Michael Jackson

GemCity

Reaction score
Pete's been singing his praises. I think hes back from his injury. if he's who he was before, hes a beast.
I’d love for that to happen. I remember his first few series and a solo tackle he had on an outside run. Perfect stick.

If he is indeed back, our loaded DB group will be even better.

chrispy

Reaction score
Remember they picked up Artie Burns too. I'm not saying he'll light the world on fire, but he's a 1st round pick, young and has starting exp so he's got a shot in Pete's program. That's TWoolen, DWitherspoon, CBryant, TBrown, MJackson and ABurns that realistically are starting calibur (I'm not arguing they're starters. If you prefer to call some "borderline" fine.) NFL CBs. If you factor in the flexibility of multiple of them playing outside or slot, it's a ridiculously deep position group. ... maybe too deep when we consider some areas are relatively thin. A trade, if available, might strengthen the team.

sutz

Reaction score
Remember they picked up Artie Burns too. I'm not saying he'll light the world on fire, but he's a 1st round pick, young and has starting exp so he's got a shot in Pete's program. That's TWoolen, DWitherspoon, CBryant, TBrown, MJackson and ABurns that realistically are starting calibur (I'm not arguing they're starters. If you prefer to call some "borderline" fine.) NFL CBs. If you factor in the flexibility of multiple of them playing outside or slot, it's a ridiculously deep position group. ... maybe too deep when we consider some areas are relatively thin. A trade, if available, might strengthen the team.
Yeah, we seem to have an abundance of talent in the D-back room. We're not going to keep 15 DBs come cutdown day. I like the trade scenario, presuming we can find trade partners at a time when most teams are not dealing and are waiting until after the cuts.

bileever

Reaction score
I don't think you pick a guy at #5 and play him as a slot CB. Unless Pete's come up with a less traditional use for a slot corner.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have Bandit package secondary ability, between our loaded Safety's, Bush who has DB speed if healthy, Adams, who steps into a LB role in this and depth for any matchup you can throw at us in CB's and the Slot, if the Edges can get pressure that's a lot of opportunity for turnovers. DC's are going to be challenged to find our weakest link match up in the secondary for coverage.

getnasty

Reaction score
Keep pumping up MJ and then when we get closer to the season and someone has a corner go down you flip him for DL help. Spoon needs to be starting on the outside and let Kobi Bryant and Love handle nickel duties. That give us our highest ceiling in my opinion.

With that said I really like Mike Jackson not saying he's elite but I thought he was very solid last year.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Isn't this like the third Michael Jackson we've had? At least it's an easy name.

A Pete team will always have good DBs.
The first Micheal Jackson was a pretty good linebacker, Pasco native and made the pick in the endzone as a Husky to preserve a Rose Bowl win in 78.

As for the current Michael Jackson, I suspect there are at lease 25 teams that would want him after his recent success and during camp anything could happen. Injuies to our squad or other teams losing DBs. I'm hoping we can keep him though.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Meh. I think you play him where he can make the most impact. A lot of teams are moving their best receivers to the slot sometimes.
This times a thousand. You play him in a spot where he can make the most impact possible. Teams lining up against Seattle aren't going to put their worst DB on JSN just because he's in the slot. If they do, Seattle will win a lot of games. You're only as good as your weak points allow you to be and if Seattle has Woolen, Witherspoon, Jackson, and Bryant at their disposal it'll be tough sledding for the opposition.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
#Seahawks Mike Jackson, 2022:
86 targets (5.7 yds/tgt)
48 completions (10.2 yds/cmp)
75 tackles (6 missed)
1 QB pressure
1 interception

#Jets Sauce Gardner, 2022:
86 targets (5.3 yds/tgt)
46 completions (9.8 yds/cmp)
75 tackles (5 missed)
1 QB pressure
2 interceptions

Maui12thman

Reaction score

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The first Micheal Jackson was a pretty good linebacker, Pasco native and made the pick in the endzone as a Husky to preserve a Rose Bowl win in 78.

As for the current Michael Jackson, I suspect there are at lease 25 teams that would want him after his recent success and during camp anything could happen. Injuies to our squad or other teams losing DBs. I'm hoping we can keep him though.
I think we've had a couple Dave Browns too?

Too many receivers named Lockett (or close) as well.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I mean Mike Jackson is a freak. All I can say is we will have to absolutely have him on the field. His run support is upper echelon. Spoon is too good of a tackler to not have him on the field at all times although admittedly Spoon with a much higher ceiling than anyone ,save Woolen, on the team. Should be an interesting and competitive training camp.