KJ Thanksgiving podcast is grim

renofox

Reaction score

I've watched every single KJ podcast and he has always protected team and PC. This is the first time I have seen him actually call out PC and the coaching, and even Geno a little. He also called out other players which, again, I've never seen him do before. It makes me a little sad.

Note to PC: When you've lost KJ, you need to look in the locker room - you've probably already loat the team. I'm pretty sure you've lost the majority of the fanbase, also.

Then again, I guess none of it matters since PC probably has Jodi in his pocket.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Tldr
- Geno wasnt at 100% health - why is he playing
- Baiscfootball, every time the same 2 TE's blabla
- Way to much focus on DK
- JSN needs way more targets
- we didnt play well since week 1 every win was a little bit of a mess

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno was fine. It was a tricep bruise and we saw the same stuff from him we’ve been seeing so the injury excuse just doesn’t add up. Everything else was spot on though.

Think it's more than just a bruise. It's a strain. They showed shots of him lying on the table, being worked on. They don't do that if it's just a bruise.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Watching now. They're being honest, but it's bad to hear it all. Pete needs to listen to this

keasley45

Reaction score
The problem on the coaching side of this team is the same as it's always been. Contrary to popular belief Pete defers control of the systems of the team to his coordinators. When he's done that we'll, we've been good. When we haven't, we've been bad. Schotty was great for the teambut matched with KNJ. We were a power on Offense but the defense was average as best.

Quinn was great, but matched with Bevell. The only thing that saved that marriage was Cable who by all accounts, the players had great respect for.

Pete hasn't identified the correct generals he needs to run this thing. And by generals, I mean men who are smart enough to craft intelligent gameplans, and hard nosed enough to offset the ever optimistic tone he sets that, while for all the good that it does, is apparently bereft of the stern accountability required to get players to play intelligent, error free ball... for fear that if they don't, there will be hell to pay.

When we were up and coming we had Gus Bradley to corral an already hungry squad of men. Then we had stone faced Dan Quinn. On offense, for all his foibles and the crap Pete gets for not knowing offense, I think he knew it well enough to win multiple championships when he had a two headed OC in Cable and Bevell to independently coordinated run and pass games. The plan was solid enough that Bev didn't screw it up too much and Cable would demand respect and 100% effort.

Beyond his lack luster Xs and Os, is Waldron enough of a hard ass to DEMAND accountability? Is Andy Dickerson? These are the guys you have not just coordinating thr plan, but executing and enforcing Pete's vision in an environment where fear of failure is absent.

On D, at least Clint had his guys flying around and flashing the potential they carry. But is he enough Dan Quinn to balance Pete?

I think above all else, what we are seeing is a failure to balance the culture of positivity with ultimate accountability. Guys are flying around and 'competing ' in practice for playing time when the measure iss individual performance bit they are not all 22 competing cohesively as a team. At all.
And I think that is on Pete not being aware of his own deficiencies enough to see that he needs disciplinarians to help him run things. The team smells of a bunch of guys bought in to the idea of flying around and playing hard on defense, but not playing together. On offense, it's the same issue but with that added problem of execution not being tight on the side that requires greater attention.

And as a result, we are squandering opportunity after opportunity and a team that should be far better than it is.

Does that mean Pete has to go? I don't know. But if I have to choose between a true tear down and rebuild with Pete and entirely new coordinators, chosen by him or maintaining the roster we have and getting more accountability in leadership... I have to think about that one.

This has zero to do with meddling in offense, or not updating a defense... being past his time or out of touch. It has to do with a failure to assemble the right men who will coalesce around an otherwise solid vision and balance positivity with intelligence and accountability. If Pete is going to be the Ring Leader who stands back in the shadows and keeps everyone pumped and jacked, the men he appoints to stand in the light can't be soft, silent and have weaknesses that cause players to question their quality.

That's been the issue on one side of the ball or the other for a long time.

cymatica

Reaction score
I like how he called out that stupid orbit motion out of the pistol that fools no one. I've been wondering the same thing, it looks pointless and the defense doesn't even flinch. He said when the 49ers run motion or misdirection, he doesn't know what they are going to do, it actually looks effective. He knows what's coming every time we run a play.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like how he called out that stupid orbit motion out of the pistol that fools no one. I've been wondering the same thing, it looks pointless and the defense doesn't even flinch. He said when the 49ers run motion or misdirection, he doesn't know what they are going to do, it actually looks effective. He knows what's coming every time we run a play.
Exactly. This mushy looking pistol set needs to go. It never works.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is literally Pete Carroll's calling card. Boring and highly predictable offenses, which by virtue of being so simple and predictable, rely much more heavily on flawless execution.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Think it's more than just a bruise. It's a strain. They showed shots of him lying on the table, being worked on. They don't do that if it's just a bruise.
Yet he looked the exact same he’s looked for a year now outside of playing against terrible defenses. The “injury” had zero to do with last night. It’s sore so of course they’re trying to minimize it but it wasn’t the problem

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is literally Pete Carroll's calling card. Boring and highly predictable offenses, which by virtue of being so simple and predictable, rely much more heavily on flawless execution.
And unless you have an all world QB who can make something happen when nothing is open and you need the play to break down or an all world line your offense is going ti struggle because it’s outdated and archaic.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s not PCs fault its the coordinators
Its not PCs fault it’s the players
Its not PCs fault it’s a QB injury
It’s not PCs fault it’s the GMs trades and draft choices
Its not PCs fault it’s the other team
Its not PCs fault it’s the refs
It’s not PCs fault it’s the league
It’s not PCs fault it is everyone and everything BUT PC

3 total playoff wins in 8 years. No franchise QB and no development QB. Not a contender. No reason to think any team in the future will be better than a 1 win playoff team.

it’s not PCs fault.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The problem on the coaching side of this team is the same as it's always been. Contrary to popular belief Pete defers control of the systems of the team to his coordinators. When he's done that we'll, we've been good. When we haven't, we've been bad. Schotty was great for the teambut matched with KNJ. We were a power on Offense but the defense was average as best.

Quinn was great, but matched with Bevell. The only thing that saved that marriage was Cable who by all accounts, the players had great respect for.

Pete hasn't identified the correct generals he needs to run this thing. And by generals, I mean men who are smart enough to craft intelligent gameplans, and hard nosed enough to offset the ever optimistic tone he sets that, while for all the good that it does, is apparently bereft of the stern accountability required to get players to play intelligent, error free ball... for fear that if they don't, there will be hell to pay.

When we were up and coming we had Gus Bradley to corral an already hungry squad of men. Then we had stone faced Dan Quinn. On offense, for all his foibles and the crap Pete gets for not knowing offense, I think he knew it well enough to win multiple championships when he had a two headed OC in Cable and Bevell to independently coordinated run and pass games. The plan was solid enough that Bev didn't screw it up too much and Cable would demand respect and 100% effort.

Beyond his lack luster Xs and Os, is Waldron enough of a hard ass to DEMAND accountability? Is Andy Dickerson? These are the guys you have not just coordinating thr plan, but executing and enforcing Pete's vision in an environment where fear of failure is absent.

On D, at least Clint had his guys flying around and flashing the potential they carry. But is he enough Dan Quinn to balance Pete?

I think above all else, what we are seeing is a failure to balance the culture of positivity with ultimate accountability. Guys are flying around and 'competing ' in practice for playing time when the measure iss individual performance bit they are not all 22 competing cohesively as a team. At all.
And I think that is on Pete not being aware of his own deficiencies enough to see that he needs disciplinarians to help him run things. The team smells of a bunch of guys bought in to the idea of flying around and playing hard on defense, but not playing together. On offense, it's the same issue but with that added problem of execution not being tight on the side that requires greater attention.

And as a result, we are squandering opportunity after opportunity and a team that should be far better than it is.

Does that mean Pete has to go? I don't know. But if I have to choose between a true tear down and rebuild with Pete and entirely new coordinators, chosen by him or maintaining the roster we have and getting more accountability in leadership... I have to think about that one.

This has zero to do with meddling in offense, or not updating a defense... being past his time or out of touch. It has to do with a failure to assemble the right men who will coalesce around an otherwise solid vision and balance positivity with intelligence and accountability. If Pete is going to be the Ring Leader who stands back in the shadows and keeps everyone pumped and jacked, the men he appoints to stand in the light can't be soft, silent and have weaknesses that cause players to question their quality.

That's been the issue on one side of the ball or the other for a long time.
Ultimately this falls on Pete though. He didn't hire the correct "field generals" They should have rolled out the Brinks truck for Quinn before he was scooped up by Dallas.

And the Waldron hire, I can see why Pete went in this direction, a lot of plays designs are different than they've been, despite what some people are trying to say... But a rookie OC who's never called plays before? Waldron is nothing more than a passing game coordinator. Hurtt is nothing more than a D line coach, and Norton is nothing more than a LB coach.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yet he looked the exact same he’s looked for a year now outside of playing against terrible defenses. The “injury” had zero to do with last night. It’s sore so of course they’re trying to minimize it but it wasn’t the problem
No doubt. I'm not saying the injury affected his decision making, accuracy or velocity in the game. It was more than a bruise though.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Coordinators matter. Do you think Dallas under McCarthy is as successful as they've been this year without Quinn and Shotty?

cymatica

Reaction score
Coordinators matter. Do you think Dallas under McCarthy is as successful as they've been this year without Quinn and Shotty?
Just think, we could have both those coordinators if Pete really wanted them. Instead we have Hurtt and Waldo 🤮