Our Offensive Line will be worse than last season?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3pg0kcbe said:
The title of your post should have the word "worse" in it, not "worst".
No, the Original POST, was the WORST.
I didn't know that there was such a thing as an "Anti-Homer", but lo and behold. :lol:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
General Manager":1w7cxr1i said:
Smelly McUgly":1w7cxr1i said:
General Manager":1w7cxr1i said:
Careful now if your not 100% in lock step with the FO out come the torches and pitchforks. I'm underwhelmed with what they did this off season to but It's to early to go to the worse case scenario.

This is untrue. You are just putting up this strawman that you were attacked for not being lockstep with the FO because you're still upset about some other thread.

Do you really want to put yourself on the same side as Tokadub? Really? Toke gets ripped because his thought process is garbage. Kearly has his reservations about this draft class, but people don't rip him because he has a clear thought process and cogent analysis to back up his criticisms.

If you feel like people are ripping your viewpoints, it's probably not that they are walking in lockstep with the FO. It's probably because your viewpoints are not backed with facts and have little worthwhile analysis behind them.

Dude I'm not taking anyone's side on anything and honestly I don't care what you think my reasons were for my original post , were either going to talk football or were not because your entire post was just a diatribe of BS.

Still whining, I see.

Let me break it down for you: Say smarter things, encounter less resistance.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rainger":jwvc1xts said:
Wow unbelievable BTW who did we get in the TRADE for Bowie?? LOL

Half a million back in to the salary cap. Fair trade, right?

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Tokadub":2xcqqs3t said:
jdemps":2xcqqs3t said:
[The sky is always falling with Toke. And his predictions are usually wrong. Like his one about Mike Bennett. Maybe toke's tirades are why we win!?

Actually my predictions are usually right. My Bennett prediction isn't even wrong yet, if he doesn't play as well as he did last season I will be correct, it's yet to be seen.

I'd put my predictions head to head with anyone on this site. If the Bennett thing is the best example you have of me making a bad prediction and 2014 hasn't even occurred yet? That's pretty sad.

The sky isn't always falling with me I predicted we would go 14-2 this season. We are the Super Bowl favorites by far in my mind. How is that equated to the sky is falling?

I don't come to this forum to read posts about how every single person and position group on our team is perfect.

There is always room for improvement, when it comes to our O-Line which is pretty much universally recognized as the weakness of our team... well there is A LOT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.

It's just sad that so many people don't have any reasonable contribution to the discussion. In reality you guys are the ones trolling when all you can do is make jokes about a poster or play the role of the superior grammar police.

The fact is that even if I took my time and explained in great deal with statistical/video evidence of why this should be a big concern and why it's reasonable to assume our Offensive Line will be a problem once again... Most of your responses would be exactly the same!

Some people just don't want to hear the truth and will dismiss it whether it's the most accurate factual post ever, or a quick drunken post summarizing our problem.

Some of you seem incapable of forming any real thoughts to explain why you think I'm wrong? How about you tell me why our Offensive Line will be better??? That would be the expected response, most of you guys just trolling though unfortunately.

At least I occasionally try to provide good evidence and examples, taking the time to make youtube videos highlighting our Offensive Line struggles in some of our games last season. Can be seen in this thread:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93950

That's more than I can say for most of you, and I do appreciate the very few who actually tried to contribute real thought to the thread instead of just being a total joker.

I'll just bookmark this thread so that I can come back and serve the crow if our Offensive Line really is terrible this season. I think it's a reasonable prediction and is far more likely than significant improvement. I'll leave it at that, I'm done with this thread. There is no winning with you guys. When I see someone post something I disagree with I tell them WHY I DISAGREE, I guess that kind of thing (rational productive thoughts) is just beyond the majority of people in this particular thread.

I apologize that you seem to have taken my comments as a personal insult and that I have completely disregarded your opinion. That is not the case. If you want to have a discussion about how our O-line is our biggest weakness and needs to step up to repeat. Okay! I'll agree with you on some of you points. I'll claim you should wait until the preseason to actually see these guys in action to make a statement about their worth to our team. But, when you throw so much inflammatory rhetoric in your posts given in grossly negative absolute statements, it becomes comical and I can't take it seriously. Here are some examples I pulled out of your recent posts.

Umm anyone who's not worried about Harvin is nuts. He will get concussion with any legit hit. He also has a permanently damaged hip, one bad hit and he's out all season again.

Permanently damaged. Of course! That's why he was forced to quit football. Here's another Harvin gem.

You are just totally obsessed with hypothetical statistics. You think just because Harvin had the ball in his hands more than Tate thus far in their careers that is a reasonable explanation why Harvin get's rocked like a porcelein baby doll and misses pretty much entire seasons.
The fact of the matter is that Harvin's hip injury was a lingering issue that was aggravated at OTA's last year. The only time he got knockout out and missed any substantial time was against us in 2012. His first three years he played 15, 14 and 16 games.

Britt apparently might lose his spot to Winston which is pathetic.

Yes because rookies losing jobs to former pro bowler veterans is pathetic.

Furthermore, you say you always back up your statements with facts.

J.R. Sweezy = probably more penalties per play than Giacomini.
Sweezy 7 in 15 games.
Breno 8 in 9 games.
Per Pro Football Reference

I could very easily come up with many more examples but the point is, if you tone down the rhetoric, people will have discussions with you. Until then, don't be surprised if people treat you like chicken little.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bzvqecw said:
Blitzer88":3bzvqecw said:
I mean, I have never had a thread like this before.
*blink*

What? You've made PLENTY of threads EXACTLY like this before! Why do you think somebody just correlated you with the person that made this thread?!

By thread/topic/post, I meant long drawn out ones, mine are usually short little ones. Not 20 paragraphs long like the one that started this one. Plus, I have become much more even keel as of late.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3lwwevq9 said:
By thread/topic/post, I meant long drawn out ones, mine are usually short little ones. Not 20 paragraphs long like the one that started this one. Plus, I have become much more even keel as of late.
So you're taking pride in being less loquacious. Alright then.

zhawk

Reaction score
it's ok. just give the 2 losses to the rams and your prediction is safe.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2z8zmxv4 said:
Blitzer88":2z8zmxv4 said:
So you're taking pride in being less loquacious. Alright then.

Yes........er......no, um.............yes. Less chances for me to make myself look stupid :th2thumbs: although, ctill happens too often lol.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":3vl0arma said:
So if I would of simply changed:

Our Offensive Line will be worst than last season?

to:

Our Offensive Line players will be worst than last season?

Then it would be grammatically correct? It's kind of implied that an Offensive Line is composed of many people, it's not one static thing.

If I said:

Our Wide Receivers will be worst than last season?

That would be grammatically correct because the word "receivers" implies multiple people.

So for one position group you can say worst because the name is more obvious even though in reality it's the same thing? Talk about nitpicking...

Tokadub, the education system has clearly failed you.

An offensive line may include multiple players but it's still considered a single unit in this instance. You are comparing the 2014 offensive line to the 2013 offensive line so you are comparing two similar units. In that case you use the word "worse" to compare one unit to the other. You would only use the word "worst" if you are ranking the offensive line at the bottom of a list of multiple similar units such as every other offensive line in the league.

It's not that hard.

General Manager

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":fcr5fkjc said:
General Manager":fcr5fkjc said:
Smelly McUgly":fcr5fkjc said:
General Manager":fcr5fkjc said:
Careful now if your not 100% in lock step with the FO out come the torches and pitchforks. I'm underwhelmed with what they did this off season to but It's to early to go to the worse case scenario.

This is untrue. You are just putting up this strawman that you were attacked for not being lockstep with the FO because you're still upset about some other thread.

Do you really want to put yourself on the same side as Tokadub? Really? Toke gets ripped because his thought process is garbage. Kearly has his reservations about this draft class, but people don't rip him because he has a clear thought process and cogent analysis to back up his criticisms.

If you feel like people are ripping your viewpoints, it's probably not that they are walking in lockstep with the FO. It's probably because your viewpoints are not backed with facts and have little worthwhile analysis behind them.

Dude I'm not taking anyone's side on anything and honestly I don't care what you think my reasons were for my original post , were either going to talk football or were not because your entire post was just a diatribe of BS.

Still whining, I see.

Let me break it down for you: Say smarter things, encounter less resistance.

No what you want is to try and force me to stop expressing my opinion or only express those you agree with and that's not happening , and if anyone's whining it's you. I responded to the OP's post in two sentences and then you went on your rant about the fact that I made a statement that you didn't like well welcome to the internet .

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":3arukcg9 said:
volsunghawk":3arukcg9 said:
You are correct that I used "worst" incorrectly in the title if you are just comparing the last 2 seasons. But I really feel we will be one of the "worst" O-Lines in the entire league, so in that sense we could be worst than all other teams.

Who says worse anyways, that word just sounds goofy to me for some reason.

Everyone who understands comparatives.

(and regarding "just comparing the last 2 seasons," you did that in the thread title when you used the words "than last season.")

FFS. :34853_doh:

We are also comparing the multiple players we have now compared to who we had last year

So if I would of simply changed:

Our Offensive Line will be worst than last season?

to:

Our Offensive Line players will be worst than last season?

Then it would be grammatically correct? It's kind of implied that an Offensive Line is composed of many people, it's not one static thing.

If I said:

Our Wide Receivers will be worst than last season?

That would be grammatically correct because the word "receivers" implies multiple people.

So for one position group you can say worst because the name is more obvious even though in reality it's the same thing? Talk about nitpicking...

I guess I just look at this as comparing players and seasons not just the seasons themselves, grammar police drive me crazy in nearly every scenario.

English is a pretty inconsistent, random language where words can be used and interpreted in many ways. I don't think it's worth the trouble to call people out when you know what they meant, just my opinion.

You're either a troll or an idiot. Actually, strike that... It's likely that you're both. You are entirely wrong on this, and I sincerely hope that the grammar policing here drives you crazy enough that you leave for a long time (or at least stop posting your ridiculous tripe).

pmedic920

Reaction score
pmedic920":2wuv1su3 said:
that's some funny crap right there. :{)

Edited by throwdown

It's been brought to my attention that I was out of line by repeating the modification of the OP's screen name.
I apologize to the membership and any visitors.
GoHawks.

Latest posts