KEN NORTON MUST GO !

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Compared to the Defense, this offense is The Greatest Show on Turf.

We expected this offense would need time to gel.

We did not expect whatever this D is. And that is considering that I already believe Norton to be the worst DC the Seahawks ever had or ever will have.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, ridiculous comparison. The Offense is clearly capable of moving the ball the scoring. The defense looks lost and confused.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
And the evidence that the offense is fine is the 23 unanswered points, failing to score after 4 minutes into the 2nd, and lopsided TOP?

All I was really suggesting was that as long as Pete is in control the coordinators may not matter that much.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Neither side of the ball is fine. But the defense is as bad as we have ever seen in Seattle right now. Yes, they are THAT BAD.

TraderGary

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l36l1fl said:
Yep, Norton is horrible. But.........Pete has lost control of this team, it's clear as day. Norton, Pete and the coaching staff have allowed this team to not only be undisciplined, they REFUSE to adjust in game. He has been outcoached so many times the last few years, enough already. If it wasn't for Russ saving Pete's a** in the 4th quarter SEVERAL TIMES, he would look like an average coach. How many damn times do we have to see a guy WIDE OPEN over the middle, or pretty much anywhere on the field???? They made Kirk frickin Cousins look like Joe Montana. Is that good enough for anyone? It shouldn't be.

Spot on. I've never seen anyone on the Hawks publicly call out the coaching staff or complain about the scheme the way Reed and Flowers did yesterday. The wheels are definitely falling off.

I also saw a very angry looking Wagner and Diggs on the field yesterday, and I also saw Diggs yelling at the Seahawks sideline. I can only assume he was yelling at Norton and PC.

I think the players have had enough of these tired schemes that have no chance of stopping anyone, and I would just say it's about damn time someone spoke up about it. Flowers and Reed both suck, (actually Reed was really good last year but has seemed to regress thus far this year), but I applaud them for having the balls to speak up.

Something has got to give, and soon. It could be a very long season. Without some major changes, I think this is a sub .500 team. The Rams are going to absolutely crush us.

TraderGary

Reaction score
RiverDog":n1usxtjp said:
xray":n1usxtjp said:
Don't put this all on Norton's D . The ( Wilson - Waldron offense ) is anything but impressive .

Agreed. Although the bulk of our problems are on the defensive side of the ball, our offense in general and Russell specifically haven't helped matters any.

I agree, but as someone else said earlier, we knew there were going to be some growing pains early in the season with the new offense. And keep in mind that with a very few exceptions, none of them played in the preseason.

But I think the biggest issue points back to the defense. When you only possess the ball for 3 or 4 minutes in each quarter, and are sitting on the sidelines watching the opposing team march down the field with 10 minutes drives, it's very difficult for the offense to get into any type of rhythm. But I agree that Russ and the rest of the offense need to take advantage of their opportunities when they're there for the taking.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TraderGary":r1mst9mt said:
RiverDog":r1mst9mt said:
xray":r1mst9mt said:
Don't put this all on Norton's D . The ( Wilson - Waldron offense ) is anything but impressive .

Agreed. Although the bulk of our problems are on the defensive side of the ball, our offense in general and Russell specifically haven't helped matters any.

I agree, but as someone else said earlier, we knew there were going to be some growing pains early in the season with the new offense. And keep in mind that with a very few exceptions, none of them played in the preseason.

But I think the biggest issue points back to the defense. When you only possess the ball for 3 or 4 minutes in each quarter, and are sitting on the sidelines watching the opposing team march down the field with 10 minutes drives, it's very difficult for the offense to get into any type of rhythm. But I agree that Russ and the rest of the offense need to take advantage of their opportunities when they're there for the taking.

It seems as if other teams handled the preseason just like we did, ie very few of the starters playing at all, so I wouldn't use that as an excuse.

Russell, Lockett, Metcalf, Dissley, and Carson have all worked together for at least two years. Gerald Everett is a newcomer, but he comes from the Rams where he and Waldron worked together for the last 3 years, both when Waldron was a tight ends coach and well as when he was their passing game coordinator. Although it's a new offense, the key position players (with the exception of the aforementioned Everett) are all familiar with each other.

Patience is something we can't afford. The learning curve is getting very, very short. With 3 teams ahead of us, two of them currently unbeaten, we're going to have to get our acts together soon, like this weekend.

James in PA

Reaction score
Something must be wrong with my sports news feed today as I couldn’t find anything on Norton’s firing. So how did he take it? Who’s going to be the interim DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TraderGary

Reaction score
RiverDog":278fk4vq said:
TraderGary":278fk4vq said:
RiverDog":278fk4vq said:
xray":278fk4vq said:

It seems as if other teams handled the preseason just like we did, ie very few of the starters playing at all, so I wouldn't use that as an excuse.

Russell, Lockett, Metcalf, Dissley, and Carson have all worked together for at least two years. Gerald Everett is a newcomer, but he comes from the Rams where he and Waldron worked together for the last 3 years, both when Waldron was a tight ends coach and well as when he was their passing game coordinator. Although it's a new offense, the key position players (with the exception of the aforementioned Everett) are all familiar with each other.

Patience is something we can't afford. The learning curve is getting very, very short. With 3 teams ahead of us, two of them currently unbeaten, we're going to have to get our acts together soon, like this weekend.

Excellent points and I can't really disagree with any of them other than to say despite the fact that it's the same players for the most part, it's still a much different scheme. Different route trees, different philosophies, different blocking assignments, etc. It takes time for that to gel and for them to become a cohesive unit in the new scheme.