OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":308da7zk said:
LTH":308da7zk said:
keasley45":308da7zk said:
Well, you have to look at what Russ's image was. This is a business and there wasn't a hotter 5 names in the league than #3. And I think Pete honestly completely underestimated the way Russ has handled the last two years. It's borderline unchecked narcissism. He's not just ignoring Pete, it's obvious he's also ignoring Waldron. I gurantee that there's no way any even in the front office saw Russ pulling what he had.

But when you look at it from the other business side... Russ's side, what else is there to do? I think he knew last year that Pete was pissed and Schotty couldn't have been happy because his job was on the line because of the poor QB execution. So they were no doubt going to try and put him back in a place where the errant play we see now was kept in check by keeping Russ in a managerial role... so no MVP, no all time great talk... those accolades don't go to game managers and Russ had already heard enough of the good, not great talk early in his career.

So what card does he play? The only one he has. Turn the focus to his stats, his completion percentage ( partially due to the conservative role he played early on and the fact that he rarely throws traditional timing routes).

Spin the narrative to one where he's being held back be Pete and that the offense is stale, not because he doesn't execute it, but because the calls suck. And he knows it will work because the media machine talks soundbites, not necessarily facts (kind of like this forum)

And why do that? Because he knows that he needs to buy a year and put off as long as he can the truth that he struggles doing simple things like reading defenses because his 2022 plans don't include Seattle. Why wait? Because he has DK and Tyler setting records for him. It's saleable material to leverage his next deal.

For Russ this is a calculated business play gone wrong. He's overestimated his own ability to continue the magic he convinced himself was squashed last year not by his own inability to execute, but by Pete taking control away. I think he's been stubborn about the truth a long time, especially this offseason and in the most remarkable way right now. He is completely denying the fact that his play is killing the offense.

It makes me wonder if he isn't himself going to plan his own exit here soon (Blame it on his finger) if things don't turn. He's going to have to if he wants to secure his legacy. That, or he gives up trying to play Russ ball and plays within the offense ... which essentially means running more because it's not as though he can shift gears and all of a sudden see and do the things he hadn't been able to. But it might mean he can find space to maximize what he can do and what the offense is by doing something other than going boom or bust.

I think this is a very interesting post...I agree with most of it.

I think one aspect that everybody is overlooking is that Pete being the great football coach that he is, finds a way to work things out with Russ, Waldron and with the offense. It might be that they don't make the play offs this year but the adversity of the year might turn out to be the biggest blessing... maybe they figure it out and make the best out of a down year take that momentum and have a great year next year. sometimes the greatest seasons in growth are not the most successful .. i'm hoping they figure it out and grow stronger that's what happens with strong relationships...

Just my observation

LTH

Firing underperforming coaches and players works also, or actually being a Coach on the Field and not a Buddy.

We don't want to compound things either.

That might end up being the case they might fire Pete and then they might trade Wilson... it's like Axle Rose says take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty... but on the flip side some times the grass aint greener on the other side of the fence and the girls? oh my, they butt ass ugly...LOL Ill stay with the chick who can suck start my Harley... thank you LMFAO!!!! as far as Pete and Russ are concerned I'm hoping they figure it out new O, new o coordinator bad start to the season lets see what happens..

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
Brown did what every offensive lineman should do, both on the field as well as off: Whether he was right, wrong, or indifferent in his appraisals, he defended his quarterback.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":32rg2n8u said:
Brown did what every offensive lineman should do, both on the field as well as off: Whether he was right, wrong, or indifferent in his appraisals, he defended his quarterback.

and thats exactly what he should do... that's Carrolls number one rule protect the team.

it's a shame that a reporter cannot sit down with Pete and have an Indepth conversation about what's happening with the Seahawks... Carroll will never do that because he knows that it will get taken out of context and end up being noise that the team has to overcome.

that and he doesn't want to tip off the team he is playing this week as to his insight to what's really happening. this could already be a problem as most teams know that the Seahawks do their homework and so they show something different than what's on tape.

LTH