Johnathon Taylor - Absolutely Ridiculous

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ya. Needs be damned. This dude will be special. He reminds me of Eric Dickerson, but more physical.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Niners will take him, watch. And he'll &%ck us up for 734 years just like Frank Gore did.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Checking the boxes?
Here's where we're at.
#1 running back: injured/rehab
#2 running back: injured/rehab
#3 running back: undersized. Better fit for slot.
We're a team RELIANT on being able to run the ball. Being able to run the ball is what makes our passing game as lethal as it is.
Safety is not our top priority. Nor is WR, LB, or TE. IF you want to gamble with later round pick those are the positions we can afford to do that. We have to find TALENT for RB, Rush, OT, and DT.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
NICE Kitsap! You're on it pard.
Love the guy and the clip. No matter how they tried to steer it he always brought it back to Seahawks. Hope we can get him but I know several other teams have kicked those tires, and some pundits putting out mocks have him gone before we get to party.

Thanks again for the great first clip Ivo. I could watch that all day.

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":35bb148t said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1252372320108216321[/tweet]

Most RB's would love it here, they have a chance to touch the ball almost 50 percent of the time and have good stats, good stats means good contracts.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
The best team is usually the team that has coaching staff AND the best talent across the board. The purpose of the draft in a league built for turnover is to improve talent level at positions of need. Draft picks offer the opportunity to do that at a very affordable price. You get a guy for 2 yrs for very low price. 2 yrs is half the average NFL career.
I do not buy all the arguments that drafting for need is a poor practice or one lacking in value. Ignoring talent at a position of need is a cutesy move that can result in you ceding a portion of the playing field to the opposition just because you overlooked an opportunity to enhance talent for an obvious problem. We had an obvious problem last year that caused out linebackers to essentially try to play 3 positions in an effort to cover for our defensive deficiency. On offense, at the most critical time of the season, we got down to Homer (who I happen to like) and had to bring Lynch out of retirement trying to bandage a gaping wound. Homer produced a relatively Herculean effort, but simply was not made for that role.
We have at our disposal 7 picks in this draft. Just as there is a large gap between 27 and 56, there will likely be a similar gap in talent level.
Pick your poison, but make your pick using soundest reasoning at your disposal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
You are correct in reference to the defense. That said it seems way more logical to fix that first. If we are down double digits at halftime it doesnt matter who our RB is. Our defense sucks and there will be a bunch of DTs, CBs, etc available.

Drafting a RB in this first rd is bad business practice. Most teams dont do it and for good reason. Because of that in many cases you can still get say the 3rd or 4th best RB in 4.

Why is no one talking about the fact Taylor fumbked in almost half the games he played in?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Subzero717":tuoyty72 said:
You are correct in reference to the defense. That said it seems way more logical to fix that first. If we are down double digits at halftime it doesnt matter who our RB is. Our defense sucks and there will be a bunch of DTs, CBs, etc available.

Drafting a RB in this first rd is bad business practice. Most teams dont do it and for good reason. Because of that in many cases you can still get say the 3rd or 4th best RB in 4.

Why is no one talking about the fact Taylor fumbked in almost half the games he played in?

Not yo mention this is a deeper than normal OT class and there us a need which is going to be a crisis if ut isnt addressed soon.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't argue against bolstering our defense. That is critical. I WOULD argue that we've already taken steps to do exactly that, and with considerable success. Same MIGHT be said of our O Line. That makes our RB situation even higher on the critical list. There is more quality draft depth at DT than there is at RB, and the rate at which teams around the league were active in FA at that position indicates that depth may well put us in later round position to get one of our targets. I don't think the same is true at the RB position, especially when you consider the 'fit' equation.

With regard to Taylor fumbling being a major problem...fumbling is always to be considered a problem. But given his carry load, and compared to successful NFL backs I don't see that his fumble rate is one that can't be coached up any more than it was for Carson. Compare Taylor's TD rate to that of his fumble rate. Same for Carson. Fit is a factor high our our list of tangibles. Taylor checks all the best boxes. Get him if you can. Quality over sale bin "Value"!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I guess we can agree to disagree.

Id hardly say that Carson fixed his fumble issues. Which makes ut all the more concerning that he would be coming to a place where we arent able to correct that specific problem. He also never really got much better with it in his time at Wisc.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’m certainly not against taking a chance on this kid if he’s still available when ever we pick however take a good long look at that highlight package. Did you notice how far passed the los he was on each play before the first defender even had a chance to lay a finger on him? Sure He looks terrific behind an over powering offensive line. There is no telling how he would be having to dodge an NFL DT before he receives the handoffs.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Taylor is really the only player left that fits what we need and has the chops worthy of the 27th pick. There's only like 3 Edge rushers that are any good and available and there all 2nd round players . OL I doubt we burn a pick on one at 27 there's a couple LB 's available that could help us but really most of what's left aren't first round players. Taylor maybe Raekwon Davis as our Chandler Jones i'd be fine with Davis or Taylor .

A-Dog

Reaction score
The fumbling issues should not be dismissed. Pete's whole approach to winning is built on a foundation of protecting the football. Unless Carson improves dramatically in this area I doubt he gets re-signed to a big contract.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
please please please please please please please please please please please please

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Appyhawk":251447en said:
TD Wire has Taylor off the board at 49 to the Steelers, for what that's worth. I'll be surprised if he lasts that long.
They have us getting 2 DL and 1 OT with our 2nd and 3rd rnd picks. Not bad picks, but no RB.
Just no RB after round two, the drop in talent is really deep.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Lifelong Seahawk fan living born and raised in Iowa, Ive watched Taylor slash our Hawkeyes and Big 10 for years. Kid is a beast. High character kid as well along with him just gushing over playing for Seattle in interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk