Packers game tougher than possible NFC Championship?

chris98251

Reaction score
The biggest aspect is they no longer have Matthews taking shots at Wilson.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":2dhs1bdv said:
I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...

Exactly, they beat a div rival, like arizona or rams beat seahawks, and then look at the injury report for the chiefs game, I honestly wouldn't even say they beat the chiefs, that wasn't the chiefs.

You say packers have played in and won lots of close games and have a better record?

"...Including Sunday’s Wild Card victory at Philadelphia, Seattle is 11-2 in games decided by eight points or less. That’s two more wins than any other team in the league. Green Bay is 8-1 in one-score games, including wins over Washington, Chicago and Detroit in December...." https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/pac ... lose-games

Well, lets see, where was Seattle Sos this year? THE HARDEST

Well, then, hm, where was GB?

[youtube]SVNA90ZA7UQ[/youtube]

Edit: Can't timestamp, gotta start at 6 minutes in, total of 4 minutes, it's Cowherd and I know he's polarizing but really suggest you hear him out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
According to some, the Hawks had a gravy schedule and only won most of their games because the other team had Backup QB's and/or too many injuries.
They are 12-5 (including playoffs) by accident and pure luck, right? :?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":3r1to4pc said:
I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...
i believe the win over the Chiefs was with the Chiefs back up QB also not Mahoney. And that was a one score game I believe also. GB is not world breakers and like Aros has stated the softest 13-3 team ever! I feel very good about the Hawks chances in this game.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1huebyz2 said:
you know the seahawks kicker missed one in both those games as well..

if we are going to talk about "luck" it works both ways

Indeed it does.

SoulfishHawk":1huebyz2 said:
According to some, the Hawks had a gravy schedule and only won most of their games because the other team had Backup QB's and/or too many injuries.
They are 12-5 (including playoffs) by accident and pure luck, right? :?

I was just pointing out that this entire thread is about GB being the weakest 13-3 team ever but yet as mentioned above outside of the wins over Rams/SF the Hawks have 9 wins over the Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers.

Did someone just say in this thread that Seattle had the toughest SoS? With those opponents?

SNDavidson":1huebyz2 said:

Oh, here it is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... hest-ride/

That's not what I see there but either way... it happens every year at playoff time. Team(s) get called out for not having played anyone. I remember on one of Atlanta's recent runs hearing the same. You can only play who is on your schedule but IMHO I don't think either Seattle or GB are world beaters. Seattle will go as far as Wilson's magic will take them. GB... I dunno. I haven't watched any of their games this season.

Good luck on Sunday!

Largent80

Reaction score
Whatever the schedule and strength of it. The Seahawks have the hardest road to hoe being in Seattle and travelling to the East coast for 10 a.m. (pst) games. They were 4-0 in those games and now after a playoff game also in the Eastern zone they are 8-1 for the year on the road. BEST in the NFL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2c5wi015 said:
Yeah Mahoney wasn't KC's QB because they have nobody with that name on their roster.
Mahoney? :rofl: Anybody that gots brains knows that KFC's Quarterback name is Mahomey.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus, you play the teams they throw in front of you. Hawks are 12-5 including playoffs. Plenty of teams have so called "easy schedules"
So what? You either win or you don't. The flippin Pats have had a gravy schedule for 2 decades, nobody seems to give a rip.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":2qracgt0 said:
Whatever the schedule and strength of it. The Seahawks have the hardest road to hoe being in Seattle and travelling to the East coast for 10 a.m. (pst) games. They were 4-0 in those games and now after a playoff game also in the Eastern zone they are 8-1 for the year on the road. BEST in the NFL.
5-0 in 10 AM east coast games

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ptisme":5pgppm2d said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":5pgppm2d said:
Green Bay is truly a shadow of their former selves.

That said we aren't that good. Do we really have a chance here? If we do it's only because of Russell Wilson. I'm not that optimistic about this game. I love my Seahawks though and know just having Wilson alone can be enough. I just do not have faith in our D, like much at all. :pukeface:

And we will be playing the refs; call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, all the big market teams that got knocked out on wildcard weekend? The NFL is gonna be nervous. I'm certain Goodhell wants to see a GB/SF championship, that way at least one BIG fanbase NFC team is guaranteed to represent the NFC. I know, the NFL would never steer a game right?

SuperBowl Refs

:34853_doh:

I'll be watching, I'll be praying, but is there really hope? :snack:

I'm not sure about this... GB is not the passing attack team they were a few years ago... But I think they are built better now for a playoff run: Strong rush offense and a defense that can apply pressure and get off the field in the 4th quarter..

As far as the refs being an excuse, A Seahawks fan is the LAST person who should be discussing the refs giving a team a win...

They were very average against the LIONS. Against a rookie Blough who was a few throws away from winning that game. Rodgers missed SO MANY passes in that game. There defense was getting carved up by the Lions running game. I think some people here are completely myopic, they say dumb things like "we aren't that good." What does that even mean? We've beaten 2 of the top 4 NFC teams already... the SEAHAWKS with all there injuries can play with ANYBODY and it's proof by being 1" short of winning the NFC West title. The game will be close this Sunday and will be decided in the 4th quarter. to expect anything else is to deny how things have been the last 7 years. Seattle rarely, get's blown out or loses by 9 or more points. Usually if we lose it's a 1 score afair.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2w7v7rhq said:
SNDavidson":2w7v7rhq said:

Oh, here it is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... hest-ride/

That's not what I see there but either way... it happens every year at playoff time. Team(s) get called out for not having played anyone. I remember on one of Atlanta's recent runs hearing the same. You can only play who is on your schedule but IMHO I don't think either Seattle or GB are world beaters. Seattle will go as far as Wilson's magic will take them. GB... I dunno. I haven't watched any of their games this season.

Good luck on Sunday!

From Kenneth Arthur:

... You could argue that Green Bay is a good team and you could argue that Seattle has been at least as fortunate but you could not argue that the Packers have proven themselves against any quality opponents in 2019 other than Minnesota and the Vikings may have their own specific issues with beating this version of Green Bay. The Packers played 16 games and I would argue that they had 0 elite wins, 2 good wins (both over Minnesota), a couple of decent wins (Kansas City, Dallas, and maybe Denver), and the rest of their wins are kind of useless in proving anything for the postseason. Then they have 3 losses, including two blowouts -- one vs a great team and one vs a mediocre team -- and a loss to middling Eagles team coming off of losses to the Falcons and Lions before they stood Rodgers up at the 1.

I won’t go over this entire thing for the Seahawks but I’d say Seattle (ranked as the 5th hardest schedule in 2019) has 1 elite win (49ers), two good wins (Rams, Vikings), and some more decent wins (Eagles x2, Steelers, Bucs)...

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/8/210 ... super-bowl

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
oh please, the so called" fail marry" WAS a catch by the receiver. Even the announcer, live, said "simultaneous".

xray

Reaction score
Why dwell on regular season schedules...etc...that's old news . Post season is a new season. Every team in the playoffs earned the right to be there ; and are all capable of beating each other . Home field is and always will be an advantage ; but non more so than in the playoffs . This week's challenge is the Packers ; who are a better team especially on offense; than the Eagles ; that the Hawks beat by 1 score . This is a defining game for all arguments ; good or bad .IMO

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2sm7unc5 said:
FalconsFanNW":2sm7unc5 said:
I won’t go over this entire thing for the Seahawks but I’d say Seattle (ranked as the 5th hardest schedule in 2019) has 1 elite win (49ers), two good wins (Rams, Vikings), and some more decent wins (Eagles x2, Steelers, Bucs)...

I don't see it like that. I agree about the 49ers and Rams games even if they did miss the game winning FG.... the rest of the games not so much.

Cousins has always been garbage IMO... definitely not worth his contract and I'll say the same thing about Wentz even though he gets some benefit of the doubt because the Eagles were totally banged up in the late season game and he didn't survive 2 series in the playoff game. People really didn't think the Eagles were going to do anything with a 40 year old backup did they?

Steelers without Ben for half the game in a 2 point win and the Bucs were still a 7-9 garbage team... much like the Falcons.

Just calling it like I see it... and I watch the Seahawks every week and root for them unless they are playing Atlanta.

I definitely think they can go in there and knock off GB. But the Hawks laying an egg wouldn't surprise me either.

Cheers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Packers D is middle of the road. The Hawks can run against them. They have also given up the most passes over 20 yards of any team in the league. Going to be a VERY tough game to win, but you never know. Lace em up and let's see what happens. If it is within one score in the 4th quarter??? I'll take Russ over Rodgers, at least the current version of Rodgers. That being said, both of the QB's are ridiculous when the game is on the line.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ptitxt6 said:
Packers D is middle of the road. The Hawks can run against them. They have also given up the most passes over 20 yards of any team in the league. Going to be a VERY tough game to win, but you never know. Lace em up and let's see what happens. If it is within one score in the 4th quarter??? I'll take Russ over Rodgers, at least the current version of Rodgers. That being said, both of the QB's are ridiculous when the game is on the line.

You'll get no argument from me on that. I've been here since 2011... my first game at the Clink was Falcons/Hawks with T Jack in I think week 5 that year... and when Wilson came out I was one of the doubters. "He's too short" I remember thinking.

Now? Hell I wish the Falcons had him. He's totally clutch. I'm expecting it to come down to one score in the 4th... been like that all year for the Hawks... no reason to think Sunday will be any different.

At any rate, no matter what happens I will say that seeing the Patriots and Saints go down in the same weekend made these playoffs great again. Gonna be fun to watch. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh to be a Saints fan right now. 3 Straight years of losing on the last play basically.
That Minnesota Miracle, all the guy has to do is wait for Diggs to catch the ball, tackle him and the game is over.
Last year, maybe the worst non-call in the history of the playoffs takes away a Superb Owl birth.
And on Sunday, they lose but there is the "push off" controversy. I watched Inside The NFL last night and the angle they show is way different than what they showed live. It wasn't blatant, but it certainly does look like he pushed off. That being said, I prefer they let em play when both guys are fighting for it.
But, I CAN see why Saints fans were angry.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2snl8efu said:
But, I CAN see why Saints fans were angry.

Most definitely... but I feel no pity for the Saints. I consider it karma for bounty gate... and the endless 28-3 trolling. Those hated rivalries!

Good luck Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. It sucks that two of the Patriot's titles came at the hand of really bad coaching at the end of the game by the Hawks then the Falcons. Neither team had any business losing the game.
Hawks only gave up a 10 point lead, but still had plenty of chances to add to their lead. I won't even bring up the Atlanta thing, I can't even fathom how frustrating that was.