Packers game tougher than possible NFC Championship?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2sqhx9ed said:
Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.

Yup. It's our Kryptonite.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We've never matched up well with the Packers through the entire Carroll era.

Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

Idk man.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Well maybe the only real hope is that, becuase we've been so scrappy and so good, we've drawn quite a large fanbase out of market too. Maybe the NFL would be happy with a cinderalla wildcard story Champion underdog too? One can only hope. The "BEAST MODE" factor might come into play too. I don't see much outta beast in the grind of the run game, but he can still take goal line shots and make quite a difference there for sure. :mrgreen:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qjksikv said:

Even when we've beat them, it's been by miraculous fashion (NFC Championship and Fail Mary). So while everyone's saying the Packers are weak and this is the easier of the two opponents we could play?

Idk man.

Don't be a Negative Nancy! :141847_bnono: :177692:

Even if you do have valid points. :34853_doh:

This game scares me.

If we win, we do barely in dramatic Seahawk fashion, if we lose, we get our butts kicked up and down Lambeau and blown out. I don't see any other likely outctcomes, and IDK if anyone else does either, so it's not like I'm going out on a limb.

Oh well, who ever scores the most points will win the game, marker my words! :twisted:

Please, universe, let it be the Seahawks! :179422:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks are 8-1 on the road, what happened in the past has nothing to do with Sunday. If they play their best game of the year or close to it, they will win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2sn8ruf4 said:
Sgt. Largent":2sn8ruf4 said:

Idk man.

This game scares me.

If we win, we do barely in dramatic Seahawk fashion, if we lose, we get our butts kicked up and down Lambeau and blown out. I don't see any other likely outctcomes, and IDK if anyone else does either, so it's not like I'm going out on a limb.

Oh well, who ever scores the most points will win the game, marker my words! :twisted:

Ha........I'm good dude, we've already surpassed my pre-season expectations, so I love our chances this week.

Packers haven't beaten anyone this year, except the Vikings twice. That's literally the highlight of their inflated record.

So while I don't like the possibility of what Rodgers can do to our defense if we play base 50% of the time like we did yesterday? I also think Russell and the offense can have a lot of success against an overrated Packer's defense that has only gotten worse and worse as the season's wore on.

ptisme

Reaction score
NJlargent":24lk5srz said:
Sports Hernia":24lk5srz said:
JonRud":24lk5srz said:
all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.
This.

Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.
I agree.. I think SFO is a notch above GB but for some reason Seattle matches up better against them.

94Smith

Reaction score
I would just like to point out for the first time this season since the opening 4 games the 49ers are healthy. The first game against you, we were missing Kittle (All pro) and WR Sanders was knocked out in the first quarter. In the second game, we were missing DE Dee Ford and SS Tartt.

For this game against Minnesota, Ford is back, Tartt is back and LB Kwon Alexander is back. We are the "healthiest" we have been all season.

I would also like to point out that we destroyed GB at home and GB is the worst 13-3 team in the league according to DVOA.

So, no I don't think the Packers game will be tougher than the NFC championship game unless we lose. Tougher place to play, for sure, but I think we are better than the Packers.

Good luck at Lambeau.

ptisme

Reaction score
94Smith":1cd5ylwi said:
I would just like to point out for the first time this season since the opening 4 games the 49ers are healthy. The first game against you, we were missing Kittle (All pro) and WR Sanders was knocked out in the first quarter. In the second game, we were missing DE Dee Ford and SS Tartt.

For this game against Minnesota, Ford is back, Tartt is back and LB Kwon Alexander is back. We are the "healthiest" we have been all season.

I would also like to point out that we destroyed GB at home and GB is the worst 13-3 team in the league according to DVOA.

So, no I don't think the Packers game will be tougher than the NFC championship game unless we lose. Tougher place to play, for sure, but I think we are better than the Packers.

Good luck at Lambeau.
Yeah SFO is better than the Packers.... And I think SFO will have its way with the Vikings offensive line. But I also think the Seahawks matchup well against the niners and they do have trouble with mobile quarterbacks... My hope is GB wins Sunday and the Vikings pull a major upset and come to Lambeau for the NFCCG.... I don't think the Packers could beat the niners out west

John63

Reaction score
We can beat GB or anybody as long as we run the tempo changing, quick passing and running, layered attack, and we keep are foot on the pedal. Oh and reduce our penalties.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2eseeifp said:
We can beat GB or anybody as long as we run the tempo changing, quick passing and running, layered attack, and we keep are foot on the pedal. Oh and reduce our penalties.

You just described the exact opposite of what we've seen all year out of this offense.

Drives me crazy watching this offense try to grind it out taking forever to get the play in not giving Russell enough time to check the play and protection running the playclock down to zero seemingly for 80% of the game.

That might work against a decimated Eagle's team, but it's not going to work against the better NFC teams like GB that can score 25+ points on our defense.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15xxs1g5 said:
Ha........I'm good dude, we've already surpassed my pre-season expectations, so I love our chances this week.

Packers haven't beaten anyone this year, except the Vikings twice. That's literally the highlight of their inflated record.

I'd say the same thing about the Seahawks... and I've watched every game. It's a good thing the Rams/49ers FG kickers weren't on that day... because those are the highlights of 11 wins. The other 9 were Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers while sporting one of the worst point differentials ever (+7?) for a team that won 11 games.

They surpassed my preseason expectations too which were 8-8... the same I picked for Atlanta. I'll give Seattle credit where it's due though... W is still a W but I think it's obvious why 538 has the Seahawks at 2% to win the whole thing.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Green Bay is the toughest game if we can get by that I feel we can beat both of those teams in the championship game no doubt

RCATES

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":vyu4ubgy said:
Sgt. Largent":vyu4ubgy said:

Idk man.

This game scares me.

So the team that got destroyed a few weeks ago by the Niners and needed two ghost calls by the refs to beat a terrible Lions team with their back-up (worst qb in the league) is going to blow us out? Not a chance.

RCATES

Reaction score
ptisme":2cq529a1 said:
NJlargent":2cq529a1 said:
Sports Hernia":2cq529a1 said:
JonRud":2cq529a1 said:
all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.
This.

Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.
I agree.. I think SFO is a notch above GB but for some reason Seattle matches up better against them.

A notch? More like a 100 yard rope difference. Niners whopped GB up and down the field and won 37-8.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is the most beatable version of this team we will have faced there in 2 decades. Their secondary isn't very good. They don't have a Fletcher Cox, and A A Ron isn't the A A Ron of old.

I don't get the dread or even the reference to the past. Last week a graphic was posted....Birds vs. Birds games in the playoffs. The home team was 10-0....Guess what?...it's 10-1 NOW !!!!!!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3f5a9n03 said:
Sgt. Largent":3f5a9n03 said:

I'd say the same thing about the Seahawks... and I've watched every game. It's a good thing the Rams/49ers FG kickers weren't on that day... because those are the highlights of 11 wins. The other 9 were Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers while sporting one of the worst point differentials ever (+7?) for a team that won 11 games.

They surpassed my preseason expectations too which were 8-8... the same I picked for Atlanta. I'll give Seattle credit where it's due though... W is still a W but I think it's obvious why 538 has the Seahawks at 2% to win the whole thing.

you know the seahawks kicker missed one in both those games as well..

if we are going to talk about "luck" it works both ways

Largent80

Reaction score
Packers are 23rd in rush defense. They give up over 12 yards per pass and people are freaking out?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This kinds of arguments are so stupid. Hawks won because the OTHER team did something wrong. Even if in the same damn game, the Hawks left points on the board.
Rams game at home, BOTH kickers missed a FG
Niners road game, Pretty boy throws an EASY game ending pick to KJ that gets dropped......but wait, the Niners kicker missed a FG after that.
I wonder how many teams in NFL history have had so many people fighting to downplay win after win after win??? It's always because the other team had a back up, or was too injured, and the other team ALMOST won (but didn't) blah blah blah. Because obviously the Hawks are the only team who got to play against backup QB's or teams with a crap record :?
Why is it so hard to enjoy winning and/or accept that this is a pretty damn good football team?