Overachiever of the year predictions

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KPA":2nvvfg67 said:
Bevell pulls his head out and becomes a consistently good play caller. Ends up the next Cowboys coach.
I would love to see both of those things happen. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Bevell's achievement progression. He works well in Pete's system and the prowess of the squad on the offensive side of the ball is among the league's best. I expect that to continue. Bradley Sowell hopefully takes the bull by the horns to give Russ the time he needs.

impacthawk

Reaction score
I'll say Jarran Reed. We all know he has the potential to be a great run stopper, but questions remain as to whether he can push the pocket back on passing downs. Can he create pressure up the middle, and even get to 1/2 a dozen sacks? I say yes, and overachieves expectations. Even if he has no sacks, but can create a push to disrupt timing, or take on double teams to allow others to chase down QB's.....it will be a wildly successful rookie campaign. :irishdrinkers:

McGruff

Reaction score
I think it's really hard on this team to point to an over achiever, because of the high ceilings each of our guys possess. When I think of over achiever I think of a guy who plays better than his ability, and we don't have many guys whose ability isn't through the roof.

Under those qualifications and based on opportunity, I'm going to pick Bradley Sowell on offense and Cassius Marsh on defense as two guys who have the best chance to produce over their heads.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
My overachiever (based on current expectations, not on pre-injury/past proven ability): Jimmy Graham.

600 yds rec and 10 TD's.

Mick063

Reaction score
I'm so very impressed with Quinton Jefferson.

If a round five rookie can be part of the regular rotation and give consistent production, I will call it an overachievement. Considering Jordan Hill has packed his bags, QJ is half way there. Big statement.

I will also add that I have read comments from reputable .net folks that suggest Jefferson is primarily a run stuffer that needs much development as a pass rusher. I couldn't disagree more based on my preseason observations. *See link below* In fact, I believe he is more diverse than Jordan Hill ever was and we will see him replace Hill's role in all of the passing down sub packages. In other words, provide interior pressure on passing downs, but unlike Hill, strong enough to move around and hold up against the run in early down situations.

He reminds me very much of youthful Michael Bennett and I can easily envision him as a three down player with situational position switches up and down the line.

I'm telling ya. I have watched this game for decades and I see something very special in QJ. I think he gets extended with a lucrative contract in four years. Ponder that in comparison to players like Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter, or Golden Tate. Players that were allowed to seek more money elsewhere when their rookie deal expired. This.....is how good I think QJ is going to be.

**On edit: from this Field Gulls link dated May 30 http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/5/30/118 ... ep-defense

Bonus Impact Rookie: Quinton Jefferson

Don't get me wrong, Jarran Reed is going to come into Seattle and start week one, helping the defensive line not miss a beat following Mebane's departure. Jefferson, however, does have an interesting season ahead of him. Touted as very raw by many draft experts, I think Pete Carroll and the Seahawks defensive coaches will carve out a good role for Jefferson in 2016. The quick defensive tackle will be played to his strengths, which I imagine means he'll see the field in just passing downs. Jefferson will get a chance to get after the passer when players like Jordan Hill, Bennett, Clark and Chris Clemons need rotating.

chris98251

Reaction score
Prosise, I think he catches fire at some point during the year.

A

Anonymous

Steve2222":191oohbr said:
Frank Clark will have double digit sacks

I'm noting this.

This is Clark's opportunity to do what he is capable of.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the definition of over-achiever, but if he can contribute on D it might be Marsh. Even getting a sack would be a start :)

The Breh

Reaction score
There are so many options this year.
C-mike came out swingin, Britt found a spot he's downright decent at, P Rich is incredibly overdue and healthy, Lockett.....all eyes on him after an impressive rookie year. Frank Clark is gonna cause havoc. Russ may have some MVP aspirations and gun out.
Every year I say I'm more excited than the last but this season there's just too much to focus on any one thing.
This season is gonna be something else :twisted:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I agree with Mick063 on Quinton Jefferson. I think Pete's public regret about not utilizing Frank Clark sufficiently as a rookie last year will provide the impetus to use Q more frequently. Pete learns from his mistakes. Quinton may start a little slow, but by the end of the year, I project his overachieving with a few monster games.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rawls.

He is going to be a stud for us.

People won't expect it because he will start slow and suddenly burst on scene.

He is going the be the guy that defenses key on but just cannot seem to stop.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What a great thread. Lots of candidates. We can only hope.
QJ, Jarran Reed, and Tony McD on the DL.
LBs It seems like Marsh is always a split second late and a dime short. Frank Clark moved to LB? Let's see him cover.
In the secondary, hard to say. My expectations for Whining Simon are pretty low. Jeremy Lane could wind up being the man on the other corner.
Britt, Sowell and an OL to be named later. Maybe a blocking/catching TE will bust out. Vannett maybe. Maybe Luke Willson will shock us all?
CMike, PRich, Jimmy from the O-skill positions. Maybe Prosise as a dark horse.

Overall Overachiever... Frank Clark. I hope.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bradley Sowell.

He's already begun this process. I think he will play very respectably and bring some much need continuity at LT protecting Russell's blind side.