NFC WEST...2019

xray

Reaction score
I am sure that the Hawks division games this year will be don't miss games . 3 of the 4 teams got better...the lambs stepped back...i don't see a lock here for any team...

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
xray":11cdozes said:
I am sure that the Hawks division games this year will be don't miss games . 3 of the 4 teams got better...the lambs stepped back...i don't see a lock here for any team...

OK...AZ gets Murray and he's good...Jimmy G comes back healthy and stays healthy good QB...then we have Wilson and Goff they both have a score to settle with the PATS... I expect one of the best seasons many of us have seen in many years. :0190l:

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":11pza988 said:

We have one.

Returner tyler lockett seattle seahawks pg 600

Lock It is here.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Kupp coming back alone makes the Rams offense MUCH more dangerous - as dangerous as it was to start the year potentially.

OL changes, we'll have to see - but Sullivan was awful, Saffold good - will be interesting to see how this goes.

Suh was a big part of that league worst run defense, so he's addition by subtraction in the regular season - playoffs will be different but we have to get there first.

Weddle is an upgrade over Joyner.

Kiser over Barron is probably a push right now - again, playoffs will be different but have to get there first.

Henderson might make the offense even more dangerous.

Goff should continue to grow.

All in all I'm confident the Rams got better for the regular season, but will be hard to repeat 13-3.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":jv8urd6d said:
All in all I'm confident the Rams got better for the regular season, but will be hard to repeat 13-3.

I could see the Rams falling back to a 9-10 win team if Belichick exposed Goff in the SB for what he is, a puppet of McVay's playcalling.

I GUARANTEE you every team that plays the Rams this year is going to copy what Belichick did in the SB, wait until McVay sends in the play to Goff, and then continually change the defensive formations confusing the hell out of Goff.

So this could be a very bad year for Goff.........contract year AND teams now having a tactic to neuter his ability to just rely on McVay's playcall and not have to read the defense correctly with less than 10 seconds left on the clock.

The SB loser hangover is a very real thing.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":216epoq4 said:
Ramfan128":216epoq4 said:

I could see the Rams falling back to a 9-10 win team if Belichick exposed Goff in the SB for what he is, a puppet of McVay's playcalling.

I GUARANTEE you every team that plays the Rams this year is going to copy what Belichick did in the SB, wait until McVay sends in the play to Goff, and then continually change the defensive formations confusing the hell out of Goff.

So this could be a very bad year for Goff.........contract year AND teams now having a tactic to neuter his ability to just rely on McVay's playcall and not have to read the defense correctly with less than 10 seconds left on the clock.

I agree about the SB loser hangover - it's no joke. I'm counting on McVay living up to his hype as a HC to overcome that. Not a guarantee.

What Belichick did probably doesn't work nearly as well if we had our best WR. Injuries can happen, but if our three WRs stay healthy, I think Goff will be fine. And that doesn't even account for this being Goff's third year with McVay, so an argument could be made that he will continue to grow. There are countless examples of QBs getting better as they gain experience.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It makes it even more impressive that the Hawks were 1 bad play call (and a great play by Butler) from being back to back champs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1at6me0h said:
Sgt. Largent":1at6me0h said:
Ramfan128":1at6me0h said:

I agree about the SB loser hangover - it's no joke. I'm counting on McVay living up to his hype as a HC to overcome that. Not a guarantee.

What Belichick did probably doesn't work nearly as well if we had our best WR. Injuries can happen, but if our three WRs stay healthy, I think Goff will be fine. And that doesn't even account for this being Goff's third year with McVay, so an argument could be made that he will continue to grow. There are countless examples of QBs getting better as they gain experience.

For sure, it'll be interesting to see if both McVay and Goff can rebound from their poor SB performances.......and while I love Kupp as a player, I don't think you can say he'll solve all of the Rams offensive woes from the SB.

Add in a HUGE question mark with Gurley, and counting on a bunch of old dudes performing and staying healthy on defense. Talib and Peters both missed time last year.............add in Matthews, Weddle and counting on Gaines for Suh? Might be problematic.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have serious doubts about Iupati staying healthy. I still can't figure out why Sweezy left, but that LG position is a worry.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10ss63cs said:
Ramfan128":10ss63cs said:
Sgt. Largent":10ss63cs said:
Ramfan128":10ss63cs said:

For sure, it'll be interesting to see if both McVay and Goff can rebound from their poor SB performances.......and while I love Kupp as a player, I don't think you can say he'll solve all of the Rams offensive woes from the SB.

Add in a HUGE question mark with Gurley, and counting on a bunch of old dudes performing and staying healthy on defense. Talib and Peters both missed time last year.............add in Matthews, Weddle and counting on Gaines for Suh? Might be problematic.

True, I should have pointed out the run game too. That should be better, whether Gurley is healthy or not. Malcolm Brown could rush for over 1000 in this offense, but he was hurt last year too. Henderson is a rookie, but I'm excited to see what he can do.

Watching this defense last year was beyond maddening. They did the job when it mattered for the most part (late in games save for the Saints debacle and in the playoffs) - but they were disappointing in almost every other way when we weren't playing poor offenses. It was astoundingly clear that Talib was the key to Marcus Peters playing good football. Once he came back, Peters played at a near elite level, which includes the playoffs.

Suh was a certifiable disaster. He didn't stuff the stat sheet, but he also didn't flash or do much of anything throughout the season - this is when the "dream team" moniker started to ring true to me. I think a defense needs average players in some cases instead of "stars" - enter Greg Gaines. I know that it sounds crazy, but I really believe if he ends up starting, he will be the main reason our defense actually maintains a top 10 ranking this year. Suh had no interest in playing the run - Gaines only interest would be in playing the run. Adding a full season of Fowler should help too.

Clay Matthews makes three OLB/pass rushers that we will deploy, which I'm happy about - he wasn't great last year so it would not be smart to count on him.

Weddle wasn't great last year either - but what we found out the hard way last year was that LaMarcus Joyner was a black hole in the defense. Just getting him out of here should improve the unit.

The draft this year was about adding depth across the board on defense, in the event that Talib, Weddle, or another key guy goes down. I think the team is a lot deeper this year than we were last.

This is the Seahawk forum and I didn't mean to go into so much detail - and I'm definitely not trying to say that the NFCW won't be competitive. But I am excited to see the Rams field what I think will be a better football team next year, even if it results in a worse record overall.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":346xbsoh said:
This is the Seahawk forum and I didn't mean to go into so much detail - and I'm definitely not trying to say that the NFCW won't be competitive. But I am excited to see the Rams field what I think will be a better football team next year, even if it results in a worse record overall.

The thread title is NFC West, no worries.

I'm with others, I think this is going to be one of the most competitive divisions in the NFL. Rams should remain good, and IMO the Hawks, Cards and Niners are better than last year.

It doesn't bode well for whatever team wins the west, as I think it'll be a blood bath with the division winner maybe getting to 11 or 12 wins. But it should be entertaining as hell to watch.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't think the division is that good. The 49ers and Cards should fall somewhere between 4-8 wins barring miracle work from their largely unproven QBs. The Rams caught more breaks than any team this decade last season, does it happen again? I doubt it. The division will ultimately come down to whether Seattle can replace Baldwin and Clark's production, and whether the Rams can keep up their relatively historic offensive pace. Unlike last season, the Rams don't have a massive edge in overall talent, so my money is on the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":3ja4fyq9 said:
I don't think the division is that good. The 49ers and Cards should fall somewhere between 4-8 wins barring miracle work from their largely unproven QBs. The Rams caught more breaks than any team this decade last season, does it happen again? I doubt it. The division will ultimately come down to whether Seattle can replace Baldwin and Clark's production, and whether the Rams can keep up their relatively historic offensive pace. Unlike last season, the Rams don't have a massive edge in overall talent, so my money is on the Seahawks.

If the bottom two teams in your division are 7-8 game winners? That's a very good division, because it means they got to those 7-8 wins by beating the better teams in and outside their division.

If you've got a 13-14 game winner in your division, that means there's at least two teams that flat out stink. i.e. How the Patriots win every single year, playing in a dumpster fire division.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rams and Hawks should both still be really good. IF pretty boy stays healthy, the Niners should be much better. Pretty good division imo.

Largent80

Reaction score
Nobody can predict what will happen in the offseason with any merit. One can look at personnel, but injuries make a lot of that moot and are also unpredictable.

Seattle looks good on Offense, D is still questionable. Rams are a question mark. They failed miserably when it counted and that is going to have a negative affect. AZ.???? who knows, rookie QB. SF?....GQ is the starter?....

This is ripe for the Hawks to take.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":amaunajo said:
knownone":amaunajo said:

If the bottom two teams in your division are 7-8 game winners? That's a very good division, because it means they got to those 7-8 wins by beating the better teams in and outside their division.

If you've got a 13-14 game winner in your division, that means there's at least two teams that flat out stink. i.e. How the Patriots win every single year, playing in a dumpster fire division.
Sure, but that's not what I am saying. I don't believe both the 49ers and Cards will end up in the 7-8 win range. I think their overall records will swing dependent on each other. In a simplistic sense, the mean outcome would be both teams winning 6 games. So in the scenario where one team wins 7-8 games, the most likely outcome is the other team winning 4-5. IMO, our division is pretty average relative to the rest of the league.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mm97koq said:
Rams and Hawks should both still be really good. IF pretty boy stays healthy, the Niners should be much better. Pretty good division imo.

Laff at me if you want...the 49ers might very well be a strong opponent this season...in fact I think that they worry me more than the lambs...IMO

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
xray":19qb8xwb said:
SoulfishHawk":19qb8xwb said:

Laff at me if you want...the 49ers might very well be a strong opponent this season...in fact I think that they worry me more than the lambs...IMO

HA HA HA :irishdrinkers: