Jerry Jones still bothered by loss @ Seattle

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This made me smile. I know a lot of people really hate the Cowboys, but I'm rather noncommittal on them overall, personally. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/ ... ason.html/

The salient points:

Dallas Morning News":1xzuk8t9 said:
“They told us and warned us, “Don’t underestimate Seattle,’” Jones said Wednesday on a conference call with season-ticket holders Wednesday. “And I think maybe we did when we got out there after winning that big game against the Giants last year.”
Dallas Morning News":1xzuk8t9 said:
In fact, Jones specifically expressed his displeasure with the defense’s abject performance in the loss to the Seahawks in a television interview one day before Ryan was terminated in January.

It’s a defeat that apparently resonated with Jones then. And it’s one that still bothers Jones to this day, more than seven months after it happened.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it warms my heart to sow this kind of discord among some other teams in the NFL. It feels great to be the perpetrators, instead of being on the receiving end. Mods, if you think this should be in the NFL forum, then move it; but I think this is related enough to our beloved Seahawks for the main forum.

Also, that win for us spawned the most epic "post-game reaction video" I've ever seen. There are a few of profane words in it, but nothing too bad if I recall correctly, but I won't embed it; just link to it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wow. $10 says he's a pee wee coach lol.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hey Jerruh, a new era has dawned. Your team has been irrelevant for 20 years now and the Seattle Seahawks are no longer an afterthought to the "big" teams you still perceive the Cowpatties to be among. News douchnozzle, our team is going to be kicking the shit out of teams like yours for quite some time. Get used to it.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I can't help but to think Jerry blames that Cowboys loss on his defense either out of blind stupidity or an overwhelming need to run Rob Ryan out of town. I don't like Rob Ryan, but perhaps 2 special teams fumbles, 1 of which were recovered by the Hawks and a blocked punt recovered in the end zone by the Hawks which all said and done led to 10 Hawks points had a little bit to do with the score getting out of hand. On the flip side great coverage by the Hawks led to many of Dallas' offensive drives starting inside the 20.

1 Romoception, as well as a drive killing Romofumble that he Romodived on, as well as Browner forcing a drive killing fumble that was recovered by Dallas.

Special teams disaster as well as your typical Romo game, which has a lot to do with Garrett giving up on Murray and making him throw 40 passes a game.

The defense could have been better, Tate levelling Sean Lee was probably the biggest defensive letdown of the game, but it wasn't like it was a 42-13 complete team meltdown. Without the special teams disaster, the game would have been a much more acceptable 17-7 loss, and Garrett might have pounded the rock more to increase Romo's efficiency.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean if your team got pushed around like they did, the owner and fans should be bothered. We straight punked em, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it, and eventually just gave in. It was so damn beautiful.

dunceface

Reaction score
I hate the cowpies and Jerruh and their loudmouth fans so this warms the cockles of my heart and the fact that I was there to see this beatdown in person makes me feel like I contributed a small part of that neon green thorn in his side
So this must be what he meant by glory hole...

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Throwdown":2jbvstzu said:
I mean if your team got pushed around like they did, the owner and fans should be bothered. We straight punked em, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it, and eventually just gave in. It was so damn beautiful.

This! It is not the loss it is how they lost.

This game defined the rest of the season for Seatte. For the first time since the Ruskel era Seattle was tougher, meaner and faster than the competition and this is where the players themselves (let alone the fans and the rest of the country) found that out.

What a fantastic win!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
:th2thumbs: It is especially sweet after hearing "America's Team" everytime the Cowboys are mentioned. Watching their draft made this past week all the more sweeter

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
That was a physical domination. Dallas got the crap knocked out of them in every facet of the game. Oh and the tate block was 100% legal, terrible call.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lol. Why can't cuzzin jurrah just blame the fact he has a shit team on the fact he's a shit gm that makes shit decisions..?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1nu5beye said:
That was a physical domination. Dallas got the crap knocked out of them in every facet of the game. Oh and the tate block was 100% legal, terrible call.

The worst part about that was the 21K fine afterwards, after the league had the chance to review it! No worries though, I think Kam will be covering all of the fines for some of the lesser paid Hawks this season. He'll call it the "Kam Chancellor fund for Disabled Opposing Receivers/Linebackers."

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3gp8nawv said:
Lol. Why can't cuzzin jurrah just blame the fact he has a shit team on the fact he's a shit gm that makes shit decisions..?

Can, you might want to tone it down a bit man, it isn't the shack after all lol

hawker84

Reaction score
Jerry Jones passion for the Cowboys outweighs his actual football/personell knowledge and that is the undoing of the franchise.. he needs to understand you can't buy a championship in the NFL, he goes out and signs two spendy corners for what? what good are they when your D line is garbage.. he doesn't understand it all starts in the trenches...

he's a terrible GM, he needs to hire somebody to manage the team ( people that actual have an expertise in managing personell ), kick back in his luxury sweet with his eye glasses cleaner and let his FO rebuild the team....

Subzero717

Reaction score
I remember him bringing up losing to us as one of the reasons he fired Ryan. I never understood it though. Did he not realize we were an 11-5 playoff team that went undefeated at home? Did he not also realize we beat the Patriots, Packers, Vikings and Niners here too?

The other thing about Jurrah and the boys. They keep firing DC's. The constant of GM Jerry, HC/OC Garret and QB Romo hasn't and the results continue to be the same.. ....

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
He should feel lucky they played us early in the season....if it was in the 2nd half the season, they would have had a 50-7 stomping to cry about. As much as he and people under rated Seattle, those same ppl over rate the cowpies.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":tvp5fiy4 said:
For the first time since the Ruskel era Seattle was tougher, meaner and faster than the competition and this is where the players themselves (let alone the fans and the rest of the country) found that out.

Baltimore @ Seattle?
BeastQuake playoff win?

This team has been consistently kicking the tar out of other teams for awhile. Although I think the Baltimore whipping in 2011 was the first instance of taking a real physical NFL team and beating them at their own game.

I love it!