Jamal Adams

PNW

Reaction score
Momofantv":tjz9i5jf said:
rcaido":tjz9i5jf said:
Momofantv":tjz9i5jf said:
rcaido":tjz9i5jf said:
Need to quote this for future reminder of your post.

I don’t mind to eat crow but so far he’s not been great the past few drafts are under him and Pete, we lost two first rounders for JA dudes going to be out 5-7 weeks probably with what we “know” as a grade one strain, we didn’t make any moves at signing a DE after signing JA, we let AB go to the bucs, we don’t know if we made any offer or even tried other than them saying “we’re in on everything “ how in? We need a WR that can catch on third down, we saw we were a one WR team last night DK got shut down again on offense we don’t use our TEs hardly ever, speaking of TEs Olson’s contract is awful

Since 2012, only Patriots has had a better record than us. We are constantly a playoff team. Olson's contract is fine, we will need him during the stretch and also insurance for Dissly.

Last two drafts has been pretty solid.

Penny, Green, Dissly, Griffin, & Dickson
Collier, Blair, Metcalf, & Amadi

Right now we are in 1st place, despite our injuries...We will probably win our a division. But yeah lets fire JS because he couldn't foresee an injury and Clowney strung the team around.

The only problem right now is our defense coordinator and pass rushing.

Omegalul penny? Questionable draft choice collier questionable, the DT who had red flags and ended up ruining his career, ifedi also questionable.

The firing part is he did NOTHING to improve our line this year he signed reed to an awful contract, Olson’s is not good either, will he be needed sure, did we need that $$$ for him, no has to make a move this weak at CB and DE or else this season 5-1 is quickly going to be 5-2 when we lose to SF with Adams, griffin, Carson all out, Carson wants to play but let’s be real can he be effective on that foot injury? More likely not.

JS isn’t some god, he’s okay at what he does the reason why we’re winning so much is Bc of #3 you take him away and KS and Pete are unemployed...

“Jarran Reed signed a two-year, $23 million contract in free agency earlier this offseason that will pay him $9.35 million for the 2020 season. However, Seahawks general manager John Schneider has cleverly structured Reed’s deal beyond 2020. The Seahawks can keep every last penny of the $13.5 million that Reed is owed for the 2021 season if they choose to release or trade him after 2020.”
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -contract/

Seems like the Reed contract was decent after reading more into it.

PNW

Reaction score
Whelp looks like Jamal Adams was out again for Thursday practice, damn if he’s gonna be out this long maybe we should’ve placed him on IR so we didn’t have to worry about him taking up a roster spot? I think we might even see D. Taylor back out there before Jamal at this point. :|

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I hate feeling hopeful and then getting disappointed. I think the only solution for me is to tune out Pete when he talks about injuries and just assume guys are out, then if they play be pleasantly surprised.

PNW

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3fbnrrec said:
I hate feeling hopeful and then getting disappointed. I think the only solution for me is to tune out Pete when he talks about injuries and just assume guys are out, then if they play be pleasantly surprised.
Agreed, that’s a good strategy for sure, it just sucks having given up mcdougald and two first round picks for not even three games so far this year. Ohh well that’s how football goes sometimes.

cymatica

Reaction score
The defense issues go beyond Adams. I think Dunlap and Snacks together will help way more. That said, they need to be more creative on defense. If Adams being injured keeps you from blitzing or playing exotic packages, then maybe you need to rethink your scheme

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete always sugar coats injuries. I’ve learned over the years that Questionable or “we’re gonna take it right up to game time” means the player is OUT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Agree with James. I think it's more possible than not that he's out.

Everyone's gone pretty silent on the 49er game, despite it being a traditional hatefest. And I think it's that for this next game anyway, we're almost turning it in. Hopefully not but that's my feeling about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":nsdth2al said:

Everyone's gone pretty silent on the 49er game, despite it being a traditional hatefest. And I think it's that for this next game anyway, we're almost turning it in. Hopefully not but that's my feeling about it.

So you think we are throwing in the Towel before the game even is played against a Division Rival?

Please...........

Typical smoke and mirrors is what it is, we will have Hyde and some others back, no disclosure till right before we have to.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":z40jriqz said:

Turning it in?
Good gracious..

Somos doces

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3sodjcky said:
SantaClaraHawk":3sodjcky said:

Turning it in?
Good gracious..
I mean, beyond the fact that the phrase is really "phoning it in," who cares how we, as fans, are approaching this game? I highly doubt the team itself is phoning it in. Under Carroll, the Hawks have have appeared unready to take on an opponent maybe two or three times.

(Knock on wood...)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ff9fana said:
SantaClaraHawk":2ff9fana said:

Turning it in?
Good gracious..

GOOD! Get fired up! Why aren't there convos about how we're gonna dominate? Or at least pull the W?

Oh, and meanwhile Resident Lifetime 49er is sitting here talking about how wonderful it'll be for us to SIT together for the game! Like he is totally enjoying this...and telling me to tell y'all that this is just an extension of the Habitrail Bowl.

C'mon people, join me in getting mad!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":2giacuzn said:
Momofantv":2giacuzn said:
rcaido":2giacuzn said:
Momofantv":2giacuzn said:
I don’t mind to eat crow but so far he’s not been great the past few drafts are under him and Pete, we lost two first rounders for JA dudes going to be out 5-7 weeks probably with what we “know” as a grade one strain, we didn’t make any moves at signing a DE after signing JA, we let AB go to the bucs, we don’t know if we made any offer or even tried other than them saying “we’re in on everything “ how in? We need a WR that can catch on third down, we saw we were a one WR team last night DK got shut down again on offense we don’t use our TEs hardly ever, speaking of TEs Olson’s contract is awful

Since 2012, only Patriots has had a better record than us. We are constantly a playoff team. Olson's contract is fine, we will need him during the stretch and also insurance for Dissly.

Last two drafts has been pretty solid.

Penny, Green, Dissly, Griffin, & Dickson
Collier, Blair, Metcalf, & Amadi

Right now we are in 1st place, despite our injuries...We will probably win our a division. But yeah lets fire JS because he couldn't foresee an injury and Clowney strung the team around.

The only problem right now is our defense coordinator and pass rushing.

Omegalul penny? Questionable draft choice collier questionable, the DT who had red flags and ended up ruining his career, ifedi also questionable.

The firing part is he did NOTHING to improve our line this year he signed reed to an awful contract, Olson’s is not good either, will he be needed sure, did we need that $$$ for him, no has to make a move this weak at CB and DE or else this season 5-1 is quickly going to be 5-2 when we lose to SF with Adams, griffin, Carson all out, Carson wants to play but let’s be real can he be effective on that foot injury? More likely not.

JS isn’t some god, he’s okay at what he does the reason why we’re winning so much is Bc of #3 you take him away and KS and Pete are unemployed...

“Jarran Reed signed a two-year, $23 million contract in free agency earlier this offseason that will pay him $9.35 million for the 2020 season. However, Seahawks general manager John Schneider has cleverly structured Reed’s deal beyond 2020. The Seahawks can keep every last penny of the $13.5 million that Reed is owed for the 2021 season if they choose to release or trade him after 2020.”
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -contract/

Seems like the Reed contract was decent after reading more into it.

The numbers look bad, but the contract is actually really team friendly. He's got to be a cap casualty in 2021, so I'd like to either try to trade him now, or at least have him take a significant paycut in 2021. He's not worth even half of his 2021 cap hit.

PNW

Reaction score
This is supposed to be about Jamal Adams, normally I don’t care about things that go off topic, but now you’re talking about watching the game with your roommate and us getting mad with you. Huh???

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
PNW":32rsemhp said:
This is supposed to be about Jamal Adams, normally I don’t care about things that go off topic, but now you’re talking about watching the game with your roommate and us getting mad with you. Huh???

We're going to get married after nine years so nah more than a roommate...but whatever, where is the 49ers vs. Seahawk talk? I opened a thread and most of it got nuked at the outage and now no one appears to want to take this up.

Is there just no interest now? No passion?

PNW

Reaction score
What’s the post count number I gotta reach before I’m no longer a rookie???

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":upbwdbmc said:
Momofantv":upbwdbmc said:
Adams is out again for SF dude could be done for the season at this point I would be surprised if he plays again, last week he intended to practice for SF today Pete says he’s day too day again, seemingly pushing it back every week

Yeah its not looking good at all. Catastrophic trade at this point.

Wow, what negative horse puckey. Many here would seriously take issue with this negative stance. But you are like Eeyore and it's always raining and gloomy where you are when the any subject concerning the team arises.

Until he got hurt he was making a difference and was applying edge pressure, and was all over the field. Groin injuries are notoriously slow to completely heal and the team is taking the slow and safe approach with Adams who will come back soon with a vengeance to make up for his lost time.

The scheme at present is the problem, and the soft zone that Norton can't seem to get away from makes the whole defence vulnerable when the can't get pressure giving opposing QBs far too long to pick out an open receiver.

The last half of the season will bring some happily needed improvements from the D.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The moves that led to a situation of needing to make a trade like this can be open to criticism. But being critical of the trade itself due to the injury is silly....monday morning QBing at its best. Unless you give up a lot to get a guy with an injury history and IIRC Adams did not have that.

Latest posts