Just Forget This One

W

Welshers

We need to just move on from this one and have a short memory. Be happy we are going into the bye at 6-4 leading the division no matter what else happens.

It was a brutal 6:00 AM pacific start in a time zone 9 hours away. Just reeled off 4 straight yes we had a dissapointing game. I'm already seeing all the doomers already saying Geno sucks and it's a rebuilding year again.

No, the season is not over. Tampa is a playoff team and we made a game of it at the end after being lethargic all game. This team always bounces back. After our showing against the Saints I remember most of us (me included) thinking this season was over.

It's OK to lose one to the GOAT. Yes there is a lot to clean up but don't get too down on the team going into the bye. We come back against the losing record Radiers at home with a chance to get to 7-4.

Short memory. Move on.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

We came out flat in every phase save special teams. Offense, defense, both lines, coaching. It happens. On to the bye week.
Yep. I don't think it necessarily speaks to the quality of our team as a whole. We played terribly but that was not the team we've seen out there recently. We know we can be 100x better and so we should give the team a break before saying they are done.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think the time difference is negligible but, I agree with everything else you said.

Tom Brady has beat a lot of teams.

On to next week!!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Seattle really learned a lot from this game, and I think it will help them long term. OL needs more push, and damn, don’t run the ball up the gut on a team with a 350 lb monster DT. Use space and allow your best players a chance to make a play. And for god sakes, get a 3rd and 4th WR evolved to keep the defense honest.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Well, I don't want them to completely forget this one. I want Shane and Pete to competely and full throw out this offensive game plan going forward.

We did the exact opposite of what has been our winning formula AGAIN and the results were exactly what we should expect. Finally, in the second half, we get our butt in gear and only a weird play/play call that led to a Geno Smith fumble prevented us from being in position to win this game STILL after pissing away the entire first half.

Scout

Reaction score
Seattle really learned a lot from this game, and I think it will help them long term. OL needs more push, and damn, don’t run the ball up the gut on a team with a 350 lb monster DT. Use space and allow your best players a chance to make a play. And for god sakes, get a 3rd and 4th WR evolved to keep the defense honest.
Yeah you have to adjust the game plan when Vea and Hicks are in there.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Totally agree. Rough first half and went to the RB screens and dump-offs too late. Lines got pushed around a bit... but this is a good "growth" game for the youngsters. I'll be very excited to see how the team comes back from this one.

I particularly love that Brady got shut out from grabbing a reception, once again. LOL

Polk738

Reaction score
Well, I don't want them to completely forget this one. I want Shane and Pete to competely and full throw out this offensive game plan going forward.

We did the exact opposite of what has been our winning formula AGAIN and the results were exactly what we should expect. Finally, in the second half, we get our butt in gear and only a weird play/play call that led to a Geno Smith fumble prevented us from being in position to win this game STILL after pissing away the entire first half.
100% agree, if K9 is having problems with traction on the field then WTF do you think Geno Smith is going to do? You could tell they were just having problems ALL game with running the football, can't go up the middle because of Vita Vea, can't do outside runs because of the shitty field and K9 can't get up to speed, he fell easily short of first down yardage a few times I noticed, TBs linebackers I think are just too fast for what Seattle wanted to do, and they waited too long to try and get the TEs involved in the quick passing game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
defense is still suspect, can't tackle, can't stop the run, can't get pressure on the QB. Giving Geno a pass. he looked awful, but it's how you respond that counts. gotta come back and play solid after the bye.

Scout

Reaction score
100% agree, if K9 is having problems with traction on the field then WTF do you think Geno Smith is going to do? You could tell they were just having problems ALL game with running the football, can't go up the middle because of Vita Vea, can't do outside runs because of the shitty field and K9 can't get up to speed, he fell easily short of first down yardage a few times I noticed, TBs linebackers I think are just too fast for what Seattle wanted to do, and they waited too long to try and get the TEs involved in the quick passing game.
Right because running against L. David, Vea, Hicks and White is not going to work. Too much speed and strength up the gut.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I just don't understand why what we were doing was what Seattle wanted to do. We are bad at it.

We are a pass first offense. All the stats show our running game relies on the passing game but we are very successful at passing in early/neutral situations.

Overall, we have been consistent in passing often in those situations, so generally speaking Pete and Shane seem to KNOW this is what makes us successful but every 2 or 3 games we seem to start the game playing in just this exact same way and everyone goes 'why does our offense looks so disjointed?'

Because we are doing what we suck at for no apparent reason.

renofox

Reaction score
I just don't understand why what we were doing was what Seattle wanted to do. We are bad at it.

We are a pass first offense. All the stats show our running game relies on the passing game but we are very successful at passing in early/neutral situations.

Overall, we have been consistent in passing often in those situations, so generally speaking Pete and Shane seem to KNOW this is what makes us successful but every 2 or 3 games we seem to start the game playing in just this exact same way and everyone goes 'why does our offense looks so disjointed?'

Because we are doing what we suck at for no apparent reason.
Yes. As soon as we got away from early-down runs, the offense started to move the ball and score.

The strength of the Bucs D is the interior DL. Every analyst said it, every article talked about it. GAMEPLAN - "Let's beat them with the interior run game". BRILLIANT!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You know, the worst part about this is how bad Tampa will look next week again. This was their Superbowl of the regular season because there was just too much at stake for Mr. 3-0's (Now 4-0) international record and team playoff hopes.

Scout

Reaction score
You know, the worst part about this is how bad Tampa will look next week again. This was their Superbowl of the regular season because there was just too much at stake for Mr. 3-0's (Now 4-0) international record and team playoff hopes.

The Bucs are on their bye as well so I guess this helps them regroup for the 2nd half of the season.

nwHawk

Reaction score
like it or not the field conditions favored the Bucs. Walker and his jitterbug feet would have feasted on turf. But the game slowed down, Lockett and Goodwin were neutralized and DK was ho hum.

Latest posts