Officiating is so bad, I quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
treefidy":2oiqstxu said:
seahawkfreak":2oiqstxu said:
We complain about the ratio of penalties called on us compared to the other teams. The discrepancy is a fact. We also are not complaining about one individual play like many of the turd Falcon fans are whining about.

Was it a fact when penalties were in your favor 8-3 and a blown call decided the game in favor of your Seahawks?

Or are only Seahawks fans allowed to pick and choose?

I look at it this way, who won the game against the Falcons?

Secondly you can't pick one no call and not the other, it would have been a replay and still the game would have been a question mark at best of who won.

Third the Officiating in the Saints game was so bad even the Saints coach is calling for full time Refs after they won.

4th No call on obvious penalties against lineman holding are just as bad as bad calls, or phantom pass interference Offensive or defensive.

What it comes down to is a trend to have the officials try to control games to the point of being almost unwatchable, they have taken fun away from the fans and players. They have created so many rules and sub rules that nobody can keep track of things without a computer and a film crew to validate and nullify. Officials are so afraid of screwing things up they screw up everything trying to be right.

That amount of bad relationships between players and teams and the NFL Executives is at a all time high, there is a reason for this.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
treefidy":131cnzpu said:
seahawkfreak":131cnzpu said:
We complain about the ratio of penalties called on us compared to the other teams. The discrepancy is a fact. We also are not complaining about one individual play like many of the turd Falcon fans are whining about.

Was it a fact when penalties were in your favor 8-3 and a blown call decided the game in favor of your Seahawks?

Hey genius, the only reason Julio got by Sherman on your hail mary play was a no call illegal hands to the face on Jones.

treefidy

Reaction score
chris98251":329f60tk said:

Secondly you can't pick one no call and not the other, it would have been a replay and still the game would have been a question mark at best of who won.

Third the Officiating in the Saints game was so bad even the Saints coach is calling for full time Refs after they won.

4th No call on obvious penalties against lineman holding are just as bad as bad calls, or phantom pass interference Offensive or defensive.

What it comes down to is a trend to have the officials try to control games to the point of being almost unwatchable, they have taken fun away from the fans and players. They have created so many rules and sub rules that nobody can keep track of things without a computer and a film crew to validate and nullify. Officials are so afraid of screwing things up they screw up everything trying to be right.

That amount of bad relationships between players and teams and the NFL Executives is at a all time high, there is a reason for this.

One, what does that matter to the conversation at hand.

Two, so either way, the Falcons were screwed and not the Seahawks?

Three, Sean Payton actually came out and started ripping officials AFTER the Julio No Call.

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton said he hopes pass interference calls will become eligible for replay review "sooner than later" -- a cause that the rival Atlanta Falcons would probably agree with after Sunday.

"That specific call is so critical to get right," said Payton, who said the idea has been brought up and discussed by "a number of clubs" in recent years to no avail.

Four, Those penalties occur on nearly every play, in every game.

treefidy

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1tlav7us said:
treefidy":1tlav7us said:
seahawkfreak":1tlav7us said:

Hey genius, the only reason Julio got by Sherman on your hail mary play was a no call illegal hands to the face on Jones.

So offsetting penalties and a replay right? Guess that would have had no effect on the game as well...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":baypdte7 said:
RichNhansom":baypdte7 said:
Your not even trying and your not because you know your wrong. Our game the ref's let both teams play and only called egregious penalties. There was not one penalty called on your team that wasn't obvious and legit and you know it. That game came down to one play and I agree with you they should have called PI but they also should have called the slap and holding when your center tackled Marsh from behind trying to prevent him from getting to Ryan. If he is not literally tackled from behind by your center there is a good chance he disrupts the throw. If Sherman isn't knocked off balance there is also a good chance he is in position to not need to commit the penalty. You can't have it both ways.

You are not able to come up with one single legit reason they should have called that PI and not the other fouls on the same play or one example at all where Atlanta got screwed.

You obviously did not watch the NO game or you would have seen multiple bad calls that extended drives for the Saints and multiple blown or ignored calls that would have taken points off the board. After all that they kept the clock rolling when a player was tackled and driven out of bounds. Again a critical mistake by the officials that took extremely important time off the clock.

If you can't provide some example besides the PI that has been nationally debunked of how you were screwed in our game then you need to either relax or you need to be banned. Because right now all you are doing is trolling and not even good trolling.

Please go trough our game and give us some kind of example where you were screwed.

I'm not trying because it was discussed to death on all major networks and beyond.

I've noticed the Seahawks being "screwed" is not being discussed to death on all major networks and beyond.

Just here...

You know the only thing discussed was the PI and no other part of the play. You are being purposely obtuse and you know it.

Again, please tell us beside the PI that we all know the truth on including you, what other calls were bad or even ticky tacky in that game? Tell us how we benefited from the officials making up calls that didn't happen or how they dinged you guys on plays that extended our drives.

You can't and you know it. That is why you aren't even trying. You don't want to face the truth, you just wanna whine and complain.

Hey your team got dismantled in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters only scoring 3 points. Your being a baby if you think they should have called the PI and nothing else and if they call all the penalties it is down over and you are 4th and 10 at your own 30 yard line with 60 seconds to possibly score.

Believe me I would have much preferred they called the PI and the slap or holding because I like our odds of shutting you down.

Don't get me completely wrong. The officials did screw your team out of an opportunity to try and that does suck. Even as highly unlikelyas it is that you get a first on the redo of the down they still took the opportunity away from you.

Now try and imagine getting screwed all game and then having the officials run the clock down as a last attempt to screw your team out of a chance to win. I feel for you guys wanting that last chance and agree it wasn't fair of the officials to not call the penalties (plural) but if you understand that then you should be able to understand how Seahawks fans feel.

treefidy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3a2ebdho said:
You know the only thing discussed was the PI and no other part of the play. You are being purposely obtuse and you know it.

Again, please tell us beside the PI that we all know the truth on including you, what other calls were bad or even ticky tacky in that game? Tell us how we benefited from the officials making up calls that didn't happen or how they dinged you guys on plays that extended our drives.

You can't and you know it. That is why you aren't even trying. You don't want to face the truth, you just wanna whine and complain.

Hey your team got dismantled in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters only scoring 3 points. Your being a baby if you think they should have called the PI and nothing else and if they call all the penalties it is down over and you are 4th and 10 at your own 30 yard line with 60 seconds to possibly score.

Believe me I would have much preferred they called the PI and the slap or holding because I like our odds of shutting you down.

Don't get me completely wrong. The officials did screw your team out of an opportunity to try and that does suck. Even as highly unlikelyas it is that you get a first on the redo of the down they still took the opportunity away from you.

Now try and imagine getting screwed all game and then having the officials run the clock down as a last attempt to screw your team out of a chance to win. I feel for you guys wanting that last chance and agree it wasn't fair of the officials to not call the penalties (plural) but if you understand that then you should be able to understand how Seahawks fans feel.

I'm not going to prove it because I'm not going to go back and rewatch the game to bring up every missed hold, every missed pi, every missed call, because it's not worth it. The game is over.

What is worth it, is watching you guys deny it could have possibly gone your way at home against the falcons, while arguing the counter point, that a home team got the benefit of the doubt against your team.

You want it both ways, fine, but don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you.

chris98251

Reaction score
treefidy":2kthslu3 said:
chris98251":2kthslu3 said:

One, what does that matter to the conversation at hand.

Two, so either way, the Falcons were screwed and not the Seahawks?

Three, Sean Payton actually came out and started ripping officials AFTER the Julio No Call.

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton said he hopes pass interference calls will become eligible for replay review "sooner than later" -- a cause that the rival Atlanta Falcons would probably agree with after Sunday.

"That specific call is so critical to get right," said Payton, who said the idea has been brought up and discussed by "a number of clubs" in recent years to no avail.

Four, Those penalties occur on nearly every play, in every game.

Because the only reason your here is because you lost.

So with a replay of the down versus an incompletion the Falcons would have been screwed? You have nothing, that comment just negated anything you have to say going forward.

Everything else is just a bunch of BS to justify your whining on a opposing fans board.

253hawk

Reaction score
So he's just too lazy to come up with any proof. Shocker.

treefidy

Reaction score
chris98251":qnovz53b said:
Because the only reason your here is because you lost.

So with a replay of the down versus an incompletion the Falcons would have been screwed? You have nothing, that comment just negated anything you have to say going forward.

Everything else is just a bunch of BS to justify your whining on a opposing fans board.

Actually, the reason I came here was to see how your fan base was reacting to this loss.

It's the opposite of how they acted when they received the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why I am posting now...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":3fmfl02e said:
RichNhansom":3fmfl02e said:

I'm not going to prove it because I'm not going to go back and rewatch the game to bring up every missed hold, every missed pi, every missed call, because it's not worth it. The game is over.

What is worth it, is watching you guys deny it could have possibly gone your way at home against the falcons, while arguing the counter point, that a home team got the benefit of the doubt against your team.

You want it both ways, fine, but don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you.

Yet you want us to feel sorry for you?

If your not willing to do the work then you are just trolling.

treefidy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":k4zkz6yy said:

I don't need to do any work. It was widely acknowledged every hour of the day, all week, 2 weeks ago...

You want people to take your whining about being screwed over seriously? Maybe start with admitting the benefit of the doubt went your way.

Anguish

Reaction score
treefidy":mrx46w2r said:
RichNhansom":mrx46w2r said:

I don't need to do any work. It was widely acknowledged every hour of the day, all week, 2 weeks ago...

You want people to take your whining about being screwed over seriously? Maybe start with admitting the benefit of the doubt went your way.

You mean Seahawks fans are talking about being screwed on a Seahawks Fan site? Oh the horror.

Unless you have something new to bring to this, you are simply trolling.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":3pt3lz8g said:
RichNhansom":3pt3lz8g said:

From my post above: Don't get me completely wrong. The officials did screw your team out of an opportunity to try and that does suck. Even as highly unlikelyas it is that you get a first on the redo of the down they still took the opportunity away from you.

What exactly are you looking for? It was acknowledged that they didn't call PI but did any of them see the whole play? Why did the NFL network modify the play for NFL rewind to remove the head slap from the play? You know why. You are just being childish and obtuse.

Stop trolling. You just look childish.

treefidy

Reaction score
Anguish":1f4u1mwi said:
You mean Seahawks fans are talking about being screwed on a Seahawks Fan site? Oh the horror.

Didn't say it was some horror show...

Trolling would be having zero substance to the conversation.

I have brought much to the table, and no one has been able to combat it with serious conversation.

You want to complain about being screwed, yet you have not to been able to admit you've been the benefit of a screw job...

Very few have anyway...

treefidy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3km393zs said:
From my post above: Don't get me completely wrong. The officials did screw your team out of an opportunity to try and that does suck. Even as highly unlikelyas it is that you get a first on the redo of the down they still took the opportunity away from you.

What exactly are you looking for? It was acknowledged that they didn't call PI but did any of them see the whole play? Why did the NFL network modify the play for NFL rewind to remove the head slap from the play? You know why. You are just being childish and obtuse.

Can you honestly claim that the refs saw/didn't see the calls you are complaining about?

I don't know what this crap about the NFL modifying the play is about, every time I saw it, they showed the entire play. The slap is insignificant because EITHER WAY, Seattle got the benefit of the doubt... They call the slap and the PI, Falcons get another play.

You guys are complaining about not getting the benefit of the doubt, weeks after you got the benefit of the doubt.

It's almost like you are trolling each other...

HawkGA

Reaction score
RaiderFanDONTBAN<3":1gilf1jo said:
I was on the Raider Forums reading about how "The sad Seahawks fans were complaining about officiating! LOL". And I thought "does it matter?".

Whether it's 23 penalties on the Raiders to 6 on the Bucs or 11 on the Seahawks and 2 on New Orleans. It's pretty obvious the officiating is absolutely abysmal in the NFL and it's quite true. Don't get me wrong, the Raiders do deserve penalties, it's a young team that makes a ton of mistakes and you can see some blatanly stupid penalties committed. Now I didn't watch the SeaHawks game and being a Raider fan on a Raider forum I can definitely see how people may blow the penalty situation out of proportion. However, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

the Zebras are really getting out of hand and you can see an obvious bias in teams and players after they've been in the league for a while.

The Seahawks are a hard hitting team with a ton of swagger especially on the defensive side. They love to talk and they don't keep it super PR like the NFL wants them to be (which is far more entertaining than just "We played alright, they played better, we just need more practice." for the billionth time).

The Raiders have been known for being a severely penalized team in all of history. But man, if the Raiders set the penalty record vs the Bucs because they're a nasty ass team, well.... I'd wear that proudly ;) but the point is... teams are being punished for personality and not sloppiness and general play.

The amount of penalties are ruining the game of football in general. Stop and starting each game, destroying any shred of momentum which then makes the offense come out slow once again. There's no flow anymore. With any game I see I literally think this "Oh that's a nice play, where's the flag?" and that's even with the Texans games (father is a Texans fan).

Sorry for making this post long, but I respect every team out there (not the cheatriots. Damn tuck rule... go die. And division rivals? Duh) and wanted to give an insight from a Raider perspective and to let you guys know that this is definitely a bigger issue than just the Raiders or even the Seahawks. Hopefully they right the ship soon because I can't sit through more 4 hour heart attacks because of penalties. Hell, the Raiders make it stressful enough with the worst defense and an overly conservative offense once we're 1 point ahead.

Anyway, cheers, and good luck next week. :irishdrinkers:

I haven't seen any of the Raiders game but my ears certainly perked up when I heard 23 penalties. Don't know how many were no trainers like false starts versus judgement calls, but either way that can't be a fun game to watch. Congrats on pulling out the W in spite of it.

chris98251

Reaction score
treefidy":z451kf4j said:
Anguish":z451kf4j said:

Didn't say it was some horror show...

Trolling would be having zero substance to the conversation.

I have brought much to the table, and no one has been able to combat it with serious conversation.

You want to complain about being screwed, yet you have not to been able to admit you've been the benefit of a screw job...

Very few have anyway...

You say substance but it comes down to two penalties not called, either it stands as is or there is a replay, either way you are not given a win at most a chance in a limited situation. Hardly substance, where the Saints game there were multiple incidents of looking the other way or phantom calls. I don't see this going anywhere but down from here at this point.

Anguish

Reaction score
treefidy":si4a9499 said:
RichNhansom":si4a9499 said:

Can you honestly claim that the refs saw/didn't see the calls you are complaining about?

I don't know what this crap about the NFL modifying the play is about, every time I saw it, they showed the entire play. The slap is insignificant because EITHER WAY, Seattle got the benefit of the doubt... They call the slap and the PI, Falcons get another play.

You guys are complaining about not getting the benefit of the doubt, weeks after you got the benefit of the doubt.

It's almost like you are trolling each other...

What I'm TELLING you, is either bring something NEW to the table, or simply stop posting about it. We've read your position time, and time, and time again. You're not going to argue your way to "victory" on a Seahawks forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts