Jerry Jones still bothered by loss @ Seattle

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has taken over Al Davis' spot at the craziest old man in the NFL.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
NFL Season order of importance:

1. Seahawks Winning
2. Other NFCW Teams Losing
3. Cowboys in turmoil
4. Steelers Losing to Browns
5. Not Hearing About the Jets

gargantual

Reaction score
First off, thanks Lady Talon for the humor. Romoception/fumble/dived. Classic stuff and made my day.

I don't hate the Cowpatties (couldn't do that being married to a Texas native :) ) but the "America's Team" crap has irritated me forever. Not my damned team.

The whole thing about Jerry Jones (and yeah, I love him too, keep running that team into the ground - heh!) is how what he's really saying is "How could we lose to the lowly Seahawks, how embarrassing is that?" I suppose I could understand that attitude starting last season, we DID surprise a lot of people, but intelligent analysts were already saying by then to not discount the Seahawks. Even in 2011 they were saying we were young and inconsistent, but dangerous! If Jones had said something later about how they didn't realize how good we really are, then I'd be alright with his attitude. Give us, and yourselves a little credit. If he HAS said something like that, I missed it.

And I am soooooo glad we don't have that Romoclown under center on our team! I figured he'd be a backup by now....rather than getting a ginormous payday.

Keeeeep on running that team into the ground Jerrrrah.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think Jerry can't get over it due to how his team lost, not the fact that he lost to us. There's no shame in losing to a team at their house that went 11-5, won a playoff game on the road, and had the best defense in the league by points allowed.

It was a miserable game for Cowboys fans to watch, though. :devil:

gargantual

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":18x88xuz said:
TriCHawk":18x88xuz said:
Jerry Jones has taken over Al Davis' spot at the craziest old man in the NFL.

I've been saying this for years. He is Al to a T.
Truer words have never been said.

I agree with everything you said Roland, but he hasn't SAID that. I just think his perception changed like it did throughout the NFL. Reality is hard to avoid for too long.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Didn't at some point last season, Jerry say in an interview that he should fire himself for the lousy job he's done (something to that effect)? Why hasn't he done it? Then again, I'm glad he hasn't. I take pleasure in Dallas sucking.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3e9yrbqw said:
seahawksTopGear":3e9yrbqw said:
For the first time since the Ruskel era Seattle was tougher, meaner and faster than the competition and this is where the players themselves (let alone the fans and the rest of the country) found that out.

Baltimore @ Seattle?
BeastQuake playoff win?

This team has been consistently kicking the tar out of other teams for awhile. Although I think the Baltimore whipping in 2011 was the first instance of taking a real physical NFL team and beating them at their own game.

I love it!

Stole my thunder... That game against the Ravens the season before was a real coming-of-age for our Smashmouth Seahawks. For the first time EVER in my recall, we slugged toe-to-toe with a physically-beat-you-up heavyweight team, and matched them punch for punch and raised them one, AND WON THE GAME. The 2012 Dallas game just continued to reinforce that identity, that it hadn't changed.

I would add to the list also the Giants game from the 2011 season, IN NEW YORK, where NYG and Eli were about to punch in the game-winning TD, merely a formality, after all it's the Seahawks, except that Eli threw a tipped ball a little behind Victor Cruz, and Brandon Browner grabbed it and went 90 yards the other way for a game-clinching TD. Oh yeah, those same Giants went on to win the Super Bowl a few weeks later. We out-smashmouthed the East Coast Giants on their turf and came away with the W.

Do you remember where you were when Browner picked that and started running the other way for the score? Just when we were all going, "10am East Coast game, here we go again...", BAM!! it all changes in an instant...

The New Orleans Beastquake victory was awesome, but I didn't feel it was an out-smackdown thing necessarily (Beastquake run itself aside), but a matter of Hasselbeck having a *brilliant* game and the whole team playing out of their minds to OUTSCORE the Saints.

So for me, the signature games showing the transition to becoming the Smackdown Seahawks (no more Sea-Sissies) were the Baltimore and NYG games late in the 2011 season.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
No Cowboys/Seahawks post is complete without the "Clip that will never get old". I bet I've watched some version of this play at least 100 times. I work with a Cowboys fan that visibly cringes every time I bring this play up.

[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

[youtube]ZZxkgGyg2AU[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's funny, that guy's rant on Youtube was pretty funny and epic. "get your shit together or your ass will be in Cleveland" was a classic line.

You want an interesting watch, watch Shango's preview of that same Dallas/Seattle game. He has a ton of salient points, great analysis, and he knew all the names and sizes of our Defense. He also gave Russell Wilson some props before a lot of us were giving him props. Overall, he's a pretty knowledgable fan and gave us the credit of being a very good team before most of the national mediots ever did.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shango's awesome, Hawks46. I agree. I've watched a fair amount of his other stuff since I first saw that reaction video. (Also, easy on the profanity; not all of what you quoted is legit for this part of the forum. ;))

scutterhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":yyc2n19u said:
CANHawk":yyc2n19u said:
Lol. Why can't cuzzin jurrah just blame the fact he has a shit team on the fact he's a shit gm that makes shit decisions..?

Can, you might want to tone it down a bit man, it isn't the shack after all lol
Yeah, no shit man :34853_tinfoil: