Pete Carroll on the Brink

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Stoic_coach":1r8ckexb said:
Jesus christ. I just found this place and thought it would be a great place to discuss football..

But is seems to be filled with spoiled people that just doen't understand football history or the realities of the NFL.

Under Carroll we have a 629w%, made two Super Bowls, won the only one in franchise history, and in 11 full seasons only missed the playoffs twice.

If there is one thing that consistently wins in the league where you are not supposed to consistently win, its culture. And that's what Pete is best at.

By my calculations it will take Pete Carroll approximately 35 1st round picks to rebuild this defense.

Selling the farm for Jamal Adams should be a fire-able offense.

That winning culture was the Franchise QB. His winning days are over.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":2w7gcavm said:
I want to have this conversation with you I just don't have time today... so I an not blowing off this post I just have to work... so I will address this when I get some time. please look for my reply in the next couple of days

LTH

UPDATE: This video summarizes where I'm at now. Put a fork in him.
[youtube]W3ng80ue9Ns[/youtube]

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":22n6iqi5 said:
Fade using Cowherd as support now?

Whewwwwww lord

"Pete's a good coach" used to be what would automatically come out of the mediots mouths, not anymore.

A defensive guru cannot have the worst defense in NFL history and be called a good coach. The national media won't even say he is anymore.

More importantly it is supported by a statistical fact, the defense keeps getting worse every year. The scheme is garbo.

So bad in fact I think if you were to add Jalen Ramsey, they would still suck. You could throw all the talent you want at this scheme. It wouldn't change much, it is fundamentally inept. Staying on top no matter what while showing your hand just means you're going to get dog-walked up the field as the Seahawks routinely do. Pete needs to retire.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Stoic_coach":3s6h5tqf said:
Jesus christ. I just found this place and thought it would be a great place to discuss football..

But is seems to be filled with spoiled people that just doen't understand football history or the realities of the NFL.

Under Carroll we have a 629w%, made two Super Bowls, won the only one in franchise history, and in 11 full seasons only missed the playoffs twice.

If there is one thing that consistently wins in the league where you are not supposed to consistently win, its culture. And that's what Pete is best at.

3 playoff wins in SIX years. Not a threat to get any this year. Take your complaints and exit stage left.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2nwx2k3f said:
Stoic_coach":2nwx2k3f said:

Actually for his HC NFL career PC without wilson is a 400 coach. With Wilson over 600.

In Seattle without Wilson .438. With Wilson over .600. Is it really PC.

BASF

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3u3avfkf said:
Stoic_coach":3u3avfkf said:

3 playoff wins in SIX years. Not a threat to get any this year. Take your complaints and exit stage left.

Don't mind how some treat new posters here. They are the chic in crowd with their "we know better than the rest of you and have known it for years" schtick. If this was outside of a concert, they would be the ones who are making fun of others simply because they have nothing better in their lives.

Welcome to the board where every single setback is met with the emotional range of a thirteen year old girl. A lot of the wins are met with the attitude that we should have won by double digits.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
BASF":32uqm4s1 said:
JayhawkMike":32uqm4s1 said:
Stoic_coach":32uqm4s1 said:

Don't mind how some treat new posters here. They are the chic in crowd with their "we know better than the rest of you and have known it for years" schtick. If this was outside of a concert, they would be the ones who are making fun of others simply because they have nothing better in their lives.

Welcome to the board where every single setback is met with the emotional range of a thirteen year old girl. A lot of the wins are met with the attitude that we should have won by double digits.

If a newbie comes and praises the team or complains about the team I have no issue.

When some random idiot comes here and insults the posters they need to just gtfo.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
BASF":2t9psokr said:
JayhawkMike":2t9psokr said:
Stoic_coach":2t9psokr said:

He might've been aggressive, but he wasn't wrong...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":1jetc0ra said:
pittpnthrs":1jetc0ra said:
chris98251":1jetc0ra said:
Paul was not a football guru either, he was a entrepreneur, he just wanted to understand the operation process, he hired Gurus to run the aspects of the team and then report to him and had a process for decision elevation such as big contracts hiring Coaches and Gm's as well as Football operations in business aspect executives.

How is this any Different then Jody, Vulcan was involved with Paul as they are with Jody in team management.

You answered your own question in your post. Paul was at least interested in the operations and was involved. You would see Paul on the sidelines before games and so forth. Jody isnt interested in the least and is absent the majority of the time. She could care less unless they started to lose money.

Thats an opinion, you have no facts to support any of that, not like she can just pop into the locker room at a whim, well she could but I think she has more class. Also she can watch practice and games from their boxes and offices.

Mrs Ford was not on the field either much except for phot ops mostly also, not saying we are the Lions either. Or do you want her to be like the Schott lady in Cinncy who owned the Reds, that was a special kind of special wasn't it.

Or even worse....Dan Synder type of owner. No thanks!