Jets get the 10th Overall Pick

AubHawk71

Reaction score
And who, exactly, would be this miracle draft pick at #10 this year that would make any sort of difference? Or, what position exactly? Please explain. I don't see any changes at the major positions, so if you think a tackle or safety or whatever would be the one piece to SB glory...eh. Also, as mentioned, the team is better at developing talent than plugging in already talent.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Facts are facts and the fact is we probably have a better chance of buying a couple plugins for the line than we do of getting anything in the draft this year. Also, if we were going to hamstring our draft this sure was the year to do it, even though our pick would have been pretty high. This looks to me like the weakest draft pool I can remember.
Adams is a great player when he's on the field and if he's in a position he can make a play. I just don't think safety is the right spot for him.
Mostly I think we need to tweak our defensive scheme...majorly. If we can fix our O Line with money that side of the ball should be able to do what we need them to do.

JGreen79

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2d1bzlh6 said:
Spin Doctor":2d1bzlh6 said:
Jville":2d1bzlh6 said:
Spin Doctor":2d1bzlh6 said:
but it does matter.... It's going to and is going to significantly affect the Seahawks ability to build the roster in the future.

:177692: Relax ...........

The front office isn't hobbled by or limited to draft capital. It is resourceful in using all avenues. The late season performance of Jake Curhan is among the latest examples.
Yes it is. Stop fooling yourself, this is the 10th overall pick. The chance for Seattle to get truly game breaking talent. Pete Carroll himself even used the excuse once "but we haven't been picking in the top of the draft". Well, now we are and we used in on Jamal Adams, a player that has been truly underwhelming here. Two members of our Super Bowl team, Okung and Thomas were high draft picks.

I think you overestimate the depth of quality at the top of this draft.

Wasn't that the same story with the 2021 draft? Makes me almost wonder if Pete and John knew the 2 1st round picks they gave up were going to be in drafts that were pretty weak at the top.

TAB420

Reaction score
JGreen79":3p3uz7xx said:
UK_Seahawk":3p3uz7xx said:
Spin Doctor":3p3uz7xx said:
Jville":3p3uz7xx said:
:177692: Relax ...........

The front office isn't hobbled by or limited to draft capital. It is resourceful in using all avenues. The late season performance of Jake Curhan is among the latest examples.
Yes it is. Stop fooling yourself, this is the 10th overall pick. The chance for Seattle to get truly game breaking talent. Pete Carroll himself even used the excuse once "but we haven't been picking in the top of the draft". Well, now we are and we used in on Jamal Adams, a player that has been truly underwhelming here. Two members of our Super Bowl team, Okung and Thomas were high draft picks.

I think you overestimate the depth of quality at the top of this draft.

Wasn't that the same story with the 2021 draft? Makes me almost wonder if Pete and John knew the 2 1st round picks they gave up were going to be in drafts that were pretty weak at the top.
I've always thought this. With covid and all the college restrictions...absolutely.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Jamal has not helped this team win period. He has been mostly very poor in coverage with a few games that were exceptions. He had a lot of sacks after being blitzed a TON his first year. The problem with that is it stressed our D sending a safety all the time which is why they completely went away from that this year. Plus our D was horrible that year and not a whole lot better this year.
The idea that all these first round picks are worthless is absolute non-sense. I sure would love having T.J. Watt about right now and he was available at 30th over all. I was ticked when the Seahawks traded down and missed on him.

I believe Earl Tomas was pick 13 no? It was such a desperate win now mortgage the future move and I said exactly that when the trade went down.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
In general high profile players we have traded for have fared worse than or round 1-2 picks.

Sheldon Richardson
Percy Harvin
Jamal Adams
Jimmy Graham
Jadeveon Clowney

Duane Brown has been very solid.

I think we should lean on the draft/free agency even with its inherent risks.
Free agent tackles tend to get a lot of money and don’t fare that well. It’s not a position you want to get cute with. Kind of what the Seahawks did with the Cb position this year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
TAB420":3e936lkd said:
JPatera76":3e936lkd said:
Adams is a good person., but not a good safety.

I personally feel our defense looked better this year and last year.. sadly once he went down with season ending injuries
Three straight trips to the Pro Bowl, and that whole NFL Record For Sacks By A Safety thing may beg the differ. Look, I get it. But I find myself wondering how the LOB would do under this DC.
The sack record is a poor way to judge Jamal Adams. He blitzed more than any safety in the league and he got home on a very small percentage of his blitzes. Having 9 sacks as a safety means that you're moving the player out of coverage and leaving a hole. In addition to this, Jamal Adams didn't fare so well this season when he rushed.

Jamal Adams has struggled in coverage with the Seahawks as well. He got burned quite a bit and in some cases he was a liability. He was essentially a glorified linebacker playing safety for us the last two years.

Was he good in NY? Absolutely, has he been good with Seattle? No. In fact, I'd argue that his backup was playing better football than Jamal Adams.

This has been a case of Seattle trying to pigeon hole a player into our system that clearly doesn't fit well. Carroll even stated in a press conference "we're still trying to figure out how to use him". That is negligence, you traded two firsts for a player that you had no idea how to integrate or use?

It was a bad trade all around and a bad contract. This trade reeked of desperation and it will go down as one of the worst trades in Seahawk history. We gave up franchise QB levels of capital for an inbox strong safety. Think about that for a moment. This is the type of move that gets FO's fired and for the life of me I don't understand why we don't pull Carroll's GM authority after this bungled trade.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Got a couple really good FA's, they'll contribute a lot sooner than whatever player the Hawks would have chosen at #10.
They have a lot of cap room, the cap is also going up. Does it suck to not have a 1st round pick? Yes. But it's not going to change. Make up for it in Free Agency.

A-Dog

Reaction score
This topic (the trade) is so toxic that it literally makes me want to stop being a fan. It's the level of toxicity that has "fans" rooting against their own team's players for the sake of wanting their prior convictions validated. Anything good that he does is minimized (sack record was only because he was blitzed a lot), anything bad he does is overblown (he got beat by an all-world TE which makes him a "liability" in coverage), and everything in the middle (was that blown coverage Adams' fault or the CB's fault?) is automatically blamed on Adams.

Coming in to Seattle, dude had as good of a track record as any player to ever join the program. I really hope people can get over the trade or at least stfu about it after this draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even if he balls out in 2022, people will whine and moan about him every single day.

It's just the way it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A-Dog":2mvtmn3i said:
This topic (the trade) is so toxic that it literally makes me want to stop being a fan. It's the level of toxicity that has "fans" rooting against their own team's players for the sake of wanting their prior convictions validated. Anything good that he does is minimized (sack record was only because he was blitzed a lot), anything bad he does is overblown (he got beat by an all-world TE which makes him a "liability" in coverage), and everything in the middle (was that blown coverage Adams' fault or the CB's fault?) is automatically blamed on Adams.

Coming in to Seattle, dude had as good of a track record as any player to ever join the program. I really hope people can get over the trade or at least stfu about it after this draft.

I can go on record as having been 100% for the Adams trade at the time, AND now be disappointed and angry that we gave up two first rounders after seeing how poorly he's played and is now going to be an injury liability each season.

It can totally be both. We don't have to be one or the other.

TCHawks

Reaction score
Agreed. I assumed he would be all pro here like he was with the Jets but he hasn't been anywhere near that. Greg Williams and others said this would probably happen and I and other Seahawks fans laughed at it but sadly they were right. I'm not smart enough to know what the deal is but he isn't being used properly as he didn't forget how to play in his prime. I blame the staff for this. Hoping for a new D coridinator to fix this and prioritize this

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I believe the Seahawks altered his role in the defense to try to protect his shoulder.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If this situation were summarized in the gametracker live win percentage, our win probability on this trade is about, I dunno, 9% chance of winning?

Obviously I'm waiting to see what's happening in the off-season, the only thing that makes this trade successful is if next year we completely 100% figure out how to use Adams in our defense and he becomes Troy Palomalu 2.0, that's it.

I wouldn't be crushed if we took our lumps and traded him at a loss either.

Edit: I would probably trade him, his body is not going to hold up like Troy's did, I feel he has the same talent though.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29m6x7r2 said:
It truly does feel like they can't decide what to do with him. Kind of ridiculous.

It's not so much that they can't decide what to do with him, but more a case of trying to cover the massive hole that was the CB position early on. Same thing happened to Dunlap. Coverage was such a liability the only option to mitigate it even a little bit was to be super passive. Dunlap was ineffective and/or had low snap counts because he was playing out of position. The D front as a whole was asked to do things they normally wouldn't or at least not as often. Then you run into not having the personnel ideally to execute the changes. Once the season starts, there's no time worry about why or how you have a giant hole like the CB position. You have to do whatever it takes to plug that hole the best you can. Fans have the luxury of bitching about the why, players and coaches don't until the season is over

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":2nfyf8b8 said:
Doesn't matter. Old history.

Happy about today's performance. :2thumbs:

Off topic. Take it somewhere else and move along!