Poll: Pete or Russ from 2010 to present? Choose one

Poll: If the Hawks could have only had 1, who would you have chosen?

• Pete

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Russ

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Own The West

Reaction score
hgwellz12":14iy8o28 said:
I see no lies or falsehoods in Scorpion's posts.
if you do, point them out.

We're not talking about lies or falsehoods. These are just opinions and the exchange of ideas. It's not a black and white discussion.

I personally thought Russ was a better QB when he was younger. He was more of a game manager and a point guard, always taking what was given. His current incarnation is about stats and pushing the ball down field. When he was new to the league he had great success -- mostly due to his elite OL and defense. I think that spoiled him; put him in a mindset that that is normal and the way things should be; and that he'd arrived and everyone needs to play the way he likes to play.

Quite frankly, I don't see us winning another Super Bowl with this incarnation of Russ. He's too proud to be coached, and too vain to take the easy option -- even if it means moving the chains and a new set of downs. He'll only compromise on 3rd down, often when it's too late.

He's a good QB, and could net us a ton of draft capital. And I would not be upset if we parted ways after the season and reset like we did in 2010.

These are my opinions, and they are neither right nor wrong because they are subjective. Feel free to discuss.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28vmetgm said:
:34853_doh:

Right, almost any QB. Got it...........
Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games. Or if Russ peed in your cereal or something. This team doesn't come close to a Super Bowl w/out Russ. When he's in the HOF, I wonder if people will still be spewing such nonsense.

I give up........officially.

If Dilfer isn't an example that almost any QB can win under the conditions we had for SB48 then I don't know what is.

As much as I want Pete gone, I fully respect what he brought to this franchise. My biggest concern is that he will have allowed the winning culture he built to fully erode before he leaves. USC showed he really isn't big on dealing with the consequences of his actions.