PC and JS have been BRILLIANT

Own The West

Reaction score
Out of curiosity has anyone checked the time between breaking the huddle and snapping the ball?

There's a lot of finger pointing and speculation about meddling and getting the call in late. I'm curious how much of our granted 40 seconds is spent at the line making reads, adjustments, and running the snap count. Are we average/fast/slow? If we're fast, then I'm okay with blaming the sideline for getting the play in late. If we're slow, then that would point to Russ...

Also, every team in the league has delay of game penalties or takes timeouts to avoid them. I don't see it a huge problem that keep them/us/whomever out of the superbowl.

John63

Reaction score
Own The West":1v750xx1 said:
Out of curiosity has anyone checked the time between breaking the huddle and snapping the ball?

There's a lot of finger pointing and speculation about meddling and getting the call in late. I'm curious how much of our granted 40 seconds is spent at the line making reads, adjustments, and running the snap count. Are we average/fast/slow? If we're fast, then I'm okay with blaming the sideline for getting the play in late. If we're slow, then that would point to Russ...

Also, every team in the league has delay of game penalties or takes timeouts to avoid them. I don't see it a huge problem that keep them/us/whomever out of the superbowl.

So A few things

1. PC has admitted he likes to snap the ball late in the count to eat time
2. ESPN paid part did something like this a year or so ago, and we were #1 in time used to snap the ball
3. as to when the play get sin as opposed to break the huddle etc, that has not been done. All I know is when my friend and I watch the game you can see when Wilson gets the call, adn then when he gets to the line. In most cases minus 4th qtr He gets into the huddle to make the call with about 10 seconds or so lest. Which means when he gets to the line its 5 or fewer seconds. Not always mind you but most of the time.
4. When you have a OC, with a HC who lies to stick his nose in everything it is going to happen.
5. it has been talked about alot my the "experts" as well.
6. All that aside the reality is in the 4th qtr when we need it everything changes, and we are virtually unstoppable. Any HC worth their salt would say hey lets keep doing what we do then. But not ours.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":2tb98d65 said:
Own The West":2tb98d65 said:

2. ESPN paid part did something like this a year or so ago, and we were #1 in time used to snap the ball
Link, please.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":wn63legj said:
Own The West":wn63legj said:

So A few things

1. PC has admitted he likes to snap the ball late in the count to eat time
3. as to when the play get sin as opposed to break the huddle etc, that has not been done. All I know is when my friend and I watch the game you can see when Wilson gets the call, adn then when he gets to the line. In most cases minus 4th qtr He gets into the huddle to make the call with about 10 seconds or so lest. Which means when he gets to the line its 5 or fewer seconds. Not always mind you but most of the time.
4. When you have a OC, with a HC who lies to stick his nose in everything it is going to happen.
5. it has been talked about alot my the "experts" as well.
6. All that aside the reality is in the 4th qtr when we need it everything changes, and we are virtually unstoppable. Any HC worth their salt would say hey lets keep doing what we do then. But not ours.

Yet again, the data shows that Seattle is one of the slowest teams in the league when trailing 7+, leading me to believe that they're not actually moving quicker, they're just moving the chains more. Russ takes off more, he throws tight windows more, and everything is done with a higher level of risk. This creates the impression of speed, but it's not really much faster - it's just that they're actually moving the ball.

A 4 play TD drive that snaps the ball with 3 to go on the play clock each snap is gonna be perceived as quicker, but the tempo is still slow.

Also, link on that ESPN analysis. Thanks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As the discussion veers wildly off the original topic, it still is stretching things massively to use words like 'brilliant' when trying to evaluate Carroll's (JS's) FO moves. Decently competent, maybe.

Great looking on paper? Sure.

Likely to produce anything in the playoffs? No. Carroll will likely never again give us a divisional win in the playoffs. So the rest is just window dressing because there is almost certainly never to be another NFC Conference playoff game in Carroll's future.

So using words like 'brilliant' is a stretch.

Decently competent maybe.

Brilliant is the kind of stuff the Chiefs are doing and have done. Filling holes immediately and getting better, not worse.

Nothing the FO is doing is brilliant. If anything, they conducted themselves like morons during this whole Wilson debacle.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":e9tjhunt said:
John63":e9tjhunt said:
Own The West":e9tjhunt said:

Link, please.

Would not help you its the paid part without my password which I will not give you could not see it Plus it was a year ago I doubt i could find it agan

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":1pfcoxpa said:
pinksheets":1pfcoxpa said:
John63":1pfcoxpa said:
Own The West":1pfcoxpa said:

Link, please.

Would not help you its the paid part without my password which I will not give you could not see it Plus it was a year ago I doubt i could find it agan
I can use my own subscription, my guy.

Just need the link.

You constantly cite vague data from unlinked articles supposedly behind a paywall in your posts.

I just want to see the data to inform my own take.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":17f92hcx said:
John63":17f92hcx said:
pinksheets":17f92hcx said:
John63":17f92hcx said:
Link, please.

I can use my own subscription, my guy.

Just need the link.

You constantly cite vague data from unlinked articles supposedly behind a paywall in your posts.

I just want to see the data to inform my own take.

#1 I usually I post the links to the data I talk about so saying constantly is wrong. The only time I don't is when it's a paid site. Which counting this time would make it 5 since I have been in this forum. That said I will try to find it again.

Latest posts