Mike Zimmer new Vikings HC

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 18m
RT @JayGlazer: The Vikings have hired Mike Zimmer as their new head coach.

One less team in the hunt for Quinn.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
If the rumors are true that the Browns want an offensive minded HC (rumors are they are willing to wait until after the Broncos season is done so they can interview Gase, the OC), we might be able to breathe easy.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Arent the browns the only team that needs to hire a headcoach now?

chris98251

Reaction score
Bad news for the Browns is Quinn is an up and comer and seems like a smart guy, he also has the previous President of operations just down around the corner if he wants inside information in Holmgren. Good news for Quinn with this run and ranking of our defense will have chances going forward.

Also I think they are waiting for the guy from the Broncos and are throwing names out there just to be looking like it's an ongoing process.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I would imagine that Quinn and Bevell are both safe now. Browns are the only team looking I believe, everyone else has filled spots.

chris98251

Reaction score
Additionally with the Browns waiting so long the list of coaches available to fill staff spots is being cherry picked really fast by the other new head coaches. Puts whomever takes the job in catch up mode and with a lot less options for filling out their staff let alone prepareing for the draft and getting players to fit the schemes that will be used.

Shock2k

Reaction score
chris98251":3121xx0s said:
Bad news for the Browns is Quinn is an up and comer and seems like a smart guy, he also has the previous President of operations just down around the corner if he wants inside information in Holmgren. Good news for Quinn with this run and ranking of our defense will have chances going forward.

Also I think they are waiting for the guy from the Broncos and are throwing names out there just to be looking like it's an ongoing process.

Good call on the Holmgren angle. I didn't think about that. Holmgren does hang out at the VMAC sometimes and is welcome enough to talk to players (said in an interview didn't like Sherman's antics until he sat down to lunch with him. Now he is a fan)

Latest posts