Nothing you could do about that

hoxrox

Reaction score
He always seems to bring his A game when playing Seattle too.

bluengreen

Reaction score
There is something that could have been done. I have noticed this in previous games as well so now I am paying attention.

At the goal line we often choose slow developing plays that start well behind the line of scrimmage. In this case we were on the 5. Charbonnet received the pichback around the 14 yard line and only made it back to the 10. If he had been handed the ball at the 6 and got four yards from where he got the ball it would have been a completely different play.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There is something that could have been done. I have noticed this in previous games as well so now I am paying attention.

At the goal line we often choose slow developing plays that start well behind the line of scrimmage. In this case we were on the 5. Charbonnet received the pichback around the 14 yard line and only made it back to the 10. If he had been handed the ball at the 6 and got four yards from where he got the ball it would have been a completely different play.
Yeah, could've been mitigated with playcalling. I guess I was thinking more about on-field execution.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I just don’t understand 2 plays to zach. He’s not even my 6th option in the chain of who i would dial up for a knock out punch there.

cymatica

Reaction score

I really hate playcalls like that near the goal line.

renofox

Reaction score

Yes, our redzone playcalling still needs a lot of work.

Maybe try using TEs in the redzone. naaaaah

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Your OP says nothing could've been done about it.

Blocking Donald on a toss play would've benefited the result of that play.

The typical shoulder shrug and acceptance of defeat when playing the Rams and other teams explains a lot of issues this franchise has.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I just don’t understand 2 plays to zach. He’s not even my 6th option in the chain of who i would dial up for a knock out punch there.
I like running the ball with Zach. I don't like calling tosses against the premier toss-wrecker in football.

Xxx

Reaction score

The typical shoulder shrug and acceptance of defeat when playing the Rams and other teams explains a lot of issues this franchise has.
Donald made Evan brown look like he was standing still

renofox

Reaction score
1-2 yards from the goal line. YES (unless your Waldron).

9-10 yards from the goal line. NO (unless you're Waldron).

Overall, LOVE the offensive playcalling today, but c'mon Shane.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

My analysis as a fan has absolutely nothing to do with the issues this franchise has. Aaron Donald isn't especially blockable. Most have failed when trying, which is why he is seen as the greatest defensive player in the past couple of decades of football.

A simplistic "hmm, maybe we should block the guy who is known to be the hardest person to block in the world, perhaps of all time" isn't exactly a groundbreaking revelation, is my point.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I understand he's difficult to block. That's not my point. The fact that not one lineman put a hand on him, allowing him a free entry into the backfield, is what allowed him to chase the play down.

It was a poorly executed play. However if Donald was at least paid attention to by one of the linemen, the potential success of that play would've dramatically increased.

Xxx

Reaction score
My analysis as a fan has absolutely nothing to do with the issues this franchise has. Aaron Donald isn't especially blockable. Most have failed when trying, which is why he is seen as the greatest defensive player in the past couple of decades of football.

A simplistic "hmm, maybe we should block the guy who is known to be the hardest person to block in the world, perhaps of all time" isn't exactly a groundbreaking revelation, is my point.
I am pretty sure they intended to block him, he just told them no though

Xxx

Reaction score
I understand he's difficult to block. That's not my point. The fact that not one lineman put a hand on him, allowing him a free entry into the backfield, is what allowed him to chase the play down.

It was a poorly executed play. However if Donald was at least paid attention to by one of the linemen, the potential success of that play would've dramatically increased.
It was a sick stiff arm from stiff Armstrong though

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I can't believe he's still fast enough to shoot that gap and run stride for stride with Charbonnet like that.