2 48 EDGE Darrell Taylor Undecided
3 69 G Damien Lewis Looking like an A
4 133 TE Colby Parkinson Undecided
4 144 RB DeeJay Dallas Looks to be serviceable
5 148 DE Alton Robinson Looks to be serviceable
6 214 WR Freddie Swain Looks to be serviceable
7 251 TE Stephen Sullivan Undecided

So far not too bad a rookie class

I agree with all of this. Pretty dam good. And the post above. Draft is a crap shoot. You choose players that fit...no matter where...not by analyst draft status.

Need those draft picks from Detroit though, we suck at drafting.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Brooks is a machine. Who knows what the plan for him is, but he very well could be the starting ILB next year. All I know is since he's been in the starting lineup, him and KJ have been the best starting LBs.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2rwovh2n said:
Brooks is a machine. Who knows what the plan for him is, but he very well could be the starting ILB next year. All I know is since he's been in the starting lineup, him and KJ have been the best starting LBs.

Eh...what you are missing is bobby being involved heavily as well. Bobby is very close to the play, every single play even if he doesnt make it. Sometimes it just depends on the position you are coming from. Even in this highlight posted. Look where bobby is...took on the 1st blocker out of the back field that's freed up the runner for brooks and Adam's to get to. That blocker happened to be a pulling lineman.

I'm going to say they are all pretty great and even greater together.

TraderGary

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1tsicnls said:
AlciG":1tsicnls said:
1 27 LB Jordyn Brooks Looking like an A
2 48 EDGE Darrell Taylor Undecided
3 69 G Damien Lewis Looking like an A
4 133 TE Colby Parkinson Undecided
4 144 RB DeeJay Dallas Looks to be serviceable
5 148 DE Alton Robinson Looks to be serviceable
6 214 WR Freddie Swain Looks to be serviceable
7 251 TE Stephen Sullivan Undecided

So far not too bad a rookie class

I agree with all of this. Pretty dam good. And the post above. Draft is a crap shoot. You choose players that fit...no matter where...not by analyst draft status.
I pretty much agree with all but Alton Robinson. I think for a 5th rounder, Robinson has performed above expectations in very limited playing time. I would have liked to see him on the field more, particularly when we were struggling with our pass rush early in the season before we got Dunlap. I also think he will be a regular part of the rotation next year. I would give that pick at minimum a solid B based on where we picked him.

Damien Lewis gets an A++ from me. I think he's going to be a perennial pro-bowler, if not all-pro. To get someone like that in the 3rd round is an absolute steal. He's already a stud in his rookie year.

If Darrell Taylor can get and stay healthy and turns out to be everything the coaches claim he is, that's another solid A, and a first round value. But I agree until then, it's an undecided. But for arguments sake, IF he does pan out, that's 3 home runs in our first 3 picks, with at minimum some solid contributors from the rest of the class. Can't ask for anything more than that.

getnasty

Reaction score
Brooks and i would say all 3 linebackers have been playing lights out of late. Definitely i little swagger to them right now.

jmahon316

Reaction score
For those who didn't see it, here's a better angle with end zone view. Absolutely beautiful.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rileymichel/status/1346181583070404608[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But hey, at least Kittle and the Santa Clara Finger Poser/Taunting crew got those in. Because that's more important than WINNING.

Polk738

Reaction score
Dave Wyman did a great breakdown of that play too on his football 101

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They interviewed Brooks and asked him about the play, he pretty much said, “well, he was in my way.” The way he said it was priceless.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2eozorir said:
They interviewed Brooks and asked him about the play, he pretty much said, “well, he was in my way.” The way he said it was priceless.
:lol: :lol: I love that!