Tremendous opportunity

LTH

Reaction score
To me, I think most of the issue of the Seahawks offensive woes are because the O line isn't playing well. Lucas is coming back and that is huge!

Yes, Geno needs to get the ball out quicker and yes Waldron needs to be more creative in the passing game and he needs to run the ball more.

I'm not worried about the D.

All of these things are correctable. I think Pete Carroll steps in and helps Waldron fix these issues.

It's really not as bad as what people think. The Seahawks have the talent to make this happen. I still believe that the Seahawks have the talent to play with every team in the NFL. Now it's just a matter of utilizing that talent to take advantage of a very unique OPPORTUNITY in the next 3 games. That's the way they should be looking at this, A huge OPPORTUNITY !

A 49er loss to the Eagles, and a Seahawk win vs Dallas puts us right back in a huge game in SF in running For the division.

Here is the thing. Many are down on Waldron and Carroll. The season is not over yet. These big games are what define this season, what has defined Carroll as a head coach his whole career. Carroll is all about working through adversity.

If you think about it, this season has all the makings for an epic, and I mean epic, comeback. The Seahawks are underdogs , the writing is on the wall. We have seen Carroll at his best in this type of situation.

Don't give up now!

If they lose these next three games they probably will not make the playoffs. But what happens if they win 2 out of the next three? I know at this point most believe it's not possible, but the truth is, it is POSSIBLE!

If they can pull that off then where will they be? If the Niners lose to Philly and the Hawks can find a way to win against Dallas and beat SF in SF, they would be tied for first place in the NFC west with a favorable schedule down the stretch. The Seahawks will have played the toughest teams in the NFL and that looks really good going into the playoffs.

If they dont, then we can talk about coaching changes and what ever the off season brings at the END of the season.

Pete, this is your time to SHINE or FADE (pun intended)

ALWAYS COMPETE
NEVER GIVE UP
BE WHO YOU ARE
BELIEVE AND F@CKING FIGHT TILL THE LAST MAN!

AM I the Only one who has not given up?

LTH

Aircrew

Reaction score
To me, I think most of the issue of the Seahawks offensive woes are because the O line isn't playing well. Lucas is coming back and that is huge!

Yes, Geno needs to get the ball out quicker and yes Waldron needs to be more creative in the passing game and he needs to run the ball more.

I'm not worried about the D.

All of these things are correctable. I think Pete Carroll steps in and helps Waldron fix these issues.

It's really not as bad as what people think. The Seahawks have the talent to make this happen. I still believe that the Seahawks have the talent to play with every team in the NFL. Now it's just a matter of utilizing that talent to take advantage of a very unique OPPORTUNITY in the next 3 games. That's the way they should be looking at this, A huge OPPORTUNITY !

A 49er loss to the Eagles, and a Seahawk win vs Dallas puts us right back in a huge game in SF in running For the division.

Here is the thing. Many are down on Waldron and Carroll. The season is not over yet. These big games are what define this season, what has defined Carroll as a head coach his whole career. Carroll is all about working through adversity.

If you think about it, this season has all the makings for an epic, and I mean epic, comeback. The Seahawks are underdogs , the writing is on the wall. We have seen Carroll at his best in this type of situation.

Don't give up now!

If they lose these next three games they probably will not make the playoffs. But what happens if they win 2 out of the next three? I know at this point most believe it's not possible, but the truth is, it is POSSIBLE!

If they can pull that off then where will they be? If the Niners lose to Philly and the Hawks can find a way to win against Dallas and beat SF in SF, they would be tied for first place in the NFC west with a favorable schedule down the stretch. The Seahawks will have played the toughest teams in the NFL and that looks really good going into the playoffs.

If they dont, then we can talk about coaching changes and what ever the off season brings at the END of the season.

Pete, this is your time to SHINE or FADE (pun intended)

ALWAYS COMPETE
NEVER GIVE UP
BE WHO YOU ARE
BELIEVE AND F@CKING FIGHT TILL THE LAST MAN!

AM I the Only one who has not given up?

LTH
So, in your previous life, what instrument did you play in the band on the Titanic?

Kidding.

I'm not a quitter, I'll always stand by our Hawks (hell, I'm GOING to the game Thursday). I am, however, a realist and my optimism is currently at Jim Mora Jr. era levels.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I will always root for the hawks and never want to "suck for XXXX". IMO, that breeds a losing mentality, demoralizes the team and just doesn't feel right.

However, I have learned to temper expectations when warranted to reduce stress in my life. As Aros said, if they lose this week...my expecations will drop to "we may or may not be in the playoffs...may lose in 1st round and will not sniff a SB...just ride the season out". If we win and do it in a way that our O doesn't give me agita and the D can hold points under a reasonable number...maybe I allow some hope to re-enter.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The edge of the cliff is here now.

With 6 games to go the team will need to man up and scratch out a W or two or face a 6 and 6 record and the strong likelihood of 6-8 and little likelihood of a playoff spot.

Dallas on the road, San Francisco on the road, and Philadelphia at home now upcoming are 3 reasons for confidence not being high.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
No one has, down deep, a lot of confidence going into the Thursday game. But, the way to approach this is to put yourself into the position of being one of our players. You CANNOT have a negative attitude. And I'm 100% positive each and every one of them perceives they/we have a solid chance to win every game. I suffer that same outlook.
The third quarter of the Niner's game tells me all I need to know in order to believe we've got a shot if our offense can find their way to execute and be effective.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The edge of the cliff is here now.

With 6 games to go the team will need to man up and scratch out a W or two or face a 6 and 6 record and the strong likelihood of 6-8 and little likelihood of a playoff spot.

Dallas on the road, San Francisco on the road, and Philadelphia at home now upcoming are 3 reasons for confidence not being high.
Pete Carroll has made a career out of proving people wrong! This is EXACTLY the type of situation in which he shines. If it doesn't happen then we have to ask that question. But until that day, I refuse not to believe because I know who Pete Carroll is! I'm NOT going to give up until that big fat lady sings!

Join me people! Time to get on it!!

LTH

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I actually have a brand-new old school Seahawks t-shirt and a brand-new new school Seahawks hat (from the Pro Shop, shipped here to Norfolk VA where I am for the next 3 weeks) to wear for watching this game. I've only had my old black Seahawks hat since I got here in August, and it's never provided any luck for any game I've worn it for since I got it years ago. I feel like we can't lose with my change of Seahawks gear... :cool:

As they say, it's only weird if it doesn't work!

Hawknight

Reaction score
So, in your previous life, what instrument did you play in the band on the Titanic?

Kidding.

I'm not a quitter, I'll always stand by our Hawks (hell, I'm GOING to the game Thursday). I am, however, a realist and my optimism is currently at Jim Mora Jr. era levels.

Wow..that's pretty low...welcome to the cellar with the rest of us! :p

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've never once watched a game with a 100 percent assumption they would lose, not how I'm wired. I'd rather have hope. Not that the doom and gloom is wrong, we just all look at it our own way. My confidence is pretty damn low, for now. But any given day, a team can be knocked off.

Jim Mora Jr. level? Hell no :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Can't have a negative attitude, huh. I'm not sure I understand how I'm supposed to be happy when we're down multiple scores.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I actually have a brand-new old school Seahawks t-shirt and a brand-new new school Seahawks hat (from the Pro Shop, shipped here to Norfolk VA where I am for the next 3 weeks) to wear for watching this game. I've only had my old black Seahawks hat since I got here in August, and it's never provided any luck for any game I've worn it for since I got it years ago. I feel like we can't lose with my change of Seahawks gear... :cool:

As they say, it's only weird if it doesn't work!
Nice. I have a friend who is obsessed with the hat and shirt or jersey have to match era's. Screw that, no rules.
I purposely mix it up when he's around. Old school hat, new school jersey. It's just too easy...........

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO the Hawks had two must win games during this gauntlet of games. The Rams and Cowboys, because the Niners and Eagles are the class of the conference.

We've already lost must win game #1, so they better be damn well treating Thursday Night like the Superbowl. Everyone's playing, no caution whatsoever. This is it. Lose and you're looking at 6-8 and no playoffs and your entire roster and staff is up for turnover and scrutiny.

I hope everyone in that building from top to bottom feels this.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Nice. I have a friend who is obsessed with the hat and shirt or jersey have to match era's. Screw that, no rules.
I purposely mix it up when he's around. Old school hat, new school jersey. It's just too easy...........

My Seahawks leather letterman's-style jacket is from just before the Nike era, and that's here as well. I think I have the eras pretty much covered!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for them as hard as anyone else and yes Seattle has at times shocked everyone and won games they shouldn't. I hope you're right though and they prove all of us wrong.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think the wheels have already fallen off and they get blown out Thursday.