Pete Carrol says he will RETURN next season!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
So when Pete first got here he went 7-9 then 7-9 then off to the races with an owl two years later. If looking at Post Russ as a rebuild then last year 9-8 this year 9-8. We have some really good players and we were not far off from winning several more games making things look a whole lot different. I want Pete for one more year to see how far we can develop the talent we have. Another good draft and getting the team to play a click better will get us much further. All is not doom and gloom. I will admit the team did underperform this year which is uncharacteristic of a Pete team.
The Seahawks were also not far off from losing several more games.
Alternative "bad luck" outcomes:

21-20 W over Cardinals ==> 23-21 L to Cardinals, their K makes the 51 yarder at the horn
20-17 W over Titans ==> 14-17 L to Titans, turnover on downs on final drive
20-17 W over Eagles ==> 13-17 L to Eagles, JSN doesn't make that TD catch on 3rd down, 4th down incomplete
29-26 W over Commanders ==> 26-32 L to Commanders, Myers misses GW FG, Hawks lose in overtime as Commanders win toss and drive down and score
24-20 W over Browns ==> 17-20 L to Browns, Turnover on downs or INT on final GW drive
37-31 W over Lions ==> 37-31 L to Lions, Hawks lose the coin toss

So, the Seahawks could also, with poop-for-luck, be 3-14 and in position to draft a franchise QB.

RickJ35

Reaction score
I personally feel the time is right for a change. To me, you are looking for improvements across the board but vital units seem to have regressed? I mean, Hurtt surely should be fired for a start, the defense is painful to watch.

I wonder is Seattle seen now as 'soft' across the league in terms of they will have an ordinary season but nothing will change, they will just run it back on 'energy and vibes'. It has gone stale.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sorry I think sometimes I'm not clear enough, I w was being sarcastic... not trying to upset you I kept my wife up all night whining about the loss
Ok, sorry man. I was pretty pissed off all day yesterday. And all the other emotions.

Now, I'm leaning towards appreciation. That game was close for much of it, and into the 4th quarter. They just played like sh** at the worst time.
And, Michigan's defense was relentless. Esp. after Penix toasted his ankle.

The better team won. I just don't see it some huge gap between teams, that's all. Dawgs had the ball down 7 several times. Just couldn't get it done. After winning 21 in a row. They deserved to be there.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Gregg Bell from The News Tribune (I believe he reports from) speaks regularly on KJR at 7AM says he believes as we all suspect Jody Allen is not in the business of replacing coaching regimes for *insert your reasons* and will keep Carroll.

Bell, also says, he believes Carroll has “earned” the right to stay as coach for as long as he wants to coach cause he has been the winningest coach in franchise history.

Bell, says, he knows fans are upset about Carroll as being coach and he doesn’t think Carroll is going anywhere else anytime soon.

Pretty much what we all suspected….

xray

Reaction score
Your bitching is falling on deaf ears folks . Yell & scream...piss and moan...stomp up and down...it makes no difference what you as a fan , think or say . Other than $$ ; the Seahawk organization , like all other NFL organizations , don't give a flying phuk about you or your opinions or your Monday morning expertise . If you want to get their attention...don't spend money related to the team , tickets , gear etc .
Here's some recent food for thought regarding NFL greed . The playoff game between the Dolphins-Chiefs will be exclusively ' streamed ' on Peacock . How much longer will the SB be free to view ?

xray

Reaction score
One more thought on PC . Winning the division is the most important thing . PC as a HC , CANNOT compete with the other HCs in the NFC west . imo

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Your bitching is falling on deaf ears folks . Yell & scream...piss and moan...stomp up and down...it makes no difference what you as a fan , think or say . Other than $$ ; the Seahawk organization , like all other NFL organizations , don't give a flying phuk about you or your opinions or your Monday morning expertise . If you want to get their attention...don't spend money related to the team , tickets , gear etc .
Here's some recent food for thought regarding NFL greed . The playoff game between the Dolphins-Chiefs will be exclusively ' streamed ' on Peacock . How much longer will the SB be free to view ?
This is true. If you don't like the product stop buying tickets or their overpriced merch. Stop watching it too. Teams like the Seahawks rely on loyal fans where teams like the Rams get gifted a super bowl to try and get fans.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This is true. If you don't like the product stop buying tickets or their overpriced merch. Stop watching it too. Teams like the Seahawks rely on loyal fans where teams like the Rams get gifted a super bowl to try and get fans.
Also being in the LA market might just get a little more help from the NFL….just a little bit though, not a lot….lmao

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Gregg Bell from The News Tribune (I believe he reports from) speaks regularly on KJR at 7AM says he believes as we all suspect Jody Allen is not in the business of replacing coaching regimes for *insert your reasons* and will keep Carroll.

Bell, also says, he believes Carroll has “earned” the right to stay as coach for as long as he wants to coach cause he has been the winningest coach in franchise history.

Bell, says, he knows fans are upset about Carroll as being coach and he doesn’t think Carroll is going anywhere else anytime soon.

Pretty much what we all suspected….
Anyone think Jody is sentimental at all? Maybe part of the hang up with jettisoning Pete is that it was the move her late brother made to help the Seahawks reach championship level.