Nice Win But......

balakoth

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yw7ggpq said:
Pete had never won a game like this since the SB loss. With plenty of chances.

And Norton, one of our biggest weaknesses all year, ended up being the hero in a game against a team that almost always had our number. On a day that Wilson struggled all game.

This is the biggest win for this team since the SB loss happened.

Besides 2016 and very other references?

YOu are the most negative human aside from a few on this forum and game day chat..

I'm a pessimist but you are just a turd

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Hawks only won because Goff hurt his thumb on Mayowa's helmet. Without that, the Rams score 2 TDs in the 4th qtr and win. Plus Hawks got lucky when Adams tackled the RB on 1st down at the 1 and back got injured to boot. Then the Seattle grounds crew had sprayed down the turf before that series to cause Rams players to slip out. That's the only reason the Rams didn't score a TD there. Seahawks also got lucky with timely Rams injuries. Pretty sure I saw the Rams medical staff on the phone with New York before both injuries. Makes me think the fix was in, the Rams medical staff were in on this somehow. Rams are so broke after paying Goff that even their medical staff can be bribed. :pukeface:

Do I really need to say, :sarcasm_off: ? I was reaching and reaching for anything. Terrific win on both sides of the ball over a really good Rams team. The many fine Rams fans on this forum wouldn't even attempt to argue the fake BS I was spewing.

Goff's injured hand was a factor though. That would be a sorta-fair "yeah-but"; it got injured as a result of pressure by the Seahawks D, with Benson Mayowa hustling to get in Goff's face.

I expect this very good Rams team to win next week and be in the playoffs. Much respect to them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
balakoth":1pbvoczt said:
TwistedHusky":1pbvoczt said:
Pete had never won a game like this since the SB loss. With plenty of chances.

And Norton, one of our biggest weaknesses all year, ended up being the hero in a game against a team that almost always had our number. On a day that Wilson struggled all game.

This is the biggest win for this team since the SB loss happened.

Besides 2016 and very other references?

YOu are the most negative human aside from a few on this forum and game day chat..

I'm a pessimist but you are just a turd

PLease...turds have feelings too. :rumble:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s funny that the sunshine pumpers think those of us with concerns about the team aren’t happy when we win. I am.

When we perform poorly I don’t go after other fans on this board that don’t agree with me. I comment on players, coaching, drafting and performance. I suppose I could do it your way and call you out by name after we lose our next game. I could make fun of the “Pete and Russ can do no wrong” crowd.

The week to week fan bashing is too tiring. I prefer the detailed discussion but there are too many children here.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":yd32snqw said:
It’s funny that the sunshine pumpers think those of us with concerns about the team aren’t happy when we win. I am.

When we perform poorly I don’t go after other fans on this board that don’t agree with me. I comment on players, coaching, drafting and performance. I suppose I could do it your way and call you out by name after we lose our next game. I could make fun of the “Pete and Russ can do no wrong” crowd.

The week to week fan bashing is too tiring. I prefer the detailed discussion but there are too many children here.

Tis why I kinda keep out of here. I am tired of the lack of intelligent conversation. I also have work and fishing to do.

cymatica

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone can say lucky. It was a damn good defensive game and Goff turned it over when under pressure. Legion of Norton showed up

D

DomeHawk

It's the freaking NFL, it's hard to get a win. Most of these players weren't just the best players on their team in HS and college but probably the best players in their entire region. These are world class elite athletes. If you are winning with any kind of consistency at this level, you are pretty gawd-damned savvy.

Having said that, the players and coaches are only human and make mistakes. That, and their achievements, give us mere mortals something to talk about here. Pretty fun if you ask me.

themunn

Reaction score
nanomoz":1yvpdosl said:
Russ got away with what should have been two awful INTs.

Maybe. But so did Goff.

Shoulda
Coulda
Woulda

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":kw2j9cfp said:

Is there such thing as a "sunshine pumper" when the team is 11-4 and just won the division?

I dont think thats pumping sunshine, I think thats....just......reality. This is a fantastic football team. Again. Enjoy it

8)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":13bfcx5b said:
Pete needs to have his challenge flag taken away.

:ditto: Yes! They need a designated challenge flag thief to secretly take the flag from Pete when he's not paying attention.

He went full on Hingle Mccringleberry today with that flag on that goalline fumble. I was screaming "No Pete! Don't do it!" And then he pump faked a couple times, then threw the flag. :shock: :oops: :evil:

renofox

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2fjxh6fk said:
Pete needs to have his challenge flag taken away.

Maybe it was strategic?

I remember a game or two ago he made a stupid challenge, but the D was gassed at the time and they then made the stop afterwards. Several in the gameday forum agreed that he was probably going to call a timeout anyway to rest/reset the D so maybe it wasn't bad because challenge gives more time than a timeout.

Today, again, the D had a chance to rest/reset and they made the stop.

idk but maybe there is a method to the madness?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Still wanting to see a complete game by both sides of the ball.

Defense won this game.

Anemic stalled offense on most drives.

Nothing wrong with wanting to get better.

Nice win to get the division against a good Rams team.

But must improve to go on a run.

And that is facts!

sutz

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":n2tnhgdq said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!
Perhaps our offense was "anemic" because we were playing a top 3 defense. :34853_doh:

TOPHawk

Reaction score
To me, today was the closest this team has been to the 2013/2014 teams. It's still missing a little Marshawn and some pass rush...but, still, this defense was flying around today. Russ made big throws when he had to. Carson popped off a couple of runs in the 4th quarter when it counted.

Today was a good day and will boost confidence in the locker room.

renofox

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2sphl7an said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL

stat / vs Seahawks
yards allowed 286.1 / 292
passing 192.0 / 197
rushing 94.1 / 95
points allowed 19.2 / 21

Even with RW playing well below his ability, the Seahawks exceeded the Rams averages.

It was, sorta, a complete game on both sides.

But I agree, the Offense (especially RW) needs to get back into form to have a good chance at a run. I think it's happening.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
sutz":1qh9xplx said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1qh9xplx said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!
Perhaps our offense was "anemic" because we were playing a top 3 defense. :34853_doh:

Idk I agree with boom for once. Maybe not the specific word of anemic, but the offense could definitely improve period. Rams do the same thing..
every game...every time we play them. Also, dk could try harder to get to balls, oline could pass block better, russ could have hit a couple recievers he didnt. Why do we just forget that throwing to Carson works? Offensive problem. Not jus one man on a team.

Defense played well as a whole, but had a few slip ups here and there. Goff had a few drives he just moved them down the field with ease. It was scary watching goff seem elite level. Which we know he is not.

At the bottom of the entire problem is what is causing all these arguments on this site. If the offense can just turn it on in the 3rd or 4th quarter...with little or no time left like its freaking effortless offense...why dont they do it the whole game and just gas a team? They can do it. We have seen it several times this year. Do it a whole game please and settle all these hawks naysayers down.

Latest posts