Fade

Reaction score
Mahomes is really showing off his eliteness 2nite. :shock:

hawker84

Reaction score
Fade":6w3r7qt2 said:
getnasty":6w3r7qt2 said:
Fade":6w3r7qt2 said:
The previous 2 seasons he led the league in dropped INTs. They aren't dropping them anymore.

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been

There are at least 10 QBs I would take over him right now.

Curious what 10 quarterbacks? No fault of Andy Reid here either?

Andy Reid is giving him easy throws, and they move the ball in spurts with WR screens, HB screens, Y stick, and the like. The O-Line play has affected him, and he is struggling to adjust to that.

10 QBs I would take over Mahomes right now. Not longterm mind you, just right now. I think he will eventually work his way through this, but it could take some time, maybe a season or two.

Josh Allen
Dak Prescott
Lamar Jackson
Russell Wilson (If Healthy)
Kyler Murray
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Justin Herbert
Ryan Tannehill
Derek Carr

Joe Burrow and Kirk Cousins are playing better than him as well if we're being honest.

Ummmm. :lol:

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
hawker84":7n4ggmoe said:
Fade":7n4ggmoe said:
getnasty":7n4ggmoe said:
Fade":7n4ggmoe said:
The previous 2 seasons he led the league in dropped INTs. They aren't dropping them anymore.

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been

Curious what 10 quarterbacks? No fault of Andy Reid here either?

Andy Reid is giving him easy throws, and they move the ball in spurts with WR screens, HB screens, Y stick, and the like. The O-Line play has affected him, and he is struggling to adjust to that.

10 QBs I would take over Mahomes right now. Not longterm mind you, just right now. I think he will eventually work his way through this, but it could take some time, maybe a season or two.

Josh Allen
Dak Prescott
Lamar Jackson
Russell Wilson (If Healthy)
Kyler Murray
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Justin Herbert
Ryan Tannehill
Derek Carr

Joe Burrow and Kirk Cousins are playing better than him as well if we're being honest.

Ummmm. :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1453748178667331594[/tweet]

Leading the league in picks, bails from clean pockets, can't extend plays like he once used too, struggles to go through his reads, mechanically is sloppy and is choosing to throw off platform when it is unnecessary. Teams stay in a 2 high shell and dare him to play real QB, he cannot, consistently.

Mahomes is an incredible talent, but teams now have a book on him. He hasn't played at an elite level dating back to the later part of last season. He will work through this eventually.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":22p0fplt said:

Mahome's problem is the same as Russell's problem, he either doesn't even look for, or refuses the easy check downs and wants to force the ball downfield.

Now that the Chief's "new and improved" O-line is a dumpster fire, teams are just playing two high and taking away all of Mahomes middle to deep throws.

Again, like Wilson he could Brady dink and dunk his way downfield, but he's impatient and is forcing the ball, and getting picked at a very high rate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Josh Allen got abused by arguably the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Detroit is the worst team but Jags aren't too far behind them.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23h7tcjg said:
Fade":23h7tcjg said:

Mahome's problem is the same as Russell's problem, he either doesn't even look for, or refuses the easy check downs and wants to force the ball downfield.

Now that the Chief's "new and improved" O-line is a dumpster fire, teams are just playing two high and taking away all of Mahomes middle to deep throws.

Again, like Wilson he could Brady dink and dunk his way downfield, but he's impatient and is forcing the ball, and getting picked at a very high rate.

Wilson has been light years better than Mahomes this season. And unlike Wilson, Mahomes actually has a screen game to pad his numbers, if it wasn't for that Mahomes would go from disappointing to trainwreck.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":1fljraxg said:
Sgt. Largent":1fljraxg said:
Fade":1fljraxg said:

Wilson has been light years better than Mahomes this season. And unlike Wilson, Mahomes actually has a screen game to pad his numbers, if it wasn't for that Mahomes would go from disappointing to trainwreck.

Light years? Not sure how you can say that when Russell's been out for a month, and we were 2-3 when he got hurt and had the least amount of offensive snaps, first down and time of possession in the entire league.

My statement holds true, both QB's are enamored with pushing the ball downfield and taking shots. Mahomes is pressing something fierce and his O-line is garbage which is compounding his erratic play.

Threedee

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1mhv3zih said:
He is having a hard time checking down.

Which is weird, given that the Chiefs were basically a West Coast offense when Mahomes arrived. Smith would constantly check down to his TE and RB, which is largely the reason for that hilarious streak KC achieved where they had no WR TDs.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36b2chtk said:
Light years? Not sure how you can say that when Russell's been out for a month, and we were 2-3 when he got hurt and had the least amount of offensive snaps, first down and time of possession in the entire league. .
One player has a 10-1 TD to INT ratio, 70+ completion % and is the league's highest rated passer.

The other is leading the league in interceptions, and is struggling to come off his first read, and then panics.

My statement holds true, both QB's are enamored with pushing the ball downfield and taking shots.
No. One player runs an offense by a HC that is obsessed with throwing deep and hates dink and dunk, sometimes even having no checkdown available to throw to.

The other is ignoring all players on the field except for his first read for 3 seconds, than panics and bails from a clean pocket. Wilson is not playing like this.

Mahomes is pressing something fierce and his O-line is garbage which is compounding his erratic play.
Patrick Mahomes has the 2nd highest graded O-Line via PFF through week 10.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-10-offensive-line-rankings-2021

Wilson would die and go to heaven to have guys like Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, and Trey Smith.

Seattle has the 23rd rated O-Line with no long term building blocks. KC has 4 studs long term. Wilson would break all of the records with an offensive line like that. And here Mahomes is leading the league in INTs. Light-years.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fade":1o6djc1i said:
Sgt. Largent":1o6djc1i said:
Light years? Not sure how you can say that when Russell's been out for a month, and we were 2-3 when he got hurt and had the least amount of offensive snaps, first down and time of possession in the entire league. .
One player has a 10-1 TD to INT ratio, 70+ completion % and is the league's highest rated passer.

The other is leading the league in interceptions, and is struggling to come off his first read, and then panics.

My statement holds true, both QB's are enamored with pushing the ball downfield and taking shots.
No. One player runs an offense by a HC that is obsessed with throwing deep and hates dink and dunk, sometimes even having no checkdown available to throw to.

The other is ignoring all players on the field except for his first read for 3 seconds, than panics and bails from a clean pocket. Wilson is not playing like this.

Mahomes is pressing something fierce and his O-line is garbage which is compounding his erratic play.

Wilson would die and go to heaven to have guys like Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, and Trey Smith.

Seattle has the 23rd rated O-Line with no long term building blocks. KC has 4 studs long term. Wilson would break all of the records with an offensive line like that. And here Mahomes is leading the league in INTs. Light-years.
You're starting to scare me guy. Mahomes is and always will be top 1-5 to say Wilson would have more success in KC's offense is kind of a shallow approach if you will. Wilson's best success has always been under game management circumstances and having a solid D at his back. Imagine how many Rings Mahomes would have with a healthy LOB on his defense with Michael Bennett and Avril on the edges in their primes.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2siyw8g8 said:
Fade":2siyw8g8 said:
Sgt. Largent":2siyw8g8 said:

You're starting to scare me guy. Mahomes is and always will be top 1-5 to say Wilson would have more success in KC's offense is kind of a shallow approach if you will. Wilson's best success has always been under game management circumstances and having a solid D at his back. Imagine how many Rings Mahomes would have with a healthy LOB on his defense with Michael Bennett and Avril on the edges in their primes.

Maybe, maybe not. Mahomes would also have much worse receivers, OL play, and freaking Bevell as his offensive coordinator vs Andy Reid. He would look like a much different QB under those circumstances.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1uvv0tq2 said:

Mahomes wouldn't have survived the dreadful offensive line play, year in year out. Also, just stop and think. Do you see Russell Wilson leading the league in INTs with the #2 offensive line?

Every analyst agrees right now, Mahomes is playing like crap. I was out in front of it, but everyone has now caught up, it is obvious.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Fade":34ezkx9m said:

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been fairly pedestrian.

He certainly doesn't look it, at all. Plays average and makes poor decisions.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
PackerNation":hb34wnuv said:
Fade":hb34wnuv said:

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been fairly pedestrian.

He certainly doesn't look it, at all. Plays average and makes poor decisions.

Like milk...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Holy hell, man. What a take.

Carr and Tannehill over Mahomes.

Hell, Wilson over Mahomes, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2hjy853p said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1460097159483691013[/tweet]

Holy hell, man. What a take.

Carr and Tannehill over Mahomes.

Hell, Wilson over Mahomes, lol.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CarlBanksGIII/status/1460094280069001218[/tweet]

Someone didn't watch the game last night. Doing some boxscore scouting are ya?

Good on Andy Reed for staying aggressive, though. Pete would've shut down the offense weeks ago and neutered Mahomes.

NINEster

Reaction score
Mahomes was always a bit overrated.

Once I saw him struggle against NE in the 2018 AFC Championship Game, it made sense that his style of hero ball wasn't infallible. All games of his against NE have been like that, even last season when NE had a rather weak team.

What Tampa did in the SB exposed him somewhat, but I think the level of beatdown might've given teams the actual confidence that they could no longer be in such awe of him. The 49ers did a very good job in the Super Bowl of holding him to 10 points until he could make his one big play (which we all know came from the dual fortune of a blown coverage and uncalled offensive holding), and the rest was history. If viewed fairly, Mahomes never played well in either Super Bowl.

We used to say that Mahomes' highlights almost always had receivers that were pretty wide open. Even Wilson didn't have receivers that wide open all the time.

He's definitely a very good QB, however in order for him to be a great QB going forward he has to improve within the system or have the system re-tailored to allow that. He's no longer able to just outperform a defense just based on his mobility and arm alone.

Also on the conspiracy side, I have no doubts in my mind that Tampa crushing the Chiefs in the SB had maybe 40% to do with the Brady bias and the rest were legit issues with the OL. If it were just 1 or the other woulda been a close game, but together it was too much.

Now we have many other QBs worthy of being the face of the league.

Unfortunately this is a thing.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
UPDATE: Mahomes continues to struggle, but the Chiefs keep winning. Must be nice.

He has a passer rating under 75 in his last 5 home games.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":ga0tfa0w said:
UPDATE: Mahomes continues to struggle, but the Chiefs keep winning. Must be nice.

He has a passer rating under 75 in his last 5 home games.

This is where we agree. Is mahomes very good? Yes. Is he baby goat? No and no.

He is struggling vs 2 high look. He has 11tds and 8 int in last 8 games.

And 6 and 2 record lol

Latest posts