Just Saying...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are people saying that the Hawks can't beat the Packers? Sure sounds like it.
Tough matchup w/out a doubt. But like any team in the playoffs, they are beatable.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ivotuk":3fsm4iiq said:
Packers have had a fairly easy schedule.

Seattle on the other hand has played against the Top Defenses in the NFL!

We will smoke Rodgers at home, so get ready for those "Angry Aron" screen shots.

I wish that I had your confidence. However, we traditionally have not played well in Green Bay. I would love to be surprised this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1a4dwe94 said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

No fans there, so really what does it matter?

It's not so much losing the HFA, it's not getting the #1 seed and a bye to get healthy and strong.

You are correct, this year HFA doesn't mean much with the #1 vs #2 seeds. But not having the bye and having to possibly travel twice if we're the #3 seed because we lost to the Giants? Yeah, that's being pissed off worthy.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":1mkb8xej said:
If we end up having to go to Lambeau Field to take on the 2020 MVP Rodgers and the Packers in mid January all because we lost to the FREAKIN' GIANTS I'm gonna be pissed.

:p

Someone is going to knock off the Packers before Seattle gets to Greenbay

LTH

rjdriver

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3oemlmiy said:
Yeah, the Pack has beaten maybe 2 teams with a winning record.
I don't doubt they are a good team. But, the NFC is wide open imo.

They just kicked the crap out of a good team that is built to win in the playoffs. We all know momentum going into the playoffs is paramount...(us in 2012). The Packers will have that assuming they take care of the Bears.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3340yqc4 said:
Uncle Si":3340yqc4 said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

No fans there, so really what does it matter?

It's not so much losing the HFA, it's not getting the #1 seed and a bye to get healthy and strong.

You are correct, this year HFA doesn't mean much with the #1 vs #2 seeds. But not having the bye and having to possibly travel twice if we're the #3 seed because we lost to the Giants? Yeah, that's being pissed off worthy.

Fair enough

renofox

Reaction score
Don't forget that home game offers the advantage of no travel. One more practice day (not traveling day) and back home in bed that night instead of taking a plane home and getting back at 04:30 or whenever.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
I'm going to stay positive:

If the Packers get the number 1 seed, it's very likely they'll have to play the Bucs in the divisional. The Bucs are the team best equipped to upset the Packers and they know it.

If we do have to go to Green Bay and the weather is bad, that will at least slow their pass rush down and give Russ time to throw.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kdynr0u said:
I work with a huge GB fan, and he flat out already has said "I don't want them playing Seattle, not with THAT quarterback, running game and how the defense is playing"
I suspect plenty of other fanbases wouldn't exactly be too stoked to play Seattle.
Again, it's the playoffs. You don't get to pick and choose who you play. And IF you're already hoping you play x team, because that's an easier path? Kind of a losing mentality. I have zero doubt the Hawks couldn't give a rats butt who they play in the playoffs.

Nobody wants to play Seattle... not even Seattle... well maybe Seattle LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LTH

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Um, if we're playing football in mid January, I'm gonna be thrilled.

Our record is pretty accurate. Maybe a shade rosier than we should expect. Most close games tended to go our way, save the @ARI game. Otherwise we tended to get the game winning breaks more than we should have rightly expected.

This team is rounding into the kind of team a GB doesn't want to face. The kind of team that can bring them down to our level and slog through a tight game in the mud. I'm actually more concerned about TB or NO, as they have very good defenses that can make it very tough for us.

But honestly, those 4 teams are all competitive against one another. Feels like a lot of parity at the top. And we're right up there with any of them.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would rather take on the Saints instead of the Packers flat out. A climate-controlled Dome with no fans versus a freezing and possibly snowy mess in Lambeau? Easy choice.

It's my understanding that if everything stays the same seeding-wise, we would go to the Saints in the divisional and Bucs would go to Lambeau, of course assuming both teams advance.

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing, our defense is built to challenge a offense like Green Bay, depth and blitzes from Adams or a LB, Reid, Amadi, Griffin, Neal, Diggs, speed with Brooks and we have Wright playing lights out as well in pass defense.

Dunlap and Reed now coming into form and the ability to stop the run up the middle.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's the best part of all. Our defense has inexplicably become from historically the worst to now legit one of the best defenses in the NFL. A hell of a turnaround, and they are precisely built for and playing playoff caliber football right now. If our offense can return even close to how we looked earlier in the season, I don't think any NFC team can beat us.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If it ends up being a game vs Green Bay in. Lambeau or wherever, going back to last year's game the only chance of winning is to not have Adams abuse our secondary (well mostly Flowers) the way he did last year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ri5pz4sn said:
The scariest part of playing in GB is if Erin has his officials with him, which will be likely.
I do not expect a fairly officiated game in GB regardless of who plays there, with the exception of the Tampa Brady’s who have their own guys as well.

If it’s Tawmy vs Erin, I’m not sure who the NFL would pick?

Entirely accurate. If I see Rodgers get bailed out again on 3rd down or hear the commentary mention "look at the time Aaron has to throw the ball" while dudes are getting tackled on their way to the QB you can call it a day.

And its a no brainer.. they go with A-Rod. The league would love nothing more to host another GB vs. KC Super Bowl. Two high scoring offenses, pansy defenses and a lot of points for the TV viewing Covid Bowl. A business of entertainment considered "critical"

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":139wob07 said:
No..

I dont get the concern with location when there are no fans.

Been to Green Bay plenty in winter. Seattle in January is gusting wind and rain. GB is cold and dry.

Avg temp in Green Bay in Jan., 26/9

Avg temp in Seattle in Jan., 47/39

Over 20 degrees colder in the daytime and 30 degrees at night.

Not much of a comparison.

You live in Minnesota, you don't think anything's too cold.

evergreen

Reaction score
Remember what the 9ers did to them there in the playoffs! Stop freakin' we're peakin"! Yeah, three apostrophes in a row baby.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":3porjjed said:
That's the best part of all. Our defense has inexplicably become from historically the worst to now legit one of the best defenses in the NFL. A hell of a turnaround, and they are precisely built for and playing playoff caliber football right now. If our offense can return even close to how we looked earlier in the season, I don't think any NFC team can beat us.

"Our defense has inexplicably become from historically the worst to now legit one of the best defenses in the NFL."

Dang!!! They must have thunder in there Cheerios! LMAO!!!!

LTH

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
People hate arod in here but if russ was 44/4 for touchdowns to int.....what would john do?