JS: "I never actively negotiated with anybody" re: RW trade

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22t85740 said:
I've already illustrated that's why the Bucs won last year. Yep, Brady played great in the playoffs, but he was sporatic throughout the regular season, even was called washed up after the first 6-7 games by most football pundits.

Come on. He just came to a new team with a new coach and new players. Once Brady started to gel, the Buccaneers started to gel.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You guys really want to make this conversation interesting, let me ask you a question.

Would you trade Russell for Rodgers straight up?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1hdl04fw said:
Sgt. Largent":1hdl04fw said:
Rat":1hdl04fw said:
Oh good, Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay, so people might stop caring about Russ.

Both Rodgers and Wilson are jealous of what Brady just did, demand out and go to a ready made SB contender.

Problem is both QB's have 2-3 years left on their deal at a great price, so neither is going anywhere.

Some would say Aaron Rodgers future with the Packers is.................................in Jeopardy..............

Tenor

My exact feelings when it came to Russ's comments

They werent jealous of what he did, they were jealous of what he had. They also see their respected franchises failing to give them want they need (so much so Wilson went public with it). Both QBs have taken their teams as far as they can without changes being made.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zjnre0mf said:
You guys really want to make this conversation interesting, let me ask you a question.

No, the QB position isnt the problem.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1b2s7j5c said:
hoxrox":1b2s7j5c said:
To me, Russell has more to prove than Pete does. Pete delivered Seattle its one and only SB championship, in a dominating fashion, using their formula. Russ has yet to “carry the team” without the BOOM or the BEAST.

And the coaches don't expect him to. Fans who do expect Russ to "carry the team" and are adamant that is the only way, will continue to be disappointed.

Russ has yet to carry the team without the Boom or the Beast? Thats all he's been doing since then, and he has incompetent games plans and poor coaching to overcome while doing so.

exactly still waiting for someone to show me a Sb winning QB who did not also have either a great run game or great defense or both. Lord Brady has never done it. Also waiitng for someone to tell me which odds are greater

a team with a great Qb winning with a either great defense or run game
A team Winning an SB with a great defense and run game but not great Qb

so lets look at the last 20 years

2021--Brady
2020 Mahomes
2019 Brady
2018 Foles okay maybe Philly had a top 10 offense with top 10 run game, 19th ranked defense An anomaly on all levels except run game
2017 Brady
2016 Manning
2015 Brady
2014 Wilson
2013 Flaco
2012 Manning (eli)
2011 Rodgers
2010 Brees
2009 Rothesburger
2008 Manning Eli
2007 Manning
2006 Rothesburger
2005 Brady
2004 Brady
2003 Johnson the poster child for the avg QB winning with great defense and run game
2002 Brady
2001 Dilfer the first poster child

So lets see out of 21 SB winners

we have

2 with no doubt avg at best Qbs
1 with a avg to above avg Qb
2 with above avg to great QBs
16 with great QBs

So now the odds
.09% with no doubt avg at best
.05% with avg to above avg
.09% with above avg to great
76% with great Qb

Hmm seems like a no brainer to me

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2kqvzkt7 said:
HawkRiderFan":2kqvzkt7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2kqvzkt7 said:
Rat":2kqvzkt7 said:
Oh good, Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay, so people might stop caring about Russ.

Both Rodgers and Wilson are jealous of what Brady just did, demand out and go to a ready made SB contender.

Problem is both QB's have 2-3 years left on their deal at a great price, so neither is going anywhere.

Some would say Aaron Rodgers future with the Packers is.................................in Jeopardy..............

Tenor

They werent jealous of what he did, they were jealous of what he had. They also see their respected franchises failing to give them want they need (so much so Wilson went public with it). Both QBs have taken their teams as far as they can without changes being made.

It's weird that fans like you and players like Russell think they know better than their successful winning front offices that have put in thousands of hours of scouting, player evaluation and development histories...........meanwhile Russell's getting slime dumped on him at the Nick at Night Awards and taking corny beach pics in Cancun wearing his dad sneakers, and thinks he knows how to run the team better than his coaches, GM and roster building scouts.

Yep, Brady wanted a new deal and more control of the offense, and Belichick said no. So he negotiated his release so he could go to a team much better positioned to win right away and give him more control...........because they were desperate coming off the worst QB pick in recent history.

Good for Tom, but that's no blueprint for Russell to emulate or demand.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":332y8dqo said:
Sgt. Largent":332y8dqo said:

No, the QB position isnt the problem.

Exactly. plus lets look at it

Rodgers career year avg, current age 37 and has missed 9 games I removed his first 3 years as he really did not play

64.1 complt
3918 yp year
31 tds per year
6.2 td %
103.5 Qb rating
251 Rushing yard per year avg
2 rushing tds on avg per year

total Tds oer year 33
Total yards per year 4169 yards

Wilson career year avg current age 32 and has missed 0 games
65.1 complt %
3771 yards per year
30 tds per year
6.2 td%
101.7 qb rating
500 rushig yards on avg per year
2 rushing tds per year

total yards 4271
total tds 32

So for the most part they are pretty close, except Rodgers has had an offense tailored for him since day 1, is 5 years older and has caused numerous problems in GB.

So NO I would not make that trade.

CPHawk

Reaction score
One trade I could live with. Wilson for Rodgers.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tixj39b said:
pittpnthrs":2tixj39b said:
HawkRiderFan":2tixj39b said:
Sgt. Largent":2tixj39b said:

Tenor

It's weird that fans like you and players like Russell think they know better than their successful winning front offices that have put in thousands of hours of scouting, player evaluation and development histories...........meanwhile Russell's getting slime dumped on him at the Nick at Night Awards and taking corny beach pics in Cancun wearing his dad sneakers, and thinks he knows how to run the team better than his coaches, GM and roster building scouts.

Yep, Brady wanted a new deal and more control of the offense, and Belichick said no. So he negotiated his release so he could go to a team much better positioned to win right away and give him more control...........because they were desperate coming off the worst QB pick in recent history.

Its weirder when so-called fans like you think you know anything. You have ZERO proof Wilson was trying to emulate anything, yuo are just doing what the media did making something out of nothing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":klumjjel said:

Only reason I wouldn't make the trade is Rodgers is 38, and Russell's what, 33? Five years is a lot to give up on a franchise caliber elite QB.

Other than that if all things are equal I'd make this trade in a heartbeat. Rodgers is the most complete QB in the league, can make all the throws and is just as clutch as Russell.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1k2wtesv said:

In a hypothetical scenario where we knew Russ was going to retire in two years? Yeah, I'd do that.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t3l6xn3 said:
John63":1t3l6xn3 said:

Only reason I wouldn't make the trade is Rodgers is 38, and Russell's what, 33? Five years is a lot to give up on a franchise caliber elite QB.

Other than that if all things are equal I'd make this trade in a heartbeat. Rodgers is the most complete QB in the league, can make all the throws and is just as clutch as Russell.

Opinions vary, all that said you would not make it so you blew your own premise

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1sa8pcdn said:
Sgt. Largent":1sa8pcdn said:
John63":1sa8pcdn said:
hoxrox":1sa8pcdn said:
Great post.

Pete and JS are not dummies. Maybe they haven’t had a ton of success drafting lately, nor are they perfect, but they understand football. And a winning formula in order to have sustained success in this league (despite having subpar/above average rosters in recent years).

The Chip Kelleys and fantasy football players of the world, want to put all their SB hopes and dreams on an up-tempo, high-flying offense, and Russell cooking all the meals, but then you face a good defense, who can make you one-dimensional, and you get smacked in the mouth.

Ask the MVP Rodgers, ask Mahomes. Ask Peyton Manning’s #1 offense… and when Elway's Broncos finally won the SB? It was because of their defense. They took a page out of Pete's book.

To me, Russell has more to prove than Pete does. Pete delivered Seattle its one and only SB championship, in a dominating fashion, using their formula. Russ has yet to “carry the team” without the BOOM or the BEAST.

And the coaches don't expect him to. Fans who do expect Russ to "carry the team" and are adamant that is the only way, will continue to be disappointed.

Balance is sustainable and adaptable. Hero ball is not. The coaches understand this. How they implement and execute their vision is another matter.

The problem is PC did not deliver anything by himself. He had a season with a top ranked run game and defense and went 7-9. When he got Wilson well history is what it is. To me PC has more to prove as historically in his NFL career he has never really had great season without a TOP QB. His record without a top QB is sub 500, his record with a top QB is over 600. His record in Seattle without Wilson and with a great defense and run game sub 500. With top run game, and defense over 600, without top run game and defense but with top QB over 500. Its nice you mentioned those Qbs do you really think those tams win their SB without those Qb and instead an avg one? NO. The reality is this A great defense and run game is great but will not get you to the Sb or even in the playoff consistently. A great QB can get you to the playoffs consistently but more often than not will not win an SB alone. You need a combination. But in the end it still all starts with the QB, as a great QB always gives you a chance a great run game and or defense does not. So yes his post is great if you are naive and don't understand the game. I know Wilson alone cannot win an SB, but I also know he can keep us relevant and more often than not get us in the playoffs. I also know a great defense alone will not even get us to the playoffs, nor will a great run game alone. You need a combination and 1 part of that which is constant is the QB. PC knows that because if they did not they would not have resigned Wilson multiple times. IF they thought they could just build a great defense and run game and win they would have., They know they need that great QB. Why because they had the great defense and run game and went 7-9. Sorry but the facts are the facts.

We won a SB and was within a yard of winning another because of a great run game and defense.

I've already illustrated that's why the Bucs won last year. Yep, Brady played great in the playoffs, but he was sporatic throughout the regular season, even was called washed up after the first 6-7 games by most football pundits.

No one's saying Russell's not important to this team. He's obviously very important, as is every other QB in the league to their franchise.

But to say defense doesn't win, or a great run game is short sighted and flat out wrong. You keep trying to swim away from balance and put it on Russell........and that's just not how the game works. You need to be great in all facets to win consistently, and what's failed this team over the past 7-8 years is not the lack of more Russell, it's the defense coming back down to earth and being bad to mediocre.

IF you really believe that Wilson and the pass game had no impact on us winning the SB, or we get to and win without it and him than you are truly hopeless, and I am sorry for you and done with you.

They maintained and pulled away, but Smith TD, Kick off return TD, Broken will of the Broncos by the defense before the first quarter was even over won that Super Bowl.

Now if you want to argue how we got there the defense was still a dominant aspect but there is much more that contributed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":al5zdczw said:
Sgt. Largent":al5zdczw said:
John63":al5zdczw said:

Opinions vary, all that said you would not make it so you blew your own premise

That's how questions work in forums, you ask the question and let other people answer. Your own answer is frankly unimportant.

Tomorrow I shall explain how yellow and blue make green.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3w4l5f2z said:
CPHawk":3w4l5f2z said:

I feel so sorry for you

You could just as easily cringe obsess over him as a new Packer fan. Not that you're a fan of any "team" anyway.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k27zshu3 said:

Lol. Take me out of the equation as like you, I am just a fan that comments on what he see's and reads. Russ on the other hand is the guy out there living it. He above anybody should know the shortcomings of the team and organization. The success of that front office is due more to Russ than the moves they have been making lately. As for Wilson attending a Nick At Night Awards or taking a vacation in Cancun,,,,,good lord, arent people allowed to have a personal life? I'm not sure where your even coming from by bringing it up.

That blueprint worked just fine for Brady so why shouldnt Russ or anybody else try to emulate it? Yeah, it might not work out for them, but their current paths sure arent working out either.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":20hj68gk said:
John63":20hj68gk said:
CPHawk":20hj68gk said:

I feel so sorry for you

You could just as easily cringe obsess over him as a new Packer fan. Not that you're a fan of any "team" anyway.

LOl yeah of course I am not, I mean you know me so well, oh wait you don't know me at all, you are just making assumptions based on the limited information you have which is less than 1 % of who I am, but dont let that stop you from acting like you know me. Contrary to your belief you can be a fan of a player and of a team. I really like Juliio Jones, and I root for him to do well unless he faces the hawks. I really like Henry and root for him unless he faces us. I really Like Wilson and root him too, and if he ever leaves I will continue to unless he faces us. Contrary t your narrow view you can be a fan of a player and a team and if those 2 things happen to be the same you can also feel the player is instrumental to the team's success.

I have more to say but why, after all you know me so well....NOT

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I loved it when Pete said RW wasn’t the only person frustrated! RW can present himself as the person who wants to win the most & who works the hardest in the NFL or in the Seahawk organization, that’s ridiculous border line insanity with all of RW’s extra activities. I’m not saying RW isn’t doing enough or suggesting his mentality isn’t good enough, it’s just so arrogant & insulting to everyone else in the NFL, thus proving Bennett, Sherman, etc... right who hated RW & called BS on QB pay.

Again this dust up should’ve taught RW a good lesson and I can’t wait for him to tow the line in his future press conference which will crush the lying media & Carroll haters. Carroll haters should know they’re in big trouble because DE Darrell Taylor is healthy, Poona is legit, and Seattle has lots of flexibility to create cap space for acquisitions thru Oct 2021, they will definitely be the joke of the world if Aldon Smith doesn’t get suspended for assaulting the guy who abused his sister.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3dfjiroe said:
Wow. Pete just said that he always felt Russ is at his best when getting the ball out quickly, and him and Waldron want to emphasize that rhythm aspect to his game while keeping the extended and play action shots.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1387493050801434624[/tweet]

But the response was to a question involving protection.

Sounds like they understand what the real issue is.

Yes and it also sounds as if Pete and JS won't be bringing in any talented offensive lineman who are capable pass protectors. They are going to stay with the guys we have and give Russ some quick reads instead. At least he's adjusting play to the players he actually has.