Mediocre 3rd Round Picks

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
It's interesting that my 2017 post appeared out of nowhere ... I was wrong about Obi and Lamp, but I still maintain that a trade-down involving those draft picks could have been used to get someone better than Pocic.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Recalling this post seems a bit like "I told you so" on the surface.

But the ability to recall it is exactly why making absolute predictions and either praising or criticizing picks needs to be done with a lot more humility and a lot less confidence and name-calling those who disagree. This isn't an exact science for those of us on the outside of scout- and evaluator-stacked team FOs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":ff05a9pf said:

But the ability to recall it is exactly why making absolute predictions and either praising or criticizing picks needs to be done with a lot more humility and a lot less confidence and name-calling those who disagree. This isn't an exact science for those of us on the outside of scout- and evaluator-stacked team FOs.

This is true.

I only bring it up because of its relevance to the current pinned threads.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1lu8oatj said:
Ad Hawk":1lu8oatj said:

This is true.

I only bring it up because of its relevance to the current pinned threads.

Yep, I completely agree. It's appropriate when people thrown a fit about not getting their way to remind them of some perspective. Good on ya'.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just for perspective this might be Pocic’s first off-season where he can just focus on studying the film and iron out his craft specifically as an OC.

And he was pretty solid last year up until his concussion especially with an old LG battling to stay healthy and a rookie RG, and a new RT that also had some injuries.

With that said Pocic is a better OC now than Britt was when healthy, now that Pocic has that legit starting experience to build off, I think he’s going to surprise. IMO, no rookie was going to come in and be better right away. Pocic has 4 years with Russ. There’s value in that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":nmgs091o said:
Just for perspective this might be Pocic’s first off-season where he can just focus on studying the film and iron out his craft specifically as an OC.

And he was pretty solid last year up until his concussion especially with an old LG battling to stay healthy and a rookie RG, and a new RT that also had some injuries.

With that said Pocic is a better OC now than Britt was when healthy, now that Pocic has that legit starting experience to build off, I think he’s going to surprise. IMO, no rookie was going to come in and be better right away. Pocic has 4 years with Russ. There’s value in that.

I have no doubt that he'd be above average if he were at center the whole time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pocic had to build up his body and learn a bit more about leverage, he still has a bit to go, he needs to get stronger still if his frame can handle it which is the other issue.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawknation2017":ayzocb9a said:
Probably already our best defensive draft since 2010-12.

DT Malik McDowell
DT Nazair Jones
CB Shaquill Griffin
SS Delano Hill

Lol

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2yto6eyy said:

I dont think Pocic is as good as Britt was and I still think he is the weakest part of the OL and needs upgraded. The biggest thing to me was Russ not tweeting anything after Pocic resigned. That spoke mountains.