Is Carroll losing the team ?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":11vznht9 said:
That could be said for virtually every coach in the NFL. There are very few coaches that can win without either a top notch QB or a top notch Defense. We were lucky to have both for a while. Now we just have WIlson. And I agree that his presence assures us 2-4 wins every year.
Pete's a guy that with no talent will get you 7 wins. With a great D or good QB he'll get you 9-10 wins. With a great D and good QB he'll get you 11-13 wins.
Without Pete and Wilson, we are a 4 win team looking forward to a high pick.

^ Truth^....Case in point, just look at (Quarterbacks Coach) Andy Reid, and how well he's been doing since the Chiefs drafted him an exceptional Quarterback for him to Coach up.

Elemas

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2hmkq75s said:
Elemas":2hmkq75s said:
I think the title may be inappropriate, but the premise the same.

As much as I hope the Hawks run the table, I think you naysayers that give PC his props on "Pete Ball", or say things like we took our foot off the gas because it was Dan Quinn, or "relax...we're 6-2. Everything's going to be ok", need less peyote in your lives.

Our wins have come against teams that are a combined 13-31-1. Not our fault. It's great to be 6-2.

But, none of you can sit here and argue nor prove that the current playcalling, performance, or lack thereof will benefit the Hawks after this TB game. Kicker...neither can I.

But, I'd bet money we end up with only 4 (max) more regular season wins and hopefully a wildcard. Reality may be 3 wins and miss the playoffs.

Pete Ball ok at that point? Everything going to be ok at that point?

We'll see.

Ain't nobody going to talk you out of your negativity, in fact, I doubt anyone even wants to try.
Old saying--> "misery loves company" guess that's why there are so many folks here are so quick to try and nix any good feeling that OTHER fans have about the Seahawks WINNING games. :roll:

Against better judgment, I'll bite. What you've improperly diagnosed as "misery" is often called "realism".

I'm happy as hell that we're 6-2.

And honestly, I don't care about OTHER fans...lol..foh with that. It's a forum. Judging by the number of posts you've made here, you should know this by now. You're going to get opinions....to which you're entitled to make.

I believe in my statement. If you think otherwise, OTHER fans happiness aside, state it and I'll revive this post in Week 17.

Otherwise, what's the point? No one's here to change your opinion. In fact. I doubt anyone even wants to try.

Maulbert

Reaction score
xray":1e3dq098 said:
SoulfishHawk":1e3dq098 said:
Every time they win, it's overraction Monday, and not in a good way.
You should see it when they lose :shock:
That being said, it's cool to have a place that you can vent about the team and talk football. We don't always get along, but it's still cool to have some back and forth about the Hawks. And it makes the week go faster.

Now you get it...this place is a church most of the time...boring...nothing wrong with adult arguing over the state of the Hawks is there ? That being said...I'm a Hawks fan since the beginning . i truly believe that Carroll is losing his grasp with this team . The topic I posted is Carroll losing the team ? It's a legitimate question . yes or no or maybe . then explain your stance ... or attack the poster . up to you .

We're allowed to have different opinions than you, and having different opinions isn't attacking you. You're not a martyr.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":kyxpmy8a said:
SoulfishHawk":kyxpmy8a said:
That being said, it's cool to have a place that you can vent about the team and talk football. We don't always get along, but it's still cool to have some back and forth about the Hawks. And it makes the week go faster.

Now you get it...this place is a church most of the time...boring...nothing wrong with adult arguing over the state of the Hawks is there ? That being said...I'm a Hawks fan since the beginning . i truly believe that Carroll is losing his grasp with this team . The topic I posted is Carroll losing the team ? It's a legitimate question . yes or no or maybe . then explain your stance ... or attack the poster . up to you .

As others have told you: Losing control of the team means the players no longer respect him, are tuning him out and being out and out subordinate.

Is that really what you think is happening? Or are you meaning something different when you say losing control of the team.

Because I see no evidence of discord or unrest with the players. You keep saying your question is legitimate. If thats so, please tell us what you see from the players that signals a coming revolt.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He isn’t losing the team but he refuses to adapt to the changing game. We have the best QB in the league which covers for this. Shame we may waste his prime.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xray":624sjgkw said:
SoulfishHawk":624sjgkw said:

You haven't explained your stance.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
xray":2s3u78ra said:
This year has a different feel than past seasons . All the wins except the AZ game could of gone as losses . There are times during games that the Hawks seem to go AWOL . In the case of the Atlanta game ; AWOL for an entire half . Carroll knows ; like the rest of us that something is wrong ; but what ? Are his coaching philosophies losing their appeal and falling on deaf ears ?

I think you're confusing what you think is happening, with what you HOPE is happening. HTH

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
After looking at all the responses it looks like the answer to the question is...NO!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":aqc4v0y4 said:
He isn’t losing the team but he refuses to adapt to the changing game. We have the best QB in the league which covers for this. Shame we may waste his prime.

I see this written all the time and it's WRONG. It is not a "changing" game. The game had already changed to what it is now, a passing game, BEFORE Pete came back to the league. His run first/D first style was the opposite of what the league was, the second he got here. It was one of the bigger reasons people doubted his ability to have success here. Why would you expect him to adapt to a game that he's already seen his style win a super bowl? A couple of 7-9 win seasons sure, maybe time to re-think things, but until that happens, IT ain't happening.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a message board, most of us don't know each other. We're gonna' debate and argue about football. We all (at least I think) love the Hawks. It's gonna' be ok, I get called a homer or a Russ lover all the time, big deal. My internet feelings are not hurt. Yes I think this place is way too negative quite often, big deal. I still like coming on here and talking football. Go Hawks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1z8mfp1r said:
xray":1z8mfp1r said:
This year has a different feel than past seasons . All the wins except the AZ game could of gone as losses . There are times during games that the Hawks seem to go AWOL . In the case of the Atlanta game ; AWOL for an entire half . Carroll knows ; like the rest of us that something is wrong ; but what ? Are his coaching philosophies losing their appeal and falling on deaf ears ?

dude, what? were the 4th youngest team in the league. Were 6-2 and 4 and 0 on the road. We haven't been 4-0 on the road since the Reagan administration. WTF are you even talking about? The defense is really bad right now and I think some of it is talent and a lot of it is on the DC, but good lord get some perspective.

Technically it was before the Reagan Administration, I would know because I was there and remember the dual glory of 1980. Seahawks winning for the first time and Reagan. It was epic joy.