Mediocre 3rd Round Picks

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bihtjzqz said:
chet380":bihtjzqz said:
Surely we could have traded 2,3 or even 4 of those 3rd Rd. picks to move up from #58 and get something better than Pocic.

If all 4 picks would have been traded, we wouldn't have suffered much, taking into account the mediocrities that we drafted.

It's entirely possible that all four of these guys will be cut.

It's also entirely possible that everyone will one day learn to judge draft picks using more criteria than "Is he an offensive lineman?", but that doesn't mean it's LIKELY.

I'd say three of those picks, at least, make the team.

Apparently they've moved past it because now they're whining that it wasnt early enough for a lineman (everyone wants Cam?) and Pocic wasn't lauded by the rest of the league.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Why are so many on this board trippin' over the Pocic pick? A lot of analysts are saying it was a great get for the Hawks, and are predicting him as a day 1 starter. Personally, I like that they addressed the line early on for the second straight year and took a guy who seems like he fits his draft position.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Smellyman":1c6sp4pq said:
Everything is awesome, don't question the picks, the FO never made a mistake.

If you do question them, you just don't know football. I love every pick. ever. This year is no exception. A+ again!

Woot, Go Hawks!

How about a happy middle ground.

Smellyman

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2vog51tz said:
Smellyman":2vog51tz said:

If you do question them, you just don't know football. I love every pick. ever. This year is no exception. A+ again!

Woot, Go Hawks!

I am happy with half of them!

Edit: and I am happy, but people telling others you don't know football and everything is awesome is just as annoying as everything is bad crowd. Love the WR, CB picks, but I would've like to have seen Ramczyk, Robinson or Lamp over McDowell. The audacity of me!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Smellyman":3bcrpeit said:
gowazzu02":3bcrpeit said:
Smellyman":3bcrpeit said:

Woot, Go Hawks!

I am happy with half of them!

Edit: and I am happy, but people telling others you don't know football and everything is awesome is just as annoying as everything is bad crowd. Love the WR, CB picks, but I would've like to have seen Ramczyk, Robinson or Lamp over McDowell. The audacity of me!

Ok thats fine. But the "js is ruining our team" or the "they dont know what theyre doing" or the "mediocre draft" threads arent like ur post.

Theres a diff between i would of liked to have player x " and "since they didnt take the guy i wanted theyre idiots and were not winning any games next yr"

AgentDib

Reaction score
Smellyman":36hk4wus said:
I would've like to have seen Ramczyk, Robinson or Lamp over McDowell. The audacity of me!
I would have picked one of those guys too, largely based on all of the free opinions I've read from bloggers and mock drafts. However, knowing that the Hawks selected McDowell is new (and better) information. I'm not saying you have to like it, but it would be foolish to remain anchored to opinions as of April 27, 2017 for the rest of your life without reevaluating them as new data comes in.

Smellyman

Reaction score
AgentDib":2h7i0h8q said:
Smellyman":2h7i0h8q said:
I would've like to have seen Ramczyk, Robinson or Lamp over McDowell. The audacity of me!
I would have picked one of those guys too, largely based on all of the free opinions I've read from bloggers and mock drafts. However, knowing that the Hawks selected McDowell is new (and better) information. I'm not saying you have to like it, but it would be foolish to remain anchored to opinions as of April 27, 2017 for the rest of your life without reevaluating them as new data comes in.

This kind of what I mean. I am not anchored to anything for the rest of my life. Such hyperbole.

But I still wanted one of those 3 over McDowell. Even with so much new 'data'.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Fyi mayock just said pur 2nd pick Pocic. Who played center....is a better rt then the tackles in the draft..........

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Yes, we have to wait a couple of years and see, but after 4 years of disappointing drafts ...
"In JS/PC I no longer trust".

StoneCold

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3qkg4rne said:
There is a difference between criticism and hyperbole.

Agreed. It is one thing to be skeptical that Pocic can be converted from a center to a guard or tackle. But the claims the FO is brain damaged and incompetent are wearing. It can take years " Justin Britt" for a pick to truly be evaluated. How many first round OL picks league wide are still playing 4 years later?

I have a new rule, if a post says, "I'm ok with this pick, but would rather have had..." I scroll.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Northwest Seahawk":ag9iue6x said:
chet380":ag9iue6x said:
Surely we could have traded 2,3 or even 4 of those 3rd Rd. picks to move up from #58 and get something better than Pocic.

If all 4 picks would have been traded, we wouldn't have suffered much, taking into account the mediocrities that we drafted.

List the 4 players you wanted and I bet I see Kipers board. Some times I agree with the so called experts but only when there's a clear consensus. That's not the case here. Now the Center they drafted does look like a reach but other than that I like this draft so far.

"We need offensive line!"

"Offense sucks this year; they're gonna be drafted much higher than they otherwise would because it's a thin year for whatever talent is there, and there aren't a lot of 'better' players."

"Don't care! Offensive line!"

"We just took Pocic. Plays all the offensive line positions and didn't give up a sack last year."

"OVERREACH! WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED UP FOR SOMEONE BETTER!"

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":2ync34u7 said:
The way the FO has failed in the draft the last 3 or so years, i'll take Chets side.
I expect nothing less your negativity is boring, over the top ridiculous, tired and painfully predictable. All it is at this point is white noise to most of us and a source of amusement to not a small amount of people. I figure it is a fair thing to let you know about this.

Josea16

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2a79hrhd said:
Fyi mayock just said pur 2nd pick Pocic. Who played center....is a better rt then the tackles in the draft..........
Mayock typically knows his stuff. Kiper? Not so much. Some people around here? Definitely not.

Josea16

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":32mtieiy said:
Why are so many on this board trippin' over the Pocic pick? A lot of analysts are saying it was a great get for the Hawks, and are predicting him as a day 1 starter. Personally, I like that they addressed the line early on for the second straight year and took a guy who seems like he fits his draft position.
One thing not being talked about is that LSU is a ZBS team so this guy will probably step right in from the jump. He's not from a spread offense where they have to completely reteach him from the ground up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
chet380":16iu9r7g said:

What player did you have in mind?

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Basis4day":23v296sg said:
chet380":23v296sg said:

Trade 3 of #90, #95, #!02, #106 and our #58 to get Lamp ... OR

Trade whatever number of the #3 picks it took to get Obi.

As to being "Kiper-influenced", FYI, I detest Kiper and didn't watch a single second of the ESPN coverage.

I concede that my OP was somewhat hyperbolic, but when written it reflected my profound disappointment as to how the Hawks draft developed -- after all the trade-downs and passing on excellent prospects, to end up with McDowell and Pocic and the "training camp fodder" of RD. 3 was very deflating.

As with everyone else on this board, I had been following closely the potential Hawks draft picks since January and at the end of RD. 3 I was initially bewildered and then extremely disappointed.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
chet380":3fdu1q80 said:
Basis4day":3fdu1q80 said:
chet380":3fdu1q80 said:

As to being "Kiper-influenced", FYI, I detest Kiper and didn't watch a single second of the ESPN coverage.

I concede that my OP was somewhat hyperbolic, but when written it reflected my profound disappointment as to how the Hawks draft developed -- after all the trade-downs and passing on excellent prospects, to end up with McDowell and Pocic and the "training camp fodder" of RD. 3 was very deflating.

As with everyone else on this board, I had been following closely the potential Hawks draft picks since January and at the end of RD. 3 I was initially bewildered and then extremely disappointed.

I can understand your rationale, if indeed you think all those picks are worth Lamp or other O-line prospect that may not be that much better than what we drafted in Procic.

But we have other areas to shore up, and there's no way one lineman in THIS draft is worth that much capital since it would leave other position depth depleted.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chet380":mp8hnfww said:
Basis4day":mp8hnfww said:
chet380":mp8hnfww said:

This is why we wait a few years to evaluate drafts, because Obi and Lamp are both horrendous busts and Pocic is at least a capable starter. :)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":32rcxo91 said:
chet380":32rcxo91 said:
Basis4day":32rcxo91 said:
chet380":32rcxo91 said:

This is why we wait a few years to evaluate drafts, because Obi and Lamp are both horrendous busts and Pocic is at least a capable starter. :)

Wow, I can only assume that you’ve been stewing for a while.