Is there any hope next years postseason will be different?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Than the last 6 postseasons? Except probably missing them?

They are cementing those that brought this years postseason abject failure into place.

I see no reason anything will change in any way except I don’t think we win some of those close ones next year and miss the playoffs altogether.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No

Thats if they even make it to the post season. I think the backwards slide starts next season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is kind of my take on it too.

I am actually going to be shocked if we make it to the postseason.

The 49ers are going to take their division crown right back. It is not even clear we won't fall below the Cardinals next year.

And there will still be the Rams to deal with. We might split with them but the Rams will be solid enough to compete for a playoff spot too - and I don't see us beating out both the 49ers and Rams for their spots.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The biggest key is player depth. In an offseason where several players are free agents, the salary cap offers little room to go after talent and an upcoming draft where we don't have many picks, next season might be a downer. I almost expect a player to be traded to gain draft capital and or possibly future cap space.

Next year is next year, and every team will face changes and challenges.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't think the 9ers are a lock. Their QB is still very questionable and our defense is pretty good at stopping them. On defense, they are losing Saleh, so it remains to be seen how much better or worse they will be.

Rams are still the bigger threat, so long as they have that dline and secondary in tact.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Also to everyone so down on this team's prospects. We were a couple of plays from being the #1 seed this year. That could have changed A LOT.

The Rams are just a horrible match up for us so it made things look 10x worse than it is.

Football is a TON of luck. Get into the playoffs again, and yes there is hope.

I'm already over the loss, and over the FIRE X Y Z. All points well made. Ready for more constructive discussions within the confines of reality. And that is - that JS, Pete and Russ are back next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is team is VERY capable. That's why I never give up hope. I just think next year I will be a little more cautiously optimistic come playoff time. But I will never assume they are gonna' lose, not my jam.
And why watch the team if you just think they are going to lose every year? 2021 is a new season, let's see how things shake out in the off season, the draft and free agency. I'm just tired of Pete's stubbornness and lack of ability to adapt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've already said I think we've plateaued under the Pete/John and Russell regime.

So no I don't think next year will be any different. Why would it be bringing back the same coaches and most of the same players.....who will all be a year older. For the young guys that's good, for the core players? Not good.

Also, no one's brought up the fact that THIS was the year for us to grab the #1 seed and get that bye and weaker first round divisional opponent what with the Rams dropping off and Niners getting decimated by injuries.

How often is that going to happen over the next 4-5 years? Not often I don't think. All three teams in our division are young and on the up, not down.

- same coaches
- same players
- same schemes and playcalling
- no 1st round picks
- division will be nasty once again

This all spells back to fighting for the division and wildcards.

renofox

Reaction score
Yes. Seahawks will win a wild card game on the road before being knocked out in the Divisional. Progress!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yeah I agree that the offense has probably plateaued. But still think the defense can get better, especially with a full, uninterrupted offseason.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Wilson and/or Wagner need to restructure their contracts to distribute more to sign both Oline & Dline help. Seahawks Oline talent is thin, old, and lacks depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
I think the only way next year is different is if Russ agrees to restructure and take a team friendly deal. Pete has made it very clear that he wants to rely on his D and run more. He wants to do the best he can to copy the 2013 team.

I do think this D has a chance at being a top 5 or better D. We need all the key players back and to stay healthy. This end of the year D with a healthy Blair, Irvin, and Taylor could be very good. I dont hink they could be 2013 good, thats a tall order....but they could definitely be good enough.

The problem is the offense we would need Russ to take the pay cut so we can go get one of the top 3 RB in the league. In order for the offense to work like Pete wants it to you need a back as good as Lynch was. In order to do that & make it be a sure fire upgrade we will need to trade Carson for someone and pay them a shit ton. We also need to improve the online, but that can be done through the draft and won't are as much money right now.

The thing is I believe if we changed our offensive philosophy we could win a super bowl with this D & a new offensive system because I think we have the talent. Pete has already made it clear that won't ever be the team he coaches & that is the hard part. I honestly don't know that the kind of team he wants to have works any other way than if we have the #1 D in the league & the number #1 rushing attack in the league & probably like a top 3 special teams unit as well.

If we can make those moves this off season than we can get a #1 seed next year and have a real chance. Problem is without Russ restructuring I don't see how we bring back most of the important free agents from this year with the cap space we have right now.

Forthewin

Reaction score
I am guessing the exact same results. That is why I want a slow build up! No more giving away 1st round picks. With Russ's contract there will be no huge signings, so the Hawks need to build through the draft!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Man, you people are pathetic. We just fired the OC who designed all those vanilla you-could-call-them-from-home run plays and you assume that for some reason PC (the admitted defensive and not offensive dude) was responsible for the Xs and Os of the vanilla run offense. HELLO, are you listening to yourselves? Just because PC says he wants to run more, you assume he means run the same ol' BS plays. If that was the case why did he just fire the guy who delivered those very "same ol' BS plays"? PC sees what's going on around the league, and what just happened to us in the playoffs where they were able to run effectively and we weren't.

Fact is, if we had a slightly more imaginative run game design (along with not using a straight drop-back O-line scheme, and rolling RW out), that would negate that whole 2-high safety D that befuddled Scheissenhammer by making the run and short pass game effective. That would cause at least one of the safeties to come up and cover the short game, opening up the long game. PC saw this, and Scheissenhammer couldn't, so down the road he goes.

Or you can just keep yammering on about how PC is old and senile and shit.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If all four NFC West teams can remain even 75% healthy, it's going to be a blood bath. Sadly, I think the Seahawks will get the short end of a few sticks. I don't think we'd finish fourth, but it'd either be third or a down to Week 16 rivalry game to see who takes second.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
GeekHawk":26ykujhd said:
Man, you people are pathetic.

Better to be pathetic than straight up stupid. Thread was started when PC was saying everyone would be back including Shottenheimer. And if you think an OC change will change anything I do pity you. PC won’t hire anyone that won’t call PCs tired offense. So, more of the same.

I imagine Schotty pressured his way out after being neutered by PC then getting the blame for being a eunuch.

But hey it’s a message board. Your opinions are welcome even if they are from the left side of the bell curve.

kf3339

Reaction score
Right now I think we have as much chance of finishing in 4th place, as winning the NFC west or making it as a wildcard. So in other words, less than 50% as it stands right now.

Fade

Reaction score
If they steal a Shanny disciple off of the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Packers, or Browns. (I think that covers them all, lol.)

They could very well win a playoff game, if not more. What makes that system so lethal besides the effective running game no matter who the runningback is. Is the bootaction pass game that comes off of it. It is literally perfect for Russell Wilson's skillset.

The Seahawks rolled Wilson out 0 times on 35 dropbacks against the Rams. ZERO. Pathetic.

This system perfectly blends the rungame and the pass game, and they compliment each other. Seattle currently plays with 2 offenses. A spread it out hurry up attack, where Wilson dictates the tempo, usually only implemented in 2min situations, and when they are trailing in the 4th qtr. and Pete Ball. It's as disjointed as they come.

I will have a new found optimism, if they can get an outside zone, boot scheme in place.

Latest posts