Pete & Geno save Christmas!

James in PA

Reaction score
Great, great win! No, it wasn't pretty but these late season games against teams playing spoiler are always tough. Look no further than how the Chargers hung with a red hot Bills team last night. I have a lot of respect for Tennessee. They are a physical football team, still playing very hard for their coach. Henry is still a load to bring down. Great W!

Welshers2

Reaction score
Great, great win! No, it wasn't pretty but these late season games against teams playing spoiler are always tough. Look no further than how the Chargers hung with a red hot Bills team last night. I have a lot of respect for Tennessee. They are a physical football team, still playing very hard for their coach. Henry is still a load to bring down. Great W!
Win the last 2, we're in!

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Home with the Steelers and away with the Cards. No guarantees but if we can get some guys back for the run at the wild card we are in.

Scout

Reaction score
This Hawks team looked like it was sinking but they have recovered to the point that they are playing like an underdog late in the season. Just wish they would play at a higher level against lesser opponents.

But I have to agree that the Titans played hard and they deserve credit too.

LTH

Reaction score
This thing the Seahawks got going about winning games in the final 2 minutes is stressing me out! Just sayin...

LTH

Optimus25

Reaction score
Pete Carroll & The Cardiac Kids.

Told my son that he's getting a crash course in being a Seahawk fan.
No kidding! For over a decade now i am 1,000% convinced no one has the fan experience of a Seahawks fan with the highs, lows, and complete down to the wire insanity!

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
I was just afraid that my "prediction" was gonna come true. I said somewhere on here that "The titans are just the type of team that we lose to 16-13" or sumn like that.
Yeah, I was starting to get really mad at myself because I said repeatedly on this forum a couple weeks back "watch the Seahawks beat the Eagles only to lose to Tennessee." That was a little too close for comfort.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'll admit, I thought that game was going to be easier, but I honestly hadn't done the type of research I should have on Tennessee. I saw their record and thought 'ah, must be pretty bad'.

I had no idea their red zone defense was so good. They also do not give up passing TDs and were actually tied with the Niners for how many passing TDs they give up a game (basically 1).

They just do not force turnovers, unfortunately for them, so teams are GETTING to the red zone on them an awful lot.

So, despite the obvious rust Geno had in that first half (he was sailing a lot of balls high), the end results for our offense were actually pretty good.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah, I was starting to get really mad at myself because I said repeatedly on this forum a couple weeks back "watch the Seahawks beat the Eagles only to lose to Tennessee." That was a little too close for comfort.
Well James in PA , that's what the Seattle Seahawks do. Which is a sign of a poorly coached team. They play "up" and unfortunately "down" to their competition.

So you weren't out of your mind for saying what you said. Very accurate actually.

They have some great players on both sides of the ball. We as fans talk in terms of " oh they're a NT away or LG on offense". If you took this exact squad and brought in a better staff , they'd have at least 3 more wins and would be battling for one of the top 2-3 spots in the NFC.

IMHO

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Well James in PA , that's what the Seattle Seahawks do. Which is a sign of a poorly coached team. They play "up" and unfortunately "down" to their competition.

So you weren't out of your mind for saying what you said. Very accurate actually.

They have some great players on both sides of the ball. We as fans talk in terms of " oh they're a NT away or LG on offense". If you took this exact squad and brought in a better staff , they'd have at least 3 more wins and would be battling for one of the top 2-3 spots in the NFC.

IMHO
Yep, should've won that Cincy game, the Dallas game and at least one of the Rams games. Still would've been tough to get higher than a 5th seed though because the Niners are just on another level right now. I'm just hoping we can finish this thing right and have some momentum going into the playoffs.

Scout

Reaction score

IMHO
I have to agree with that.

But they are also a young squad but yeah they are better than .500 ball club.