OMG these are dream stats for Russell Wilson

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":rivbj8xb said:
I agree.

It is mindblowing to me that the one thing fans of this franchise envied so many other football teams for was the top tier QB. We were just happy to have a 'serviceable' QB.

And we got one of the most unflappable, goal-oriented, overachievers, you could luck your way into finding.

He won us a SB. He got us to a 2nd SB.

Now we want to trade him?
There is the issue..The team won the SB..
That was years ago when he had wheels,Beast and The Boom.
Now he has a big fat ego,slow and cannot handle cover-2.
He's not going to get better...Why wait?To see him get worse?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":22vscj06 said:
That's right. I'm bumping this thread. Sue me.

Remember when we wished we had a good QB, and this young kid named Russell Wilson gave us HOPE.
Remember when it was exciting when he threw 3 TDs and he was growing up before our very eyes.

I bumped this thread to show you all how far he grew, and how spoiled and entitled we fans have become.
I'm sorry for the negative things I've said about Russell.

It takes a thread from October 2012 to bring me back to reality and that feeling of hope. Russell became everything we thought he would be and more.

#DonttradeRussell

Can we keep Russ and trade Pete?

Elemas

Reaction score
IndyHawk":24t2m9gn said:
TwistedHusky":24t2m9gn said:
I agree.

It is mindblowing to me that the one thing fans of this franchise envied so many other football teams for was the top tier QB. We were just happy to have a 'serviceable' QB.

And we got one of the most unflappable, goal-oriented, overachievers, you could luck your way into finding.

He won us a SB. He got us to a 2nd SB.

Now we want to trade him?
There is the issue..The team won the SB..
That was years ago when he had wheels,Beast and The Boom.
Now he has a big fat ego,slow and cannot handle cover-2.
He's not going to get better...Why wait?To see him get worse?

I agree that the team won. You can arguably say the LOB and defense won it. But, do you not remember Russ leading the MVP race earlier this year? What happened? Did he get slow in the matter of a few games? Suddenly can’t pass in Cover-2?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......did the offense change, our OC get fired, and PC take control again?

No one beats Father Time. Everyone falls off. But, he’s still a Top 5 QB and could easily be #1 offensive playcalling willing. He didn’t storm out of that meeting mid season because he was worried about being MVP. He wants to win.

I don’t understand how some of you guys think otherwise. You don’t come by a QB of this caliber every year. Especially the way we’ve drafted.

Cmon son...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but there are still some thankless Russell Wilson haters here on .NET that are full of $- # -! -t , and will never comprehend It, NOW, I'm not saying that I know better that them, but I am saying that a whole bunch of the nay-sayers don't know Jack Squat either. :pukeface:

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1kawbeql said:
I'm sorry, but there are still some thankless Russell Wilson haters here on .NET that are full of $- # -! -t , and will never comprehend It, NOW, I'm not saying that I know better that them, but I am saying that a whole bunch of the nay-sayers don't know Jack Squat either. :pukeface:

of course there is because PC has drummed it into its all about the run game and defense. That same run game and defense he had in 2011 and went 7-9.

Its simple this is what you want to get rid of

Lifetime 101.7 Qb rating and never a season below 92.

3.5/1 td/int ratio Lifetime

7.8 ypa lifetime and nver a season below 7.2

65% complt lifetime

500 rushing yards a year

3772 passing yards per year

30 tds a year passing

2 rushing tds a year

oh and the biggest of them all in 9 seasons NEVER MISSED A GAME!!!

PC's record no Wilson under 400. His record with Wilson over 600

You want to replace Wilson fine, but if it's a non-rookie we need someone that can get close to that. Problem is not many who can.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
If Wilson is traded it's a disaster a disgrace to the entire FO and ownership and quite frankly unforgiveable. Take my advice ownership make Russ happy. I think he plays out his contract then moves on and i could live with that but trading Wilson in his prime is like trading Rogers in his prime it just isn't done. Watson for Wilson changes things but i've never seen QB's of there quality traded one for one in that way.

At the same time i'm really pissed at Russ for continuing to feed this story . If he really does want out then get as much as you can and lets start rebuilding. This is a really tough division and this kind of thing just puts blood in the water for the sharks and he should be smarter than that. Now the Organization looks weak and that's not good for him or the Seahawks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you are a 30-year-old Bears fan, you could literally have lived your entire life without ever having a great QB.

Certainly without ever having had a Pro-Bowl or even top-tier QB.

That we think Wilson is so easily replaced is unfathomable.

The Seahawks have the real possibility of struggling to find another starting QB for another decade. It isn't impossible or even improbable.

To willingly subject yourself to that is crazy.

That we prefer to bet on our 99-year-old HC instead of our 32-year-old QB is mind-boggling. (But completely understandable when you realize the person making the call IS our 99-year-old HC)

chris98251

Reaction score
We really need to look at our team and see can I get to a Super bowl in a down cap year with a low amount of draft picks and most our value of trades minimal without adding more holes.

If the answer is no, you pull the trigger and get compensation while Wilson is hot, he is most likely will go next year if the problem about protection and a opened up offense happens again I would think.

Sure this is tea leaf reading, there has only been a few times that teams trade a starter, Namath, Montana, Cunningham was not resigned, Moon, another. Those teams felt they didn't have anything left for the last two, 49ers had Young, and Namath was so beaten and battered the Rams didn't get any real return from him.

Carson Palmer worked his way out of Cinncy only because they didn't think he could recover from his injury.

Farve had a few good years after Green Bay but again was a release. They had Rodgers ready.

Someone of Wilsons level at his age is a very unique situation.