Our Offensive Line will be worse than last season?

Largent80

Reaction score
Tok......When I get home from work I will roll a fatty in you honor and I'm not talkin about your girlfriend. Oline is still way too early to make your assumptions.
Chill and roll your girlfriend or a fattie. Or both

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":jx5k4wq4 said:
You are correct that I used "worst" incorrectly in the title if you are just comparing the last 2 seasons. But I really feel we will be one of the "worst" O-Lines in the entire league, so in that sense we could be worst than all other teams.

Who says worse anyways, that word just sounds goofy to me for some reason.

Everyone who understands comparatives.

(and regarding "just comparing the last 2 seasons," you did that in the thread title when you used the words "than last season.")

FFS. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Basis4day":175fp9c1 said:
Smelly McUgly":175fp9c1 said:
I think Tokadub is trolling at this point. Originally, maybe not, but now, the terrible analysis combined with the little touches (his use of "worst" rather than "worse") have to be a put-on.

He started that long ago.

Well I know not everyone's gonna agree with my assessment. Even the professionals like Clayton have said recently that our O-Line should be better and have much more depth. But then just yesterday Clayton backtracked and said losing Bowie pretty much eliminated our potential depth and we should now be concerned.

I disagreed with his original assessment that we were looking good with great depth before losing Bowie. You need to be able to anticipate this kind of thing, this is football things go wrong A LOT for many reasons. You can't just look at the perfect scenario if NOTHING GOES WRONG and then make your analysis based on EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT.

It seems most people here tend to base analysis on EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT and it's understandable as a Seahawk fan, my mind just doesn't work that way it's all logic and my perceived probabilities of things happening.

Right after the draft I pretty much knew our O-Line was gonna suck again this season, it's just common sense and a reasonably safe prediction in my opinion. Okung will probably miss more games, wouldn't be surprised if Unger gets re-injured or just continues playing poorly like last season.

What's more likely statistically? Will we be better than last season, worse, or about the same?

I think it's much more likely we will be worse than last season or about the same than seeing any obvious improvements.

Many people here don't even recognize how bad our pass blocking was last season and their best contribution to the discussion is "We won a Superbowl our Offensive Line was fine."

I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with my future predictions when they are unable to even analyze the past in a factual manner.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Blitzer88":38xlydzn said:
I mean, I have never had a thread like this before.
*blink*

What? You've made PLENTY of threads EXACTLY like this before! Why do you think somebody just correlated you with the person that made this thread?!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tokadub":fc0hu5sw said:
Basis4day":fc0hu5sw said:
Smelly McUgly":fc0hu5sw said:
I think Tokadub is trolling at this point. Originally, maybe not, but now, the terrible analysis combined with the little touches (his use of "worst" rather than "worse") have to be a put-on.

He started that long ago.

Well I know not everyone's gonna agree with my assessment. Even the professionals like Clayton have said recently that our O-Line should be better and have much more depth. But then just yesterday Clayton backtracked and said losing Bowie pretty much eliminated our potential depth and we should now be concerned.

I disagreed with his original assessment that we were looking good with great depth before losing Bowie. You need to be able to anticipate this kind of thing, this is football things go wrong A LOT for many reasons. You can't just look at the perfect scenario if NOTHING GOES WRONG and then make your analysis based on EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT.

It seems most people here tend to base analysis on EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT and it's understandable as a Seahawk fan, my mind just doesn't work that way it's all logic and my perceived probabilities of things happening.

Right after the draft I pretty much knew our O-Line was gonna suck again this season, it's just common sense and a reasonably safe prediction in my opinion. Okung will probably miss more games, wouldn't be surprised if Unger gets re-injured or just continues playing poorly like last season.

What's more likely statistically? Will we be better than last season, worse, or about the same?

I think it's much more likely we will be worse than last season or about the same than seeing any obvious improvements.

Many people here don't even recognize how bad our pass blocking was last season and their best contribution to the discussion is "We won a Superbowl our Offensive Line was fine."

I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with my future predictions when they are unable to even analyze the past in a factual manner.

Exhibit A

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 48&start=0

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2wehyzqj said:
Tokadub":2wehyzqj said:
You are correct that I used "worst" incorrectly in the title if you are just comparing the last 2 seasons. But I really feel we will be one of the "worst" O-Lines in the entire league, so in that sense we could be worst than all other teams.

(and regarding "just comparing the last 2 seasons," you did that in the thread title when you used the words "than last season.")

Tokadub":2wehyzqj said:
We are also comparing the multiple players we have now compared to who we had last year

So if I would of simply changed:

Our Offensive Line will be worst than last season?

to:

Our Offensive Line players will be worst than last season?

Then it would be grammatically correct? It's kind of implied that an Offensive Line is composed of many people, it's not one static thing.

If I said:

Our Wide Receivers will be worst than last season?

That would be grammatically correct because the word "receivers" implies multiple people.

So for one position group you can say worst because the name is more obvious even though in reality it's the same thing? Talk about nitpicking...

I guess I just look at this as comparing players and seasons not just the seasons themselves, grammar police drive me crazy in nearly every scenario.

English is a pretty inconsistent, random language where words can be used and interpreted in many ways. I don't think it's worth the trouble to call people out when you know what they meant, just my opinion.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
volsunghawk":1vn412he said:
Tokadub":1vn412he said:

Thank you! Seriously, thank you. I did not want to have to be the one to point this out.

And as for the op...

[youtube]Uh7l8dx-h8M[/youtube]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I watched a game from last year too, the Superbowl and guess what? We won 43-8

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2p303j7m said:
Tokadub":2p303j7m said:

I'm beginning to think that if you told Toka to diagram a sentence, he'd ask you for a map.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":y22wp24v said:
OK, Toke not getting how "bad, worse, and worst" work in that last post and thinking that it has to do with the whether the noun that the word modifies is singular or plural HAS to be a put-on. HAS TO BE.
Nailed it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I pretty much disagree with this entire post, line for line.

Tokadub":2sckv818 said:
THE ONE THING WE NEEDED TO DO IN THIS OFF-SEASON TO GUARANTEE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WIN WAS IMPROVE THE O-LINE... WE FAILED TO DO SO :x [/b]

And before the Super Bowl, people were saying "the one thing we need to do to win our FIRST Super Bowl is improve the O-line". Not only did we win anyway, but the last five or six Super Bowl winners have borne mediocre O-lines. There just isn't a huge urgency in my eyes, though it's still a worthy goal.

So Ukung is still injured coming off surgery, probably our 2nd most likely guy to get injured next season behind Harvin.

This is unfortunate, but let's wait and see.

Unger was over rated to begin with and he's on the decline.

Unger wasn't overrated and he's not on the decline.

Bowie was highly praised by many on this forum and he got traded for being a fat arse and he got injured.

Also unfortunate, but it doesn't mean we didn't try to improve the O-line. You can't anticipate injuries. Don't make it sound like the franchise is responsible.

Winston got knocked the f out by Chancellor even when he put his entire weight to brace for impact. Kam bulldozed Winston, barely lost any speed and hit their Running Back instantaneously afterwards.

Basing an O-lineman on one play is unwise, especially when the opponent is the league's best strong safety. I've heard Winston is solid.

Britt apparently might lose his spot to Winston which is pathetic.

See above.

Bailey = unproven noob. Most the games he played Wilson was getting rocked.

I'm seeing more and more superficial, impatient judgments in this post the further down I get. I don't agree with the "he'd better be awesome or I don't have time for him" approach.

J.R. Sweezy = probably more penalties per play than Giacomini.

Considering Giacomini seriously cleaned up his play during the last half of the season, I don't see that as a huge problem.

Carpenter = came in shape but at heart he is an over weight, slow, lazy, injury prone dude with no skills.

You're doing it again. Dismissing anything that isn't Pro Bowl Right Now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Can we put Tokadub in his own little area like he has Ebola or something?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2jtolfh2 said:
I'm beginning to think that if you told Toka to diagram a sentence, he'd ask you for a map.
As well as a compass.

Also, can someone at least fix the grammatical error in this ridiculous thread title?

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
jdemps":tc8ht5ec said:
[The sky is always falling with Toke. And his predictions are usually wrong. Like his one about Mike Bennett. Maybe toke's tirades are why we win!?

Actually my predictions are usually right. My Bennett prediction isn't even wrong yet, if he doesn't play as well as he did last season I will be correct, it's yet to be seen.

I'd put my predictions head to head with anyone on this site. If the Bennett thing is the best example you have of me making a bad prediction and 2014 hasn't even occurred yet? That's pretty sad.

The sky isn't always falling with me I predicted we would go 14-2 this season. We are the Super Bowl favorites by far in my mind. How is that equated to the sky is falling?

I don't come to this forum to read posts about how every single person and position group on our team is perfect.

There is always room for improvement, when it comes to our O-Line which is pretty much universally recognized as the weakness of our team... well there is A LOT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.

It's just sad that so many people don't have any reasonable contribution to the discussion. In reality you guys are the ones trolling when all you can do is make jokes about a poster or play the role of the superior grammar police.

The fact is that even if I took my time and explained in great deal with statistical/video evidence of why this should be a big concern and why it's reasonable to assume our Offensive Line will be a problem once again... Most of your responses would be exactly the same!

Some people just don't want to hear the truth and will dismiss it whether it's the most accurate factual post ever, or a quick drunken post summarizing our problem.

Some of you seem incapable of forming any real thoughts to explain why you think I'm wrong? How about you tell me why our Offensive Line will be better??? That would be the expected response, most of you guys just trolling though unfortunately.

At least I occasionally try to provide good evidence and examples, taking the time to make youtube videos highlighting our Offensive Line struggles in some of our games last season. Can be seen in this thread:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93950

That's more than I can say for most of you, and I do appreciate the very few who actually tried to contribute real thought to the thread instead of just being a total joker.

I'll just bookmark this thread so that I can come back and serve the crow if our Offensive Line really is terrible this season. I think it's a reasonable prediction and is far more likely than significant improvement. I'll leave it at that, I'm done with this thread. There is no winning with you guys. When I see someone post something I disagree with I tell them WHY I DISAGREE, I guess that kind of thing (rational productive thoughts) is just beyond the majority of people in this particular thread.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
His predictions are usually dead on guys. Toka was able to identify the glaring weakness of the Seahawks.. if only we all knew ahead of time.

General Manager

Reaction score
Tokadub":1j2l9k35 said:
I was watching the first Rams game from last season last night, and DANG. DO NOT WATCH THAT GAME IF YOU WANT TO BE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT OUR TEAM. We got absolutely wrecked our O-Line was horrible, and the Rams are probably even better this season?

I'm trying to remain optimistic about our team like my original 14-2 prediction, but the more I watch this off-season... it just seems our O-Line could really get us this time.

There's only so many miracles one team can have, we almost lost a lot of games last season even in the playoffs vs 49ers...

THE ONE THING WE NEEDED TO DO IN THIS OFF-SEASON TO GUARANTEE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WIN WAS IMPROVE THE O-LINE... WE FAILED TO DO SO :x

So Ukung is still injured coming off surgery, probably our 2nd most likely guy to get injured next season behind Harvin.

Unger was over rated to begin with and he's on the decline.

Bowie was highly praised by many on this forum and he got traded for being a fat arse and he got injured.

Winston got knocked the f out by Chancellor even when he put his entire weight to brace for impact. Kam bulldozed Winston, barely lost any speed and hit their Running Back instantaneously afterwards.

Britt apparently might lose his spot to Winston which is pathetic.

Bailey = unproven noob. Most the games he played Wilson was getting rocked.

J.R. Sweezy = probably more penalties per play than Giacomini.

Carpenter = came in shape but at heart he is an over weight, slow, lazy, injury prone dude with no skills.

So why exactly is our O-Line going to be improved? Seems like it will be worst most likely I don't see any upside with this group, none at all.

Let's pray for a miracle that Wilson doesn't get injured because he will have no pass blocking whatsoever.

EDIT: Title for grammar police :roll:

Careful now if your not 100% in lock step with the FO out come the torches and pitchforks. I'm underwhelmed with what they did this off season to but It's to early to go to the worse case scenario.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
General Manager":2mja4p0b said:
Careful now if your not 100% in lock step with the FO out come the torches and pitchforks. I'm underwhelmed with what they did this off season to but It's to early to go to the worse case scenario.

This is untrue. You are just putting up this strawman that you were attacked for not being lockstep with the FO because you're still upset about some other thread.

Do you really want to put yourself on the same side as Tokadub? Really? Toke gets ripped because his thought process is garbage. Kearly has his reservations about this draft class, but people don't rip him because he has a clear thought process and cogent analysis to back up his criticisms.

If you feel like people are ripping your viewpoints, it's probably not that they are walking in lockstep with the FO. It's probably because your viewpoints are not backed with facts and have little worthwhile analysis behind them.

General Manager

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":27wjpxpe said:
General Manager":27wjpxpe said:

This is untrue. You are just putting up this strawman that you were attacked for not being lockstep with the FO because you're still upset about some other thread.

Do you really want to put yourself on the same side as Tokadub? Really? Toke gets ripped because his thought process is garbage. Kearly has his reservations about this draft class, but people don't rip him because he has a clear thought process and cogent analysis to back up his criticisms.

If you feel like people are ripping your viewpoints, it's probably not that they are walking in lockstep with the FO. It's probably because your viewpoints are not backed with facts and have little worthwhile analysis behind them.

Dude I'm not taking anyone's side on anything and honestly I don't care what you think my reasons were for my original post , were either going to talk football or were not because your entire post was just a diatribe of BS.

Latest posts