Just Saying...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":3bb032je said:
I would rather take on the Saints instead of the Packers flat out. A climate-controlled Dome with no fans versus a freezing and possibly snowy mess in Lambeau? Easy choice.

It's my understanding that if everything stays the same seeding-wise, we would go to the Saints in the divisional and Bucs would go to Lambeau, of course assuming both teams advance.

As luck would have it, you might get both those choices!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, basically it went from Rams fear/worship to Packers now. Got it...…
I hope we do play them at some point, the threads alone will be pure gold. Hawks lose by 30, they have NO chance to win etc.
Just like they had no chance against the Rams right?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14sn3vlj said:
Not only almost won, but a brutal drop on an absolutely perfect pass that would have maybe got them to finish a game winning drive. With a RB who came out of retirement.
Shoot, they were on 4th stringers vs. the Niners and were a half yard from winning the division.
This team is almost ALWAYS in every game they play. #3 under center, ANYTHING is possible. More fear of the opponent. Meh. I'm glad this team fears nobody, a lot of fans sure seem to be scared. Just my opinion.....
Fear the Opponents?, oh hell no.
NOW, the Officials?, um, yeah, that's a whole another gig.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Accurate. After watching that farce the other night, damn. That was some blatant one way stuff.
Not saying that the Packers are an average team. They are pretty solid, but they certainly don't need the help from the stripes. I can't stand Rodgers, but he's playing out of his mind this year. SO FAR

TypeSly

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gkdnaq7 said:
I work with a huge GB fan, and he flat out already has said "I don't want them playing Seattle, not with THAT quarterback, running game and how the defense is playing"
I suspect plenty of other fanbases wouldn't exactly be too stoked to play Seattle.
Again, it's the playoffs. You don't get to pick and choose who you play. And IF you're already hoping you play x team, because that's an easier path? Kind of a losing mentality. I have zero doubt the Hawks couldn't give a rats butt who they play in the playoffs.

I agree, no team in the upper echelon wants to play Seattle, and the Seahawks have always been a team that doesn't get affected by the "mystique" of playing against the NFL's "darling" teams (GB, Dallas, Pitts etc.) because we have a decent record against all of them. Those teams always have the edge with the refs, and even more so in their home stadiums. Brady trumps all of that, no matter what teams he's on, so that's the only reason I wouldn't to face Tampa.

At least by winning the division we get one game at home. It would be so nice to get the bye, because we wouldn't have to face the refs for an extra game. I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy against Seattle, but there's an added disadvantage against any team facing one of the NFL's darling teams. Make no mistake, our biggest opponents this year are the NFL and the refs. We know this the best, from our first SB appearance. The Seahawks outplayed the Steelers in every way, but you can't beat the refs when it's that blatant.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm OK with playing GB, it's a team we have always matched up well against.

We almost beat them in the playoffs last year, with Travis Homer, Clowney on one leg and shoulder as our only pass rush and Flowers getting torched by Adams on every route.

NO's scares me the most in the NFC. So many offensive weapons, that's a game Russell would REALLY have to be clicking on to score 30-35+ points to hang with them.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8qcuoynr said:
Uncle Si":8qcuoynr said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

No fans there, so really what does it matter?

It's not so much losing the HFA, it's not getting the #1 seed and a bye to get healthy and strong.

You are correct, this year HFA doesn't mean much with the #1 vs #2 seeds. But not having the bye and having to possibly travel twice if we're the #3 seed because we lost to the Giants? Yeah, that's being pissed off worthy.

Imagine being a Rams fan and facing the possibility of not even making the playoffs at all because you lost to a winless Jets team that was coming off a 40-3 loss, when before that loss you were in control of your own destiny and in great position to win the division.

Just sayin...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1jcw56lg said:
Sgt. Largent":1jcw56lg said:
Uncle Si":1jcw56lg said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

It's not so much losing the HFA, it's not getting the #1 seed and a bye to get healthy and strong.

You are correct, this year HFA doesn't mean much with the #1 vs #2 seeds. But not having the bye and having to possibly travel twice if we're the #3 seed because we lost to the Giants? Yeah, that's being pissed off worthy.

Imagine being a Rams fan and facing the possibility of not even making the playoffs at all because you lost to a winless Jets team that was coming off a 40-3 loss, when before that loss you were in control of your own destiny and in great position to win the division.

Just sayin...

Yeah, but I highly doubt the Bears are beating the Packers with the Packers needing to win to keep the #1 seed.

Before last week I didn't want to see the Rams in the playoffs, but with Goff's injury and the Rams limping into the playoffs I'm just fine with seeing them in the first round. I'd LOVE to curb stomp their asses into the off season.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cb2k4s0 said:
Chapow":3cb2k4s0 said:
Sgt. Largent":3cb2k4s0 said:
Uncle Si":3cb2k4s0 said:

Just sayin...

Yeah, but I highly doubt the Bears are beating the Packers with the Packers needing to win to keep the #1 seed.

Before last week I didn't want to see the Rams in the playoffs, but with Goff's injury and the Rams limping into the playoffs I'm just fine with seeing them in the first round. I'd LOVE to curb stomp their asses into the off season.

The Bears are fighting for their playoff lives, and happen to be playing their best football of the season. Even the odds are almost a pick 'em game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers worship will continue :pukeface:

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18jkpgew said:
Chapow":18jkpgew said:
Sgt. Largent":18jkpgew said:
Uncle Si":18jkpgew said:

Just sayin...

The point is that Rams are in a much worse position because of their loss to the Jets than we are because of our loss to the Giants.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SoulfishHawk":3galv4fa said:
I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers worship will continue :pukeface:

Division game. All bets are off. The Bears have a decent chance in this one. And the Bears winning will make the Packers look mortal. The Packers winning, of course, will make them look invincible. Truth is, much like a lot of other division games, there are always tough games, upsets, and unexpected results.

Week 14, 2013, the juggernaut Seahawks lost to the 49ers and put not only the #1 seed but the division title in jeopardy—to those very 49ers. Two weeks later, we lost to the Cardinals (who didn't even make the playoffs) with a chance to clinch the division and homefield. At home. The week after that, we smoked the Rams to win the division, and the rest is history.

You can look at almost every top team every year and come up with a head-scratching loss, and a lot of them are division rivals. It's just how the NFL works.

I'm not terribly keen on facing the Packers in Lambeau, but if we won, we'd likely be either in the driver's seat for the rest of the playoffs or Super Bowl bound after beating a very tough opponent. I'd take that.

hawks85

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3381h1j8 said:
Like others have mentioned, the ref factor is very scary. And I don't need to hear about how the team should overcome etc. The Refs impacting games is a real thing, and it's VERY likely to be something we see in the playoffs.

After watching that Sunday night game, I am absolutely convinced if we go there we will not win. The NFL has a hard on for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ayn3wj0 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ayn3wj0 said:

Division game. All bets are off. The Bears have a decent chance in this one. And the Bears winning will make the Packers look mortal. The Packers winning, of course, will make them look invincible. Truth is, much like a lot of other division games, there are always tough games, upsets, and unexpected results.

Week 14, 2013, the juggernaut Seahawks lost to the 49ers and put not only the #1 seed but the division title in jeopardy—to those very 49ers. Two weeks later, we lost to the Cardinals (who didn't even make the playoffs) with a chance to clinch the division and homefield. At home. The week after that, we smoked the Rams to win the division, and the rest is history.

You can look at almost every top team every year and come up with a head-scratching loss, and a lot of them are division rivals. It's just how the NFL works.

I'm not terribly keen on facing the Packers in Lambeau, but if we won, we'd likely be either in the driver's seat for the rest of the playoffs or Super Bowl bound after beating a very tough opponent. I'd take that.

Yep.

Week 17, 2019, the defending Super Bowl champion, Brady/Belichick, 12-3 Patriots were hosting the 4-11 (1-6 on the road) Miami Dolphins with the #1 seed, and 1st round bye, on the line. The Patriots lost that game, which cost them a 1st round bye, dropped them out of one of the top 2 seeds, and dropped them into the wildcard round. They then lost in the wildcard round at home to a 9-7 Tennessee Titans wildcard team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401127909

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You never know, still gotta' lace 'em up. But......not holding my breath. Finger, Legs and everything else crossed.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":95zl93y2 said:
Uncle Si":95zl93y2 said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry. No fans there, so really what does it matter?

You're joking, right?
At a certain temperature, playing in the snow/cold is much better than playing in cold rain. If it's a really wet snow it's not much different, but if it's on the dryer end, it's much more comfortable than the rain. The rain permeates every piece of clothing and. Dryer snow or just dryer cold air is easier to deal with. Any weather below about 28 degrees is miserable no matter what. I'd rather do anything outside in 30*/dry vs 40*/wet

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hawks85":2oidubo5 said:
SoulfishHawk":2oidubo5 said:
Like others have mentioned, the ref factor is very scary. And I don't need to hear about how the team should overcome etc. The Refs impacting games is a real thing, and it's VERY likely to be something we see in the playoffs.

After watching that Sunday night game, I am absolutely convinced if we go there we will not win. The NFL has a hard on for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.
The NFL has had a hard on for that matchup going back to last year until the 49ers bitch slapped GB. Don't think for a minute they haven't been hoping for it. If it happens, it will be the single most insufferable SB lead up in the history of SB's.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21hxyqon said:
I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers + Zebras worship will continue :pukeface:

FIFY.... :rumble: