I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

JustTheTip

Reaction score
jammerhawk":cq4gcgxv said:
Re: I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

Holy Crow! :177692: :pukeface:

Give me a break, what freaking rubbish. The hyperbole around here is almost childish. Let's blame someone, fire Pete, trade Wilson, Wagner, tie a can on Norton. Blah, blah, blah.

In case we failed to notice the Rams have the #1 D in football, they stopped everything the team tried and the OLine was again exposed as unable to protect RW who was sacked 5 X yesterday. The OC had few adjustments and the D could not tackle well against the run.

The game was over by halftime in case anyone also failed to notice. it was hard to watch the lack of answers from the O.

The team had a tough schedule this season and still only lost 5 games all season. The team won the division and it's the best division in football with a 12-4 regular season record. For all the let Russ cook stuff early the team had attached to it offensive expectations which were cancelled by weak D. it was only after the D was protected by slowing down the O the reliable winning began but they were shaky and unreliable on O then. in the nd we all thought they could be better than they actually were.

i'm still a fan of the team and disappointed today, but overall it was a good season.

The discussions in this thread are not about this game or even about this season.

It is about a lack of confidence in the ability of Pete to admit his mistakes or adapt.
It is a concern that in fear of what would come next of we moved on we accept a cheap facade of winning even if the football being played is poor and not entertaining.
It is about concern over what condition Pete is going to leave this franchise in if this continues (hint, it could very well be were it was right before he started.)

The problem wouldn't be slowing down the offense if it was done creatively. Also, the team did not win any more reliably when that occured. But doing things like snapping the ball under 3 seconds on the play clock gives the opposing defense all the advantage:
1) Allows the defense to rest between plays
2) Allows the defense time to study the formation
3) Allows the defensive front to easily time their rushes
4) Denies the offense any ability to develop rythm and pick up momentum
5) Either:
a) Forces the OL to stay static for extended periods of time, increasing false starts (in the case of getting to the line with more than 10 seconds)
b) Limits the ability of the QB to diagnose the defense and change the play if necessary (in the case of the QB not even getting the play call until the play clock is in the mid teens.)

Highpitch

Reaction score
Theres an old saying about the grass being greener and it couldnt be much truer here. Reminds me of how the pats fans are melting down these days. You guys are and have been post season staples for a long time even a sb win not that long ago.

Perspective fellas

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Highpitch":cdmiasgg said:
Can you explain this to a lowly suffering jet fan?

You guys have a fqb AND a great coach. But, you complain and want them gone.

Struggling teams would give theiir left nut for either.

So who ois the coach you want? Who is the qb you want? Are they available? Reallistic?

I would take the Jamal Adams draft picks back for Pete.

Who am I kidding, I would send more draft picks your way for you to take Pete.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Highpitch":1c5wzrzh said:
Theres an old saying about the grass being greener and it couldnt be much truer here. Reminds me of how the pats fans are melting down these days. You guys are and have been post season staples for a long time even a sb win not that long ago.

Perspective fellas

With some guys here it is wizards chess. Pete is Ron Wiesley....and they want to sacrifice him to get to the Sorcerers stone. They only see the stone as the final piece...not the graduation and playing the all 3 years to graduation. With all teams, the ONLY prize is the Lombardi. It is not the struggle with new players fitting positions and their growth into that position....it is the final football of crystal.

Having a great coach with a plan and not having the personnel fit that plan is difficult. That is what happened here. The Legion of Boom is gone. We are trying to fill that layer of shoes. Purple People Eaters are gone....LOB is Gone. But we can use that as a template and try to make it work. We need more personnel that fit a set of statistics and see if they work out. That is the best we can do.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is 70.

He is a program builder.

He could potentially, in a few years, build this team into what he wants.

Then he will probably have to step down, because he will be too old. So he will never be able to do anything with the team he built, just be left with years of squandered opportunity with Wilson.

Meanwhile Wilson will be older. And close to past his prime. With years more of bad habits firmly ingrained while never quite getting the full opportunity to learn to be better under a competent coordinator or game plan.

There is no upside with Pete. Even if you want to do the 'graduation' thing with him, in the Harry Potter analogy, he comes with no upside. All he does is use finite years of productivity with your top tier QB while delivering nothing in the postseason.

And when the team issues are finally addressed? Wilson will be out of his prime and the team will be completely crafted to be effective for a Carroll that is no longer there.

To say nothing of the years of squandered draft picks that decimate the potential future of this team. We already went all in this year for little reason, and it is doubtful we will keep Dunlap and Adams.

There is no improving things under Pete. There is only treading water and more of the same. If anything, this WAS the good year. Normally the 49ers would own this division which we only won because of their rash of injuries.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Main problem, that we should all know was coming. Russ Wilson's contract. Sucked up all the money to build a team. The reason we were able to build the LOB was all the cash. Is this a surprise to anybody? C'mon man. Tom Brady deferred his cash for the good of the team. That's how they kept on top of the heap. C'mon Russ. Do the same, or we're gonna be stuck in this BS middling ground forever!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3alfny30 said:
Pete is 70.

He is a program builder.

He could potentially, in a few years, build this team into what he wants.

Then he will probably have to step down, because he will be too old. So he will never be able to do anything with the team he built, just be left with years of squandered opportunity with Wilson.

Meanwhile Wilson will be older. And close to past his prime. With years more of bad habits firmly ingrained while never quite getting the full opportunity to learn to be better under a competent coordinator or game plan.

There is no upside with Pete. Even if you want to do the 'graduation' thing with him, in the Harry Potter analogy, he comes with no upside. All he does is use finite years of productivity with your top tier QB while delivering nothing in the postseason.

And when the team issues are finally addressed? Wilson will be out of his prime and the team will be completely crafted to be effective for a Carroll that is no longer there.

To say nothing of the years of squandered draft picks that decimate the potential future of this team. We already went all in this year for little reason, and it is doubtful we will keep Dunlap and Adams.

There is no improving things under Pete. There is only treading water and more of the same. If anything, this WAS the good year. Normally the 49ers would own this division which we only won because of their rash of injuries.

I would only ask...the tools we added this year in the middle of the season that have produced like Dunlap and Adams...if they stick around....do we not have a couple more years of opportunity to achieve at least the Conference Championship? I dont know if they can win it, but at least achieve it....???

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont understand the happiness in the loss. We invested a ton of time, energy and money in building this team to what it is. If we get decent play from the QB position yesterday, we win. We didn't, so now all that investment is for nothing.

To think it will somehow result in us being better off because PC will get fired, step aside or some other major change will occur is just foolish. This team COULD have won more this season and should have. We will all be best served to let them fix whatever it is that's throwing away games (and seasons) and hopefully come back stronger. We don't need a new QB, we need better QB play. We don't need new coaches. We need more accountability between coaches and players. And no player should be beyond criticism, regardless of how much money they make.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
The team went 12-4 in the most difficult division in football. They played a bad game and will sit out January football.

No, I don't support the notion that it's better to lose. And I think we're going to be fine going forward.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2p6h6fxq said:
If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

1) We would be keeping PC here even longer

2) We would have less motivation to examine coordinators/philosophies

3) We would've been exposed by the Saints or Packers

4) We would've lost draft positions. I can already feel the hate for this, but this...team...was...not...SB bound...period

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change.
You have to much hope things will change. For the next 4 years I bet we are one and done or possibly missing the playoffs. We won’t win anything with this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk