I'm just going to post a stupid scenario that won't happen

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Seattle is bounced in the playoffs early, they're picking maybe 18th/19th natively. If they miss out on the playoffs, they probably continued to crater and are like 12th overall. This scenario assumes the cratering happens.

An interesting strategy to consider is something like what the Texans did last year. Grab two absolute studs in the same year. The Texans did this with a quarterback and defender, but another cool option.. do the classic scenario of uniting a quarterback with his college target.

The Bengals did it with Burrow/Chase, and I originally wanted them to find a way to do it with Burrow/Jefferson.

Next years first, some later picks to round it out, and DK Metcalf to secure Jayden Daniels (if he rises to where I think he will), and pair him with Malik Nabers at the native pick.

Just spitballin', but that's my favorite idea yet if a ton of things fall into place. Will never happen, in a million years, ever.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hell you could argue the Texans got three studs with Tank Dell who looks like a legit #1 WR.

I love the idea of it because they already have chemistry. Might be easier to get Penix and Odunze and think Penix is playing hurt currently

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hell you could argue the Texans got three studs with Tank Dell who looks like a legit #1 WR.

I love the idea of it because they already have chemistry. Might be easier to get Penix and Odunze and think Penix is playing hurt currently
Penix looks stupid right now. I lowkey think he's hiding a concussion.

sutz

Reaction score
Penix is currently throwing at about a 55% completion rate lately. Should make him drop a bit in the draft. I suppose part of that is the game plans/schemes. He does throw deep a lot, which Pete likes, and he hasn't chucked a lot of INTs overall. But his completion pctg is lower than the typical 60% most pro teams like these days.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I am in favor of trading up for a QB in this draft. Not sure that I am in favor of trading away all the resources required to get 2 top 10/15ish players though.

Chevy

Reaction score
Fun topic!

In the initial poster thought, I'm all for trading up to get one of the top QBs in the draft. Be it Daniels or Nix. Even without Metcalf our receiving core is still really good, so I wouldn't want to spend a 1st on a WR.

With the other 1st round pick, mid-1st, I would want (OG/OT) Graham Barton or (S) Tyler Nubin. Barton would help towards us getting a very good offensive line. Or if we went Nubin it would allow us to cut Jamal Adams and free up a lot of money for free agency.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Penix is currently throwing at about a 55% completion rate lately. Should make him drop a bit in the draft. I suppose part of that is the game plans/schemes. He does throw deep a lot, which Pete likes, and he hasn't chucked a lot of INTs overall. But his completion pctg is lower than the typical 60% most pro teams like these days.
Penix in the year is under 40% if you take away his first read and he holds the ball for 4 seconds.

Chevy

Reaction score
Penix in the year is under 40% if you take away his first read and he holds the ball for 4 seconds.
So what QB's do you have ranked above Penix, other than Williams and Maye?

cymatica

Reaction score
Fun topic!

In the initial poster thought, I'm all for trading up to get one of the top QBs in the draft. Be it Daniels or Nix. Even without Metcalf our receiving core is still really good, so I wouldn't want to spend a 1st on a WR.

With the other 1st round pick, mid-1st, I would want (OG/OT) Graham Barton or (S) Tyler Nubin. Barton would help towards us getting a very good offensive line. Or if we went Nubin it would allow us to cut Jamal Adams and free up a lot of money for free agency.
Something about the name Barton bothers me

CPHawk

Reaction score
So what QB's do you have ranked above Penix, other than Williams and Maye?
Daniels, Travis (who we can get later) As a hawks fan I rank QBs how they fit behind our lack of OL. Not how they look with a clean pocket and all day to throw.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Penix looks stupid right now. I lowkey think he's hiding a concussion.
How bout now? :)

Jokes aside, he absolutely has been playing thru something. But all he does is win. Cold blooded with the game on the line. Not sure why so many people want to downplay how good he is. None of us really know how a guy will pan out in the NFL. Total crapshoot, but it's clear that a lot of people continue to ignore how good he is. And how clutch he is. You don't win 20 straight games, including 9 against ranked teams (3 times over Oregon) on accident.
How a guy plays with the game on the line is what matters most, just my opinion. And he's as good as it gets in college football when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter or OT.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How bout now? :)
Looks better! He was really off for a few weeks with the sideline puking and the odd throws, no way he wasn't hiding either a concussion or something like broken ribs

It'd make sense for him to hide injuries (postseason run aside) as he desperately needs that injury concern abated for his pro career

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. He has this strange way of overthrowing a couple times early in a game. Only to come back and hit the same WR for a TD. That's why when I watch him play, I don't get nervous. I just expect him to come back and be nails. Even on a game where his accuracy is off. Then again, he's a heck of a lot more accurate than people think. And some of his throws are just plain ridiculous. I'll be pulling for him big time, Hawks or not.
I doubt the Hawks draft him, but I hope he tears it up in the NFL.
Him getting sick at Apple Cup was legit. I'm guessing food poisoning. They talked about it in post game, and there was a bug thru the team.
No excuses, he wasn't that good in the Apple Cup. Missed a lot of throws, a lot of miscommunications with WR's. Seems like they sometimes play to the level of their competition. Teams they should blowout, close win. Teams people claim will smoke them, they get it done.
I'm obviously a huge UW fan, and I was mildly surprised they won on Friday. Oregon is just that good, and they were red hot.
What he needs to improve on is touch sometimes. He has an absolute cannon, and he def. sails the ball at times.