Officiating is so bad, I quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I've been a HUGE football fan for over 50 years, and a Hawks fan for over 20 years. I just can't take it anymore. For 3 seasons now, the Seahawks get screwed on calls all game long, and the refs just let every violation by the opposition slide. Today was a blatant exhibition of officiating bias against the Hawks. Every time the Hawks made a good play, it gets called back. Every time the Saints are up against 3rd down and they fail, the refs throw flags against the Hawks. It's pretty easy to succeed on 3rd down when you get two shots at it almost every time. Even when I watch games that I don't care about this year, the refs make it unbearable. They choose a team that they "help" to lose the game or they throw so many flags that I just can't watch anymore. It's become so ridiculously blatant that I just can't take it any longer. I am officially joining the 15% of football fans that stopped watching games this year. I'M DONE NFL...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

OpHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking strongly about this. It's getting too hard to support the NFL and their product anymore. That was one of the most one-sided officiated games I have ever seen. It's too much stress and frustration and simply isn't necessary.

bandiger

Reaction score
I pretty much quit watching most Seahawks games, they are too ugly and sometimes infuriatingly close where officiating becomes a huge factor in how the game ends.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Willyeye":q0o5bzwo said:
I've been a HUGE football fan for over 50 years, and a Hawks fan for over 20 years. I just can't take it anymore. For 3 seasons now, the Seahawks get screwed on calls all game long, and the refs just let every violation by the opposition slide. Today was a blatant exhibition of officiating bias against the Hawks. Every time the Hawks made a good play, it gets called back. Every time the Saints are up against 3rd down and they fail, the refs throw flags against the Hawks. It's pretty easy to succeed on 3rd down when you get two shots at it almost every time. Even when I watch games that I don't care about this year, the refs make it unbearable. They choose a team that they "help" to lose the game or they throw so many flags that I just can't watch anymore. It's become so ridiculously blatant that I just can't take it any longer. I am officially joining the 15% of football fans that stopped watching games this year. I'M DONE NFL...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? Don't get too bent out of shape, you guys blasted Falcons fans here for crying about the refs a few weeks ago. Bad calls are being whistled in every game, but you've been on the good side of plenty of them.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":d6lw9cw0 said:
Willyeye":d6lw9cw0 said:

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? Don't get too bent out of shape, you guys blasted Falcons fans here for crying about the refs a few weeks ago. Bad calls are being whistled in every game, but you've been on the good side of plenty of them.

Got to agree, most on this board were blasting Falcon fans for doing the same thing that is going on today.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I admire the op. I was thinking about doing the same thing. The officiating has ruined this league. This was blatant. It wasn't one play, it was several . 11 to 2 before you throw in the "no calls" against the saints.

Like I said in a previous post, I feel the NFL wants a Bree's led team to be successful and in the thick of things. Call me a conspiracy theorist but that's my gut feeling on this. Bree's is and has been one of the positive faces of the league and deservedly so. If I were a Saints fan I'd be happy as heck , they beat one of the best teams in the NFL .

Our o line is a joke and C Michael is NOT the answer at rb . He seems lost .

Our defense on the other hand , earns their $ every week.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
when you are really, really good and the rest of the NFC South is suddenly up for grabs if the Saints can win, it generates interest for those 4 cities at the Seahawks expense.

I am not sure that I will be spending too much time on the refs, unless the Cheatriots, Packers get all the calls in our next two important road games. Outside of those games, it's going to come down to whether the Seahawks improve enough on offense to make it impossible to allow the refs a chance to make these calls matter.

The games with New England never come down to referee calls, because they just outscore the opponents in regular season games. In the playoffs and when we play at New England, we will know for certain whether the refs are going to try and bury Seattle for good, because that's the only game where I don't see the refs having any real way to hurt either team.

There is still an anti SEA bias, Falcons fans are still whining about 2 weeks ago and ARZ is still crying about being held every play.....it's not time for SEA to start making real noise after the Pats game, if it continues.....

chris98251

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":2gz8dvlk said:
Willyeye":2gz8dvlk said:

Except they ignored the illegal head slap that Jones did when he came off the line, must have missed that part I guess.

SF49r

Reaction score
I know how you guys feel...

drewbreesnecksuperslomo.gif

Barakas

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":252vscwh said:
Willyeye":252vscwh said:

What was the balance of the officiating that entire game? Before you come onto this board and get all smarmy no one is complaining about just one call. This argument is about the overall officiating of this game. Do you want to comment on that aspect?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I will not watch another game. I will root for but not watch the Seahawks. Or any other game. I realized how much better watching sports that the refs don't have a hand in a team winning or losing watching the World Series. To many rules in the NFL. And they change every year. And the refs are part time. Just can't stand it anymore. They blame the presidential debates for low ratings. How about they are putting out a terrible product. And it's not the teams faults. It is the refs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score

That game also didnt have a penalty disparity of 12 to 2. You are talking about one call on a 4th down bomb after hands to the face by julio. The game was also called evenly both ways.

This game was a farce, completely one sided officiating, blatent obvious penalties missed on the saints while ticky tack calls on the hawks.

You really think the saints legitimately only committed 2 penalties all game, which wete false starts?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/792831114087837696[/tweet]

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":2ua31k62 said:

Gotta agree with you there. My take has always been that the refs don't conspire against a given team, they just seem to conspire to suck altogether. I don't mind missed calls here and there but the overall performance of officiating this year, and recent years as well, has been just horrible. But, most of the bashing of Falcon fans was due more to the no-call on the face slap than just bashing fans for whining about losing from bad ref'ing.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":18oixp85 said:
see you next week........

Lol best post in the thread. Everyone thinks the refs are out to get them, the refs helped us against Atlanta.

Yes the officiating was bad but you win some and you lose some.

Rob12

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":3llpk1px said:
Willyeye":3llpk1px said:

The Saints are one of the most penalized teams in the league and had one call go against them today. Seahawks had 12 penalties?

Jones did get held, but it looks like you ignore the illegal hands to the face when he slapped Sherman off of the line and nearly knocked him to the ground. Blatant penalty. Or how on that same play Cassius Marsh also took hands to the face.

Oh and you forgot to mention the sure TD when Kearse was held in that same Falcons game.

We all know these things but when games get called THIS one sided, it's frustrating.

Jville

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll nailed it. Their scouting and game plan for that group of officials was off this week. To me that was the difference in the game. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts