Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":ek4xcmjq said:
I think I've created a monster. :laugh:

:les:

Nope Steve, the monster has always been here. You just gave it a name. :lol:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
To win anything in the post-season, we'll need to be more like the Chiefs who, today, scored 17 points against the soaring and red-hot Atlanta Falcons.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3u3rg51t said:
To win anything in the post-season, we'll need to be more like the Chiefs who, today, scored 17 points against the soaring and red-hot Atlanta Falcons.
That couldn't possibly be right. The Chiefs never score less than 35 and certainly never win by less than 14 pts. They definitely haven't one their last 7 games by less one score. That never happened.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":26pw1ywi said:
You did not use the proper mix on the wings. I did not either. I did things wrong. I will make up for it. So sorrry.
Come on man! You know better than that! :sarcasm_off: 8)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2blnl7wf said:

Remember the other part of the game plan, from the Chiefs win over the Falcons, is to have the other team's normally reliable kicker miss a short game-tying field goal. Hey, it worked for us against the Rams last year.

beaumaris

Reaction score
nwHawk":3uoyax29 said:
Hockey Guy":3uoyax29 said:
Okay, I'll start it.

All the detractors can come in here & tell us how we were lucky to win.

You play to win the game. Congrats Pete and the Seahawks for another Division Championship. Defense was lights out.

:2thumbs:
And that is all that needs to be said. :2thumbs:

thegameq

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2ufvdn40 said:
sutz":2ufvdn40 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ufvdn40 said:
Still wanting to see a complete game by both sides of the ball.

Defense won this game.

Anemic stalled offense on most drives.

Nothing wrong with wanting to get better.

Nice win to get the division against a good Rams team.

But must improve to go on a run.

And that is facts!
Perhaps our offense was "anemic" because we were playing a top 3 defense. :34853_doh:

Idk I agree with boom for once. Maybe not the specific word of anemic, but the offense could definitely improve period. Rams do the same thing..
every game...every time we play them. Also, dk could try harder to get to balls, oline could pass block better, russ could have hit a couple recievers he didnt. Why do we just forget that throwing to Carson works? Offensive problem. Not jus one man on a team.

Defense played well as a whole, but had a few slip ups here and there. Goff had a few drives he just moved them down the field with ease. It was scary watching goff seem elite level. Which we know he is not.

At the bottom of the entire problem is what is causing all these arguments on this site. If the offense can just turn it on in the 3rd or 4th quarter...with little or no time left like its freaking effortless offense...why dont they do it the whole game and just gas a team? They can do it. We have seen it several times this year. Do it a whole game please and settle all these hawks naysayers down.

Pete Carroll simply does not want to play that way. Too much risk involved. It is what it is at this point. Hopefully we won't have to dig out of a hole and play catchup to the Saints or Green Bay in the playoffs.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3g27gdz2 said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

You didn't write a single fact. Literally every single thing you posted here is an opinion.

Here's a fact. The Rams have the number 1 defense in the NFL by yards per game, and the number 3 defense in the NFL by points per game.

I'd like to see the offense play better too, but lets maybe acknowledge that we were playing a very good defense that played very well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Please don't use 2016 as an example of any kind of accomplishment.

Yes, we 'won' the division but we were nothing but a glorified wildcard team that year.

It is easy to forget we won the division that year because the only playoff game win we could muster was against a hapless Lions team that hadn't won a playoff game since what seemed like 1847. When we played a real playoff game against a playoff caliber opponent, we looked like we did not even belong on the same field. We basically lost the game by halftime.

2016 should be considered a mental block by every Seahawk fan because it was an abysmal failure as a 'playoff team' on every level. We looked like a laughingstock.

Let's focus on this last game potentially showing this team and Carroll have turned a corner on some of his godawful tendencies in key games. The coming out flat thing still happened. But he seems to have released his tendency to turtle up once he has any kind of lead.

That is a positive.

I am hoping that the decision not to try to milk the clock to nurse a slim lead, but instead actually attempt to score (and do so!) means this team has turned a corner. That overly conservative version of PeteBall that has screwed this team in the playoffs and key games since our SB loss might finally be dead. Hopefully.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chapow":2e10bxos said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2e10bxos said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

You didn't write a single fact. Literally every single thing you posted here is an opinion.

Here's a fact. The Rams have the number 1 defense in the NFL by yards per game, and the number 3 defense in the NFL by points per game.

I'd like to see the offense play better too, but lets maybe acknowledge that we were playing a very good defense that played very well.
Okay, I’ll give you some facts.

The game against Miami (playoff bound team) is the best all around a game Seattle put up.

W 31-23 Wilson 360 pass yards Carson 80 yards Metcalf 106 yards

This is the most complete game by both sides of the ball for the Seahawks.

Number 1 defense or not, the offense needs to put up better numbers than what they did yesterday if they want to win 2-3 games in playoffs.

You can’t win a lot of games against playoff teams if you are not effective on offense.

Number 1 defense or not, Wilson has been struggling and is in a slump right now.

He needs to pick up his game.

I would like to see a complete game, offensively and defensively against winning teams.

There still good NFC teams out there Seattle needs to bring their A game to beat.

Green Bay and New Orleans are still a tough outing for Seattle.

Seattle needs their offense to click cause it has not been and this is before the loss against the Giants.

If the defense is now coming together, the offense needs to regroup and return back to prominence as well.

LTH

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":22e6l7mk said:
Chapow":22e6l7mk said:
TheLegendOfBoom":22e6l7mk said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

The game against Miami (playoff bound team) is the best all around a game Seattle put up.

Number 1 defense or not, the offense needs to put up better numbers than what they did yesterday if they want to win 2-3 games in playoffs.

You can’t win a lot of games against playoff teams if you are not effective on offense.

Number 1 defense or not, Wilson has been struggling and is in a slump right now.

I would like to see a complete game, offensively and defensively against winning teams.

There still good NFC teams out there Seattle needs to bring their A game to beat.

Seattle needs their offense to click cause it has not been and this is before the loss against the Giants.

If the defense is now coming together, the offense needs to regroup and return back to prominence as well.

Who is to say that the Hawks can not win a shootout with NO or GB or anybody else for that matter? They don't need to score 37 points to beat the Rams the only thing that does is give the Rams a chance for there D to make plays... better to be conservative and play the percentages and score just what you need to be comfortable..

Just my take

LTH

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1vmchc1t said:
Chapow":1vmchc1t said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1vmchc1t said:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

You see I dont agree he has been struggling as of late, though he did earlier.

in his last 5 games he has posted over 90 Qb rating in 3 of them. and in fact has only been below 90 4 times this year.

I guess it depends on is you are comparing to his first5 games, or to what PC wants him to do. These are 2 different things, and 2 different offenses.

Nunya

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3t0upbyn said:

I would bet that there are 31 other NFL teams that wishes to see both their Offense and Defense play a complete game....in that same game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Figured it would still be NWBS on here today. But overall, it's a little better than expected.
This is gonna' be a long week for the Doom and Gloomers, and there are many. And the same ones are probably bummed the team WON, again :?

5-5, yeah, the worst they can do is 5 losses on the SEASON. That one is an all time classic.
Fire Pete and John
Russ sucks
Trade Bobby
This defense will never play well against a good offense
This team can't beat the Rams
This team "rarely" wins big games
blah blah blah blah blah
Doom and gloom is a complete waste of energy, but the Hawks keep winning, and it gets more fun every week.

Thoughts and prayers to those who blatantly refuse to give credit where it's due and/or admit they were wrong :irishdrinkers:

notyou

Reaction score
I see people giving credit. I also see people pointing out actual flaws. I see those things from the same person. All of you that can't survive without berating others for pointing out actual flaws, are worse than the "doom & gloomers" that point out actual flaws.
Coming in and telling everyone they suck as fans because they can't enjoy a win, are getting annoying. Maybe get off your high horse, quit being passive aggressive towards people that don't post everything you want to hear. The way you act on here is as if the Seahawks have played every game perfectly, with zero errors and if someone disagrees with that, they aren't a true fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Your opinion, and that's cool. And you clearly don't know me at all if you think I am not critical of the team when it's needed. That defense was horrific the first half of the year, no sugar coating it. I was right there with everyone else in my frustration.
Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, everyone does it. We all know when the team is playing bad football. It's the bashing of them 24/7 that just has worn on some of us. And it kind of just takes away the desire to come in here more than a couple days a week. But, there is also nothing wrong with believing in your team. 24/7 doom and gloom is a waste of energy, that's MY opinion. If you don't like it, that's ok. We can agree to disagree.
Fan how you want.

notyou

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1um0b8fv said:
Your opinion, and that's cool. And you clearly don't know me at all if you think I am not critical of the team when it's needed. That defense was horrific the first half of the year, no sugar coating it. I was right there with everyone else in my frustration.
Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, everyone does it. We all know when the team is playing bad football. It's the bashing of them 24/7 that just has worn on some of us. And it kind of just takes away the desire to come in here more than a couple days a week. But, there is also nothing wrong with believing in your team. 24/7 doom and gloom is a waste of energy, that's MY opinion. If you don't like it, that's ok. We can agree to disagree.
Fan how you want.
I see some on here that do the exact same thing to anyone that points out a flaw in the team. Those people are no better than the ones they are berating for having a "negative" opinion.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
notyou":2abwz465 said:
I see people giving credit. I also see people pointing out actual flaws. I see those things from the same person. All of you that can't survive without berating others for pointing out actual flaws, are worse than the "doom & gloomers" that point out actual flaws.
Coming in and telling everyone they suck as fans because they can't enjoy a win, are getting annoying. Maybe get off your high horse, quit being passive aggressive towards people that don't post everything you want to hear. The way you act on here is as if the Seahawks have played every game perfectly, with zero errors and if someone disagrees with that, they aren't a true fan.

What an absolute crock this is. There's not 1 poster on here who wasn't really concerned about the defense earlier this year. I'm still concerned about them. Nobody thinks they were playing well let alone "perfectly". They stunk & everybody knows it.

Serious question, explain to me how you have a discussion about coaching when there are several posters on this board who have posted verbatim that they want Pete Carroll fired & they do not care if the move works out. They are just ready for a change.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'm cool with 11 wins. Of course I enjoyed the Jets game and I enjoyed the last two games. We put up some points against a couple of the top Ds and did a good job keeping them out of the end zone. Boy, we have had some trouble with the Rams. We just beat them pretty soundly. Not a blowout. I think we had another score coming were it not for the penalty called on Metcalf after the running first down. Surprised we couldn't come up with a fumble at midfield. Not really worth worrying about all that now. I like that we haven't had Russ cook as much of late. I don't think Russ could take all the hits that go along with that. I like that Russ can use Metcalf as the main target but finds Hollister and Moore and others. Carson is a great runner, but I am glad they haven't been overusing him. Wow. Are special teams are great. Liking Reed as a return man. Could be that Cedric guy is getting better as a lineman. Enjoying the ride right now very much!

Latest posts