Most improved QB next season: ATL Desmond Ridder, thank you Bijian

olyfan63

Reaction score
Atlanta picks up Bijian Robinson, and the winner is... Desmond Ridder!! Atlanta has given Ridder the ball as their QB1, and what a run game weapon they gave him in Bijian. But wait! There's more! Robinson is known as an excellent receiver, and a real threat in the screen game. So he can pad Ridder's passing stats with some YAC in the passing game.

While I'm not a big Fantasy Football guy, I'd say odds are that Ridder has a much better year than people are expecting from him, in no small part due to the addition of Bijian Robinson.

flv2

Reaction score
Ridder looked good during the 2022 preseason, as did multiple rookie QBs. I think Howell will be the most improved QB in 2023.

toffee

Reaction score
Atlanta picks up Bijian Robinson, and the winner is... Desmond Ridder!! Atlanta has given Ridder the ball as their QB1, and what a run game weapon they gave him in Bijian. But wait! There's more! Robinson is known as an excellent receiver, and a real threat in the screen game. So he can pad Ridder's passing stats with some YAC in the passing game.

While I'm not a big Fantasy Football guy, I'd say odds are that Ridder has a much better year than people are expecting from him, in no small part due to the addition of Bijian Robinson.
sorry, but this homer begs to differ. Most improved in my mind would be one Geno Smith.

kailjag

Reaction score
I think the falcons need to give Desmond ridder needs a chance. You saw what happened to guys in the draft class like Malik Willis and Matt Corral there teams didn’t give them a chance and they might be a career backup. If ridder wants any type of career the falcons need to give him a chance

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
sorry, but this homer begs to differ. Most improved in my mind would be one Geno Smith.
Ooh, not a bad call, with JSN as an option and Charbonnet as an added threat. MAYBE an improved OLine and pass pro from sophomore tackles and overall upgrades. And more confidence from a full year in the system including GWD opportunities converted.

I expect Bijian to have a peak-Beastmode type of influence in ATL and for Ridder. Will be fun to watch! Let's compare year over year improvements at seasons end.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think the falcons need to give Desmond ridder needs a chance. You saw what happened to guys in the draft class like Malik Willis and Matt Corral there teams didn’t give them a chance and they might be a career backup. If ridder wants any type of career the falcons need to give him a chance
It looks like he'll have this year. But I get you, QBs just don't get as much runway as they used to.

toffee

Reaction score
Ooh, not a bad call, with JSN as an option and Charbonnet as an added threat. MAYBE an improved OLine and pass pro from sophomore tackles and overall upgrades. And more confidence from a full year in the system including GWD opportunities converted.

I expect Bijian to have a peak-Beastmode type of influence in ATL and for Ridder. Will be fun to watch! Let's compare year over year improvements at seasons end.
Ya know, being a homer, I couldn't help it.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ya know, being a homer, I couldn't help it.
I really wanted the Hawks to draft Ridder last year, thought he was so much better of a prospect than that Malik Willis, Corrall, etc. My first reaction to your post was "hey, this is an NFL thread, not a Seahawks thread", but when I thought about it, there really IS an excellent case for Geno to be the most improved QB in 2023! Just as much as Ridder even. And last I checked the Seahawks were an NFL team too. :)

I think Ridder has the potential to have a Jalen-Hurts-like (lite) jump year over year, and I think Bijian will be a generational talent. Will be fun to watch.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Desmond Ridder didn't look that bad. His receiving corp sucks. I think he has a real chance of being a stable NFL QB.