win it all. Who knew?

Great defense and a running game can get you far. But if you were actually right, other teams would have won in recent years. Instead the QBs who either made it or won the Superb Owl are either elite QBs or had career years(Matt Ryan, Cam Newton). Even Nick Foles had very good games, and they probably don’t get the number 1 seed without Wentz

Scorpion05

Reaction score
getnasty":1ki0tbe9 said:
Spin Doctor":1ki0tbe9 said:
getnasty":1ki0tbe9 said:
I think you might be able to get more but 30 million a year and 3 high picks would be interesting. Dont forget a franchise quartback didn't win us the Superbowl a great team with a game manger for a quarterback did.
The chances that Pete Carroll and Jon Schneider are ever able to build a team like that is unlikely. It was a once in a generation team that had a defense on par with the 1985 Bears, and 2000 Ravens. It was a historically great team that may have multiple hall of famers by the time their careers are over. Teams like that are rare even with talented scouts, and guys that have a knack for drafting. Thus far, given our drafts since 2012 the fantastic drafting we did in 2010-2012 is starting to look more like the result of insider knowledge -- especially given some of the talent we have passed up for guys that are no longer in the league or are fringe players.

I don't trust Jon Schneider or Pete Carroll to make the right decision with those draft picks or find a viable replacement for Wilson. These are the same guys that were enamored with Clipboard Jesus, and Nate Allen.

I don't know look at the Eagles, Jags, Rams, and Vikings to name a few last year good teams with just OK quarterbacks. It's a lot easier when your not paying your quartback 30 million.

Eagles - Got the Top seed with Carson Wentz. Drafted well, has an offensive genius for a coach. Was able to get Nick Foles to play like a A+ Qb in the super bowl. Would not be able to sustain that this year. Oh, and Wentz is not an “Ok” Quarterback.

Jags - Yea, in a weak AFC. Still lost in the playoffs. Will never win a Super Bowl unless Bortles plays all season like he did today

Rams - Goff is a number 1 pick. They have zero weaknesses on their roster, a genius head coach. Are you confident we’ll strike gold on all of that? Btw, what will you say if the Rams choke in the playoffs? That you want to be the Rams? Lol

Vikings - Lost in the playoffs with the top defense and a running game. Which should tell you you need more than great defense and running to win the whole thing

So what I’m getting from this point of yours is, you want to be like other teams that haven’t won it all, but are good right now? Maybe you should switch teams every few years then. Go with the hot hand. But teams with elite franchise QBs always stick around. And so long as Russ is our Qb we’re not going anywhere

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Most of you said no because they suck at drafting if that's the case than Pete and John should be fired.