Jerry Jones still bothered by loss @ Seattle

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":11rpnyz6 said:
I remember him bringing up losing to us as one of the reasons he fired Ryan. I never understood it though. Did he not realize we were an 11-5 playoff team that went undefeated at home? Did he not also realize we beat the Patriots, Packers, Vikings and Niners here too?

The other thing about Jurrah and the boys. They keep firing DC's. The constant of GM Jerry, HC/OC Garret and QB Romo hasn't and the results continue to be the same.. ....
You gotta love it, Jones says "something's wrong, and I've hired and fired sooo many guys, but everyone 'cept me is just so inept"
He keeps doing the same stupid things over and over again, expecting different results.
You get what you pay for JJ.
He didn't take the "Gang Green Gang" into account at the Clink. :141847_bnono:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2d90dw3w said:
Shango's awesome, Hawks46. I agree. I've watched a fair amount of his other stuff since I first saw that reaction video. (Also, easy on the profanity; not all of what you quoted is legit for this part of the forum. ;))
This one is a must see! haha
[youtube]MNXGncNm9LM[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones probably saw Seattle on the schedule before the season and thought "W", and that feeling probably grew in confidence when Seattle lost to Arizona in week 1. It's a little bit like how I think some Seahawks fans are overlooking Carolina in week 1 next season. You won't find anyone who's higher on the Seahawks than me, I thought Seattle should have gone 13-3 last season and won a SB. But if Seattle drops the opener at Carolina I wouldn't be shocked. It's going to be a tough situation to get a win, but I don't think a lot of fans will see it that way and if Seattle loses there could be a meltdown around here.

I think for Jones, it was a similar kind of emotion when his team lost to Seattle, and lost badly. His team had just beat the Giants on the road in comfortable fashion the week before. So I totally get why it would stick in his craw for so long. Though you'd think he would have figured out by the end of the year that the Seahawks, especially in Seattle, were not the pushover he was expecting.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But if Seattle drops the opener at Carolina I wouldn't be shocked. It's going to be a tough situation to get a win, but I don't think a lot of fans will see it that way and if Seattle loses there could be a meltdown around here.
You better believe there would be a meltdown here. Now that said I wouldn't be shocked if we lost but I don't expect it because I think last year we were already erasing that 10am lose automatically stuff and I believe this year is the year the team goes to the big boy level and will have a legitimate chance to win every game they are in no matter what the start time is.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":29xef9vb said:
I think last year we were already erasing that 10am lose automatically stuff and I believe this year is the year the team goes to the big boy level and will have a legitimate chance to win every game they are in no matter what the start time is.

Definitely. Hell, we were in every game last year. Worst loss was by 7 points, @ S.F. I don't see that gap widening, or even being as big, this year; but, any given Sunday...

We'll see. I can't wait to find out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to admit I'd be very disturbed by a loss in Carolina.

Mainly, because we really don't 'know' what this Seahawks team is. We definitely made huge leaps last year. We think it's good. But this is a team that even hitting it's stride, struggled to beat a broken Chicago team and also struggled in a loss at Miami and at home against St. Louis. We struggled to beat the Redskins in the playoffs and were afforded a huge lift by a crippled Griffin. Then our inconsistency eventually caught up to us in Atlanta.

This is a team that to me is still searching for how to put teams away. And I think our defense, while good, leaves us uncomfortable if it's required to sit on leads.

We are a better team than the one that beat Carolina. Carolina is too -- that game was one of their worst. And truthfully, if Newton doesn't just throw a ball in the dirt at the feet of an open TE in the end zone, how would that have affected our outlook on this year.

This team to me still has a strong element of prove it to me. I saw the glimpse of what's possible. And we played good teams tough. Winning some and losing some. They're in a good spot. I can see the realistic potential of taking that next leap and seizing the division. A loss to Carolina would be difficult to accept given the expectations based purely on potential.

This team hasn't won anything yet. But it looks like it should now. A loss at Carolina would be equally as tough as a loss at Arizona. It means the team isn't quite there yet. Carolina is a good team. But they aren't a playoff caliber team. This is a team we *SHOULD* beat. And if we are considering this team as a team on the verge of winning division titles and competing for the SB, then these are contests you have to put away. A loss at Carolina is like 3 putting a hole. You can't have too many of those and expect to compete.

Beating Carolina is making par for a team that considers itself a conference title contender. A loss is a bogey.

CANHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16ac0dgo said:
OkieHawk":16ac0dgo said:
CANHawk":16ac0dgo said:
Lol. Why can't cuzzin jurrah just blame the fact he has a shit team on the fact he's a shit gm that makes shit decisions..?

Can, you might want to tone it down a bit man, it isn't the shack after all lol
Yeah, no shit man :34853_tinfoil:

What the shit? Are you guys my mom or something? Main forums are PG-13 as per the official rules and guidelines. Have you BEEN to a PG-13 movie? They say shit in PG-13 movies.

Try to tell ME what's up... Shitheads... ;)

Subzero717

Reaction score
CANHawk":35bcg8i3 said:
scutterhawk":35bcg8i3 said:
OkieHawk":35bcg8i3 said:
CANHawk said:
Lol. Why can't cuzzin jurrah just blame the fact he has a shit team on the fact he's a shit gm that makes shit decisions..?

What the shit? Are you guys my mom or something? Main forums are PG-13 as per the official rules and guidelines. Have you BEEN to a PG-13 movie? They say shit in PG-13 movies.

Adding head to the end of shit takes it to another level. You just can't say head after shit in a PG-13 forum.

CANHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2fstqcpm said:
OkieHawk":2fstqcpm said:
CANHawk":2fstqcpm said:

CALIHAWK1":2fstqcpm said:
CANHawk":2fstqcpm said:

Adding head to the end of shit takes it to another level. You just can't say head after shit in a PG-13 forum.

No actually, according to the ratings board you can actually say something like that once in a PG-13 movie. Anything more than that and you're bumped up to an R rating. So from here on in I will refer to them as Poopy Pants.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
In reality, the MPAA gives ratings based on how they want a film to do in the box office and to help friends or screw over people they don't like, and it has little to do with what's actually in the movie; which is why we've all seen plenty of rated R movies that are milder in every way than plenty of PG-13 movies we've seen. They're an autonomous private organization with no oversight, yet everyone treats them as an FDA-like entity. We should tell the MPAA to go to hell.

For instance, does anybody think The King's Speech really warrants an R rating? What a joke. It's a very mild movie overall. If you want to know more about it, just Google phrases like "mpaa ratings scandal", or whatever.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm expecting Carolina to be one of the toughest games of the year. It's going to be HOT.

xtm059

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is the new al davis.

I live in Albuquerque, and we are inundated on all sides with Cowboys fans.

So much that the last time the 49ers beat them, the article in the paper was about how admirably the cowboys performed in their loss. It's sad. All of the Cowboys fans I know are consistently upset about Jerry Jones. He's the problem now.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Re: That Carolina game

I remember how the 2005 Seahawks lost to Jacksonville at 10AM on the road to start the season, and I'm guessing 2012 Carolina will be a better team than 2005 Jacksonville, so no, I won't be surprised if they drop that game. Now losing there and then to SF at home, and I would have a meltdown.

Latest posts