It's time for Schottenheimer to go

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm not usually the "fire coach X" person, but it's time to upgrade at OC.

Schotty is a good OC, but that's it. He isn't capable of dynamic game planning, or adjusting on the fly. Like Big Joe said in Mad Max, "Mediocre." And that's all he'll ever be.

His first 2 games with Russell, one would thing that he would run the ball alot, and protect his QB against good pass rushing teams until the Offense got used to each other and familiar with the offense. Instead he opened up with 2 deep passing games, and our QB got beat up, and we lost both

Pete doesn't have any confidence in Brian, because he keeps second guessing him. He keeps complaining about the game plan, but says it's on him.

And why in the hell do we have an OC that can dictate the plays to our QB and not let Russell change the plays at the LOS. It's not every game, but the Giants game was one. THat, and no adjustment, constantly trying to throw deep while your QB gets hammered. Sound familiar?

Lo and Behold, we get to a Playoff game against the #1 Defense in the NFL, with the Defensive MVP on their team, and it's the same game plan as against the giants. Jake said there were a lot of 7 step drops? OMG!

It's time to get rid of this guy. And before you say well Pete said Schotty's offense scored more points than any other Seahawks offense. Yes, in a COVID year, where Referees were allowing Offensive linemen to blatantly old defensive linemen. That was their marching orders at the beginning of the season. So it was EASY for any offense to score.

But when they started calling the games normally, our "Potent Offense" fell off a cliff! We needed our running game, short passing game, and up tempo plays! But no, there's poor Russell, being told to huddle up, give those defensive linemen a chance to catch their breath so that they can hammer our QB some more...

I think it was the NFL, or PFF that said Russell was pressured on 50% of his dropbacks!

So let's not forget that early in the season, Offenses had the advantage, and that doesn't turn MEDIOCRE OCs in to Geniuses this year!

Of course, one cannot suggest a firing, if he doesn't suggest a hiring. Doug Pederson. 'Nuff said.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He was just fired. Literally the moment you posted this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1349146349652963333[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
But does this matter?

We got rid of Bevell, fixed everything during the regular season, and went on an offensive tear.

While much of that was taking advantage of defenses not in sync yet, we seemed to have turned a corner.

Then Pete neutered the whole thing.

Then we went into the playoffs after offensive struggles with other teams...(like WFT)

Finally Pete turtled up like he always did, lost us the game, and everyone freaked out.

Schotty probably would have converted the 4th and 1, Pete was the one getting the way.

So does this fix anything? Or is this rinse and repeat?

I think the latter is more likely. Pete is too old for this matter.

Changing the OC hardly matters if the guy with tight-fisted control of the OC is causing any OC to fail.

John63

Reaction score
LOl yeah a new OC combined with PC saying he wants to run more, and like close games equals even more of the same old same old. This will not be the last domino to fall.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Did he get fired?
Or just get tired of Pete destroying his career and leave on his own?

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":38ahyj0l said:
Pete fires Schotty. That's what you get for arguing with Pete on that 4th and 1 Brian.

LOl you htinkn that is all it was? I got some land in the marinas trench for you

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
John63":13fkdkmx said:
Seahawk_Dan":13fkdkmx said:
Pete fires Schotty. That's what you get for arguing with Pete on that 4th and 1 Brian.

LOl you htinkn that is all it was? I got some land in the marinas trench for you
Ah. I see that sarcasm flew over your head.

If a coach had to be fired, why not Norton? He arguably did a worse job than Schotty.

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2v0fwi3a said:
John63":2v0fwi3a said:
Seahawk_Dan":2v0fwi3a said:

If a coach had to be fired, why not Norton? He arguably did a worse job than Schotty.

Because he has more photoes of PC

hoxrox

Reaction score

If a coach had to be fired, why not Norton? He arguably did a worse job than Schotty.[/quote]

Norton improved over the course of the season. Shotty regressed. The Rams game plan alone was inexcusable.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":3axegj9y said:

Norton improved over the course of the season. Shotty regressed. The Rams game plan alone was inexcusable.[/quote]

Problem is as PC admitted eh had a large part of that change.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
This is actually more likely bad news. Schottenheimer probably told Pete he was unwilling to continue to sacrifice his career on Pete's bullshit. No longer a yes man? Out the door you go.

justafan

Reaction score
This was he first time that I recall that Wilson has struggled for any extended time. Before I blame Wilson I will see how he performs with another OC. Wilson wasn't neutered by PC IMO he just had problems with Schotty later in the year.

Hopefully they will build a tougher more physical offense. I remain optimistic Wilson will keep being Wilson if we do.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1htsevtd said:

ivotuk, can you post a thread entitled, "it's time for pinksheets's penis to double in size"?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
pinksheets":2y1tbyfy said:
Maelstrom787":2y1tbyfy said:

ivotuk, can you post a thread entitled, "it's time for pinksheets's pen15 to double in size"?

The Pen is Mightier!

I'll see what I can do. :snack:

seabowl

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3sbv4q27 said:
This is actually more likely bad news. Schottenheimer probably told Pete he was unwilling to continue to sacrifice his career on Pete's $h!t. No longer a yes man? Out the door you go.

Sounds a little like what’s happening in the nation’s capital now.

Elemas

Reaction score
Agree with what I've heard. Schotty wanted to open it up more and probably had a lot to say about it after that loss.

No wonder we hike the ball at 0. In addition to Pete wanting low scoring, close games...it appears he was over-riding calls as well. Going Sherlock Holmes here, but we can safely assume this happened at/around game 6.

Now, Schotty is the scapegoat.

The only way to keep your insanity here is to fully understand that it will surely go back to run, run, pass. We'll likely continue to hike at 1 second giving the defense all the anticipation they need. Games will be low scoring. We won't risk a 4th and one but we'll try to draw them offsides and call a timeout. Russ is likely disappointed and as nice a guy that he is, may be a bit pissed.

If we win, I truly dont care how it happens. I just find it hard to picture how this is going to happen with all the holes we have. I have no doubt in my mind that we are going after a major stud at RB. Even if we resign Carson.

Schotty has got to be thinking about the pace we were on. I'm sure he'll find a new gig. When he does, he'll be able to breathe again instead of being pigeonholed.

To sum it up...I have no idea if this is a good or bad move. I just know that Schotty did NOT enjoy being managed in the manner Pete operates.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":2cl3y4s9 said:
pinksheets":2cl3y4s9 said:
Maelstrom787":2cl3y4s9 said:

ivotuk, can you post a thread entitled, "it's time for pinksheets's pen15 to double in size"?

The Pen is Mightier!

I'll see what I can do. :snack: