No first round bye would be a failure

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Who knows man. Before last year noone saw SF doing what they did.

Same with Tennessee and Baltimore to a degree. The NFL is a crap shoot every year.

richp01

Reaction score
Aros":18ci7wmk said:
The OP's opinion that anything less than being the NFC Champ and getting the sole first-round bye would be "a failure" is pretty darn unreasonable.

There's really no point in watching professional football if this is one's attitude; if there can be no enjoyment and only failure with really unlikely events it's almost always going to end in hate and discontent. Unless being miserable is your thing, I guess.

As a diehard 12 since 1976, I have certainly felt every single human emotion possible each Seahawks season. If there is one thing I have learned in all my 51 trips around the Sun is that at the end of the day, it's just entertainment. Win or lose, don't let it define your life. Enjoy the game for what it is. Hope for the best, enjoy and savor each victory but don't beat the wife and kick the dog over frustrating losses. Of course the 23-year-old version of me is looking at the 51-year-old version of me and saying SHUT UP OLD MAN!! THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH!

Perspective. :2thumbs:
I agree 100%. After my 50 trips around the sun I feel the same way. I also know my 20 something self would tell me to shut up!..