Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I always have loved Lynch. I am ecstatic they are bringing him in and he's willing to rejoin the team. But there's a big "however".

Everyone is saying Lynch is old but he's worth bringing in for a morale boost. We need him for more than a morale boost. We need him to pick up yards.

In fact, Sunday could be a disaster if all Lynch does is provide a pregame boost then lays an egg in the first half. The let down may be worse than if they didn't bring him in at all.

He needs to get a respectable amount of yards for this to work. That's a tall order for a guy who's 33 and hasn't played in over a year let alone behind this team's porous line.

That said, if anyone can do it, it's Lynch - in theory. Will he? I have no clue but I sure hope Pete and Schneider know something we don't.

Go Beastmode!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sunday is pregame for Lynch. He needs touches to get fit for the playoffs

John63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ewbfl8n said:
Sunday is pregame for Lynch. He needs touches to get fit for the playoffs

Lol we have to be able to run the run, run pass offense PC loves.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northhawk":8h64i63q said:
I always have loved Lynch. I am ecstatic they are bringing him in and he's willing to rejoin the team. But there's a big "however".

Everyone is saying Lynch is old but he's worth bringing in for a morale boost. We need him for more than a morale boost. We need him to pick up yards.

In fact, Sunday could be a disaster if all Lynch does is provide a pregame boost then lays an egg in the first half. The let down may be worse than if they didn't bring him in at all.

He needs to get a respectable amount of yards for this to work. That's a tall order for a guy who's 33 and hasn't played in over a year let alone behind this team's porous line.

That said, if anyone can do it, it's Lynch - in theory. Will he? I have no clue but I sure hope Pete and Schneider know something we don't.

Go Beastmode!

A lot of People repeating the same thing over and over, He's a 33 year old that hasn't played "in over a year" Blah Blah, fact is, there are a lot of younger players who are worn to a frazzle at this time of year, and although ML is 33, he's also been keeping himself in excellent shape, has a fresh set of legs, and KNOWS how to "Pound The Rock" , PLUS, he hasn't been taking a beating "in over a year"...If he can only dig down and come up with 90% Beastmode, that's all we really need to stay in contention, without his help, this would be a slam-dunk game for the 9rs.
With Lynch, there's a chance, without Lynch, zero chance.
:49ersmall:

tifferradish

Reaction score
[instagram][/instagram]
Washington49er":10cfz0dl said:
I'd laugh my ass off if 1st time they hand him the ball he just stops, takes the tackle then gets up and says "I'm just here to get paid".

Or he fumbles the ball like a mic drop, looks at PC, flips him off and says Merry Christmas from Earl

Seriously, why are you here? Nobody, and I mean nobody, on this message board gives a hoot what you think. I’ve seen your posts, and the smug, arrogance has grown stale. The 49ers suck, just like you. We don’t like them, just like you. Oh you’re a transplant to the PNW? Who cares? Go back to the Bay, nobody wants you here.

I could go on for days about how 9ers are riding a fluke and they’re going to be irrelevant next year (see LA Rams), but it doesn’t matter. This is a SEAHAWKS message board, and nobody gives a rats ass about your 9ers. Because after sunday, they’ll be back where they belong, below the Hawks.

Oh, Merry Christmas.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
tifferradish":2sscgqyl said:
[instagram][/instagram]
Washington49er":2sscgqyl said:
I'd laugh my ass off if 1st time they hand him the ball he just stops, takes the tackle then gets up and says "I'm just here to get paid".

Or he fumbles the ball like a mic drop, looks at PC, flips him off and says Merry Christmas from Earl

Seriously, why are you here? Nobody, and I mean nobody, on this message board gives a hoot what you think. I’ve seen your posts, and the smug, arrogance has grown stale. The 49ers suck, just like you. We don’t like them, just like you. Oh you’re a transplant to the PNW? Who cares? Go back to the Bay, nobody wants you here.

I could go on for days about how 9ers are riding a fluke and they’re going to be irrelevant next year (see LA Rams), but it doesn’t matter. This is a SEAHAWKS message board, and nobody gives a rats ass about your 9ers. Because after sunday, they’ll be back where they belong, below the Hawks.

Oh, Merry Christmas.
:2thumbs:

Washington49er

Reaction score
tifferradish":3v3wlvte said:
[instagram][/instagram]
Washington49er":3v3wlvte said:

Oh, Merry Christmas.

Oh I'm sorry is this the part where I'm supposed to pretend to give a flying F what you think?

quadsas

Reaction score
Washington49er":1codjh0d said:
tifferradish":1codjh0d said:
[instagram][/instagram]
Washington49er":1codjh0d said:

Oh, Merry Christmas.

Oh I'm sorry is this the part where I'm supposed to pretend to give a flying F what you think?

I do think it's quite hilarious how he says that nobody cares about you yet he posts a wall responding to you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
IndyHawk":z39vsmyu said:
pittpnthrs":z39vsmyu said:
Scorpion05":z39vsmyu said:
Yea, but ultimately that doesn’t matter.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

Remember 2nd half of the season in 2015?
The Panthers game?A big yes.
That should have told you why that ended.

Because a better team beat us? The fact is when Wilson was released from his shackles, the team started to move the ball and the offense looked good. 2016 comes around and straight back to the same old stagnant Pete ball again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
John63":101627j0 said:
IndyHawk":101627j0 said:
pittpnthrs":101627j0 said:
Scorpion05":101627j0 said:
Yea, but ultimately that doesn’t matter.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

Remember 2nd half of the season in 2015?
The Panthers game?A big yes.
That should have told you why that ended.

yes the panthers game Lynch back so lets stop doing what got us there adn go to the run run run adn then wait till its too late to let Wilson do his thing. Fond memories of why PCs system does not work without a top defense which we dont have.

Amen

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":av7nxrgx said:
IMHO Lynch has returned solely to help his beast mode stores and brand to do better...

Weird take.

A man with nothing left to prove agrees to come back to his former team that's fighting for a division title with everything on the line only to sell merch.

How bout this take. Man loves the game of football, and saw a perfect opportunity to come back to his former team to do everything he can to help them win not only a division title, but to help them in the playoffs.

That's really it. Marshawn obviously misses football, misses competing, misses the energy of 69,000 people going absolutely insane when he runs the football........................and wants one more chance to prove he's still got it.

kmeleon

Reaction score
mikeak":2ghvijkx said:
IMHO Lynch has returned solely to help his beast mode stores and brand to do better...

I'm pretty sure that Marshawn Lynch is not built that way. It's very easy to see that he doesn't take plays off, he busts his tail on the field and takes pride in his ability and effort. That dude wouldn't damage his image by stepping back on a football field if he wasn't sure he could do this.

HansGruber

Reaction score
mikeak":1wkp4qqo said:

The one positive piece of news the Seahawks have had in weeks, no matter how the game turns out, and we got "fans" in here trying to crap all over it.

I see miserable slobs like this in real life, and I feel bad for them. How awful to live like that. To live a life where every change, every event, everything, is a constant miserable letdown or disappointment. To the point that it is all they can imagine or expect from life. I try to imagine that life, what could lead to that type of thinking, but I will never understand. I would just eat a shotgun like Cobain if life got that bad.

Hope you had a decent holiday and life improves for you, man. Nobody deserves to be this miserable.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Osprey":v9wpjtfv said:
KitsapGuy":v9wpjtfv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1209336783994929152[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MommaLynch24/status/1209337800622952450[/tweet]
Storybook would be somehow getting back to the SB and Beast scores the winning TD. Hey, we can dream, can’t we.
You mean against NE? When the clock is ticking out in the fourth quarter?

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
mikeak":1dbws2it said:
God! Why don't you just...god!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

John63

Reaction score
mikeak":ol7viq0n said:

At the expense of the Hawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
HansGruber":6pjiv3fk said:
mikeak":6pjiv3fk said:

The one positive piece of news the Seahawks have had in weeks, no matter how the game turns out, and we got "fans" in here trying to crap all over it.

I see miserable slobs like this in real life, and I feel bad for them. How awful to live like that. To live a life where every change, every event, everything, is a constant miserable letdown or disappointment. To the point that it is all they can imagine or expect from life. I try to imagine that life, what could lead to that type of thinking, but I will never understand. I would just eat a shotgun like Cobain if life got that bad.

Hope you had a decent holiday and life improves for you, man. Nobody deserves to be this miserable.

ah the irony of coming out with such a statement about what you see and how that means they are misearable

Maybe you should look in the mirror

The word solely was poorly chosen. I definitely think it is a large part of it. I would walk by that store the year after he left and there was a bunch of people in there. I walked by before the season opener this year and nobody in there

In a different thread it is stated that CJ didn't end up a Seahawk because these things are all about money (I didn't write that). Somehow when Seattle legends comes back then it is about anything but money

I had a nice Christmas, I have a good life, I don't envy these players - they earn every penny they ever make, I do think they are businessmen and this is a business. I don't mean it as a negative, I just think that was his main motivation (again solely was poorly chosen word)

mikeak

Reaction score
John63":1xezzhq5 said:
mikeak":1xezzhq5 said:

At the expense of the Hawks.

I didn't say that. I still think he wants to run hard and build his brand and legend. If he thought he would be a disaster he wouldn't do it as it hurts the brand more

Status
Not open for further replies.