6 days to game day. Quandre Diggs currently sports #6 jersey for the Seahawks -

But before him Clipboard Jesus (aka Charlie Whitehurst) wore it -

BASF

Reaction score
6 days to game day. Quandre Diggs currently sports #6 jersey for the Seahawks -
View attachment 60470

But before him Clipboard Jesus (aka Charlie Whitehurst) wore it -
View attachment 60471
I will never forget the disappointment I felt when Whitehurst stepped to the line, reading the defense and called his cadence for several seconds. He called for the snap then dropped back and started to scan the field for about three seconds. Somehow, it escaped his attention that there was no db lined up on the right side of the field until the safety was already on his way over to make a play. All he had to do was read it presnap and it would have been an easy touchdown, but alas, Charlie did not have that talent. We won the game, but those several seconds of missing the read presnap and then to not see it for at least three seconds ended my hope that we might have found a worthy replacement for Hass.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I will never forget the disappointment I felt when Whitehurst stepped to the line, reading the defense and called his cadence for several seconds. He called for the snap then dropped back and started to scan the field for about three seconds. Somehow, it escaped his attention that there was no db lined up on the right side of the field until the safety was already on his way over to make a play. All he had to do was read it presnap and it would have been an easy touchdown, but alas, Charlie did not have that talent. We won the game, but those several seconds of missing the read presnap and then to not see it for at least three seconds ended my hope that we might have found a worthy replacement for Hass.
Yeah...but you can't argue with his clipboard holding talent. He's a true hall of famer.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
The best QB to ever wear a Seahawks uniform by a landslide.

View attachment 60493
So many different emotions behind this guy for me.

Love him for the Trophy but don’t give him all the credit either.

I’m glad we drafted him, I’m glad he had the success he did. I respect what he did on the field for the Seahawks and our fan base.

I’ll just claim “tainted love” and leave it at that.

It saddens me that so many of my favorites over the years have departed under less than perfect circumstances.

Earl, Hutch etc

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I understand but I don’t for a minute let the way the last year or two went down taint my feelings for what he represented and accomplished when he was here for the bulk of his career here. He was magnificent. Corny, cringy at times but boy was he incredible at his peak. I’ll never forget that. Ever.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It's BLUE FRIDAY!
Just two days to the first Seahawks game of the 2023 season.
Seahawks uniform number 2 is currently being used by Drew Lock.
The player who did the most with it is... I guess Todd Peterson, just because he was around for five seasons ('95-'99).
Still, I'm gonna use a pic of a recent player, D.J. Reed, who used the number in 2021.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Seahawks uniform number 1 is currently being used by D'Wayne Eskridge.

Moon is probably the one who produced the most value using that uniform number, but if anyone's close, it's the first player who comes to mind when I think of Seahawks uniform number 1: Efren Herrera.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m a tad early but ya know what, it’s Sunday some place and that brings us down to the end of our 2023 GameDay countdown.

Strangely enough, this year we actually have a #0.
It happens to be a guy most of us are hoping will have a significant impact.

Drafted in the first round (10th overall) of the 2019 draft by the Squealers.

Devin Bush #0

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2075.jpeg
    IMG_2075.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome thread! Thanks to everyone who contributed and Lon for getting the engine started but it’s time to unsticky. GO HAWKS!!!!