Is Carroll losing the team ?

xray

Reaction score
This year has a different feel than past seasons . All the wins except the AZ game could of gone as losses . There are times during games that the Hawks seem to go AWOL . In the case of the Atlanta game ; AWOL for an entire half . Carroll knows ; like the rest of us that something is wrong ; but what ? Are his coaching philosophies losing their appeal and falling on deaf ears ?

rcaido

Reaction score
wow what overreaction monday...Even on a win. :shock:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This team is 6-2 and on track to make the playoffs. No, he is not "losing the team."

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
PCs coaching philosophy is to play not to lose , chew up the clock and to take care of the ball. The team are listening to him too closely I would argue. I'd like to see them let off the leash a bit.

I also think he didn't want to humiliate DQ and deliberately took the foot off the gas. Frustrating but I don't think the result was under threat as some would let you believe.

I don't care what anyone says if you were offered 6 and 2 after week 8 you would snap that persons hand off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This thread should go into the dumpster with the "we have no heart" thread from last week.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e9ax8rm said:
This thread should go into the dumpster with the "we have no heart" thread from last week.

I wrote what I thought was a reasoned retort to the OP but I'm inclined to go with this instead.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Watch Carroll's press conference ... the Q&A portion about what he thinks happened in that game ...he lost control of that game ...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
6-2! Six and freaking two!! Not 2-6, not Two and Six. Never have I seen such wringing of hands over a team that has won 2/3s of their games. I’m waiting to see a thread titled “it’s a dumpster fire” any day now.

Maybe this fan base just needs to bitch the first half of the season. Can’t complain about the slow starts causing them to have a bad record. Can’t complain that the season is over after a handful of games because of a 500 record. Might as well find something to complain about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1u9vemnr said:
6-2! Six and freaking two!! Not 2-6, not Two and Six. Never have I seen such wringing of hands over a team that has won 2/3s of their games. I’m waiting to see a thread titled “it’s a dumpster fire” any day now.

Maybe this fan base just needs to b!@ch the first half of the season. Can’t complain about the slow starts causing them to have a bad record. Can’t complain that the season is over after a handful of games because of a 500 record. Might as well find something to complain about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Many in here have given their opinions about what they think is wrong with this team this year . My opinion is that Carroll is losing control of this team including the coaching staff . If you don't agree ; that's fine .

Elemas

Reaction score
I think the title may be inappropriate, but the premise the same.

As much as I hope the Hawks run the table, I think you naysayers that give PC his props on "Pete Ball", or say things like we took our foot off the gas because it was Dan Quinn, or "relax...we're 6-2. Everything's going to be ok", need less peyote in your lives.

Our wins have come against teams that are a combined 13-31-1. Not our fault. It's great to be 6-2.

But, none of you can sit here and argue nor prove that the current playcalling, performance, or lack thereof will benefit the Hawks after this TB game. Kicker...neither can I.

But, I'd bet money we end up with only 4 (max) more regular season wins and hopefully a wildcard. Reality may be 3 wins and miss the playoffs.

Pete Ball ok at that point? Everything going to be ok at that point?

We'll see.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":27g7y9ti said:
Watch Carroll's press conference ... the Q&A portion about what he thinks happened in that game ...he lost control of that game ...

Losing control of the X's and O's, schemes and how a game unfolds is different then "losing the team."

So if you'd like to clarify as to what you're talking about, that'd be great...........but what you're asking is far different from what Pete said in his presser, which is he was "lousy" and needs to do better in 2nd halves then he did yesterday.

What YOU'RE saying is a ridiculous notion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
8 games, won 6, lost 2 = 3/4 of their games won according to my calculator.

Losing the team?

Ans: NOPE!

The dislike of Carroll is strong in XRay. It appears nothing Carroll can do is ever the right thing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Elemas":3j8uojuc said:

As much as I hope the Hawks run the table, I think you naysayers that give PC his props on "Pete Ball", or say things like we took our foot off the gas because it was Dan Quinn, or "relax...we're 6-2. Everything's going to be ok", need less peyote in your lives.

Our wins have come against teams that are a combined 13-31-1. Not our fault. It's great to be 6-2.

But, none of you can sit here and argue nor prove that the current playcalling, performance, or lack thereof will benefit the Hawks after this TB game. Kicker...neither can I.

But, I'd bet money we end up with only 4 (max) more regular season wins and hopefully a wildcard. Reality may be 3 wins and miss the playoffs.

We'll see.
Less peyote? Man I could use more especially reading threads about how Pete sucks and should be fired when all he's done is win in his life.

Did you ever think the opposite could be true, that the people who don't think everything's OK need more peyote in their lives?

peyote-in-bloom.jpg

I will say your last statement is correct. Indeed we will see.

As for the OP, I'm not buying what you're selling. Teams tune out their coaches when they're losing, not at 6-2.

Elemas

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2696vw3l said:
Elemas":2696vw3l said:

We'll see.
Less peyote? Man I could use more.

Did you ever think the opposite could be true, that the people who don't think everything's OK need more peyote in their lives?

peyote-in-bloom.jpg

I will say your last statement is correct. Indeed we will see.

You may be correct. There's a lot of loaded statements, less facts...only time will tell. I just don't feel you can really "close" the team's we have left on our schedule (sans TB) in the manner we've done it.

No hate though....I'd like the Hawks to end the regular season at 14-2.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
jammerhawk":o7lumue1 said:
8 games, won 6, lost 2 = 3/4 of their games won according to my calculator.

Losing the team?

Ans: NOPE!

The dislike of Carroll is strong in XRay. It appears nothing Carroll can do is ever the right thing.

I don't personally know Carroll ; so liking or disliking him is not the issue for me . I don't trust Carroll as a HC anymore and I think that many in and around the team and in here feel the same .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30yjped5 said:
xray":30yjped5 said:

Losing control of the X's and O's, schemes and how a game unfolds is different then "losing the team."

So if you'd like to clarify as to what you're talking about, that'd be great...........but what you're asking is far different from what Pete said in his presser, which is he was "lousy" and needs to do better in 2nd halves then he did yesterday.

What YOU'RE saying is a ridiculous notion.
LOL...ok...Carroll says he was lousy I didn't .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Maulbert":1aqva9f2 said:
xray, you should go to webzone. They'd love you there.
Thanks for contributing nothing again . :D