Dear Russ HATERS

W

Welshers

Dear haters of Russell Wilson.

I am going to be brutally honest here. I am DISGUSTED by some of the hate for Wilson I am seeing from Seahawk fans online. I see people attacking his character and insinuating he is distracted and not committed to football. This guy LIVES for football. He starts studying film of the next opponent the moment the game is over. He goes to the facility at 3 AM. He has a scouting report for his offense by Monday morning. He is incredibly focused. He dedicated his life for this.

Are you really going to hate on him and say he is distracted because he does a couple things in his spare time like a podcast? You don't think he can have a life outside of football? Everyone who actually knows him says he is committed as it gets. I think they would know better than these internet detectives.

Now lets talk about the criticism of his play. This is fair. As fans of a football team you have the right do say whatever you want a guys play. But don't questions his work ethic. It's true he has not played great recently. But it seems like there are people on here who actually WANT him to fail. People who have hated on him the whole way, including through our SB run (zcurch, I'm talking to you!). There is a lot going on with this team. He's trying to force stuff because of our D. He's getting banged up. But have faith he will improve. He spends so much time studying and improving, I think there's no doubt he will get better to finish the season, even though Legion of Doomers already seem to think we should blow it all up. I shiver to think of the reactions if we lose to Arizona Thursday.

RW is OUR QB. He is one of the best players in the league, ranked #2 by his PEERS. Have faith guys. And don't question him personally or his work ethic or his concentration. Who would you guys rather have? Mayfield? Darnold? Jones? Be careful saying trade him for a draft pick. Not all QBs pan out. This team wouldn't have a winning record this year with Geno under center.

Also, why is everyone so obsessed with the MVP? OK, he might not win it. So what? Let's win football games. This guy is incredibly committed and a huge team player. He always has been. He will always put the team before the MVP. People saying he is forcing throws because he wants TDs to win MVP, or that he let the praise get to his head are WRONG. He is a very humble team player. Just look at the 3rd and 2 at the end of the game vs Arizona. 1st down would have won the game. Pete said it was up to Russ. He could have audibled and thrown if he wanted to. But he thought the run was the best way to get the first down when looking at the way the D lined up. Does that seem like a guy who only cares about his stats? Handing the ball off on the most important play for what he perceived as the best move for the good of the team?

Love Russ. Go Seahawks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He has thrown 9 interceptions in 6 weeks. He has thrown more interceptions in the last 6 weeks than he has in 5 16 game seasons.

Wilson is playing like pure trash and deserves every bit of criticism thrown his way.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

sdog1981":jd7dgg38 said:
He has thrown 9 interceptions in 6 weeks. He has thrown more interceptions in the last 6 weeks than he has in 5 16 game seasons.

Wilson is playing like pure trash and deserves every bit of criticism thrown his way.
Like I said I understand criticism of his play. I don't like the people who get mad over bad play and start insulting him personally or questioning his work ethic. Bad play doesn't mean a guy isn't committed. And everyone who knows him will tell you this guy is committed. I think saying he's playing like trash may be over the top. He hasn't been good, no, but there are factors as to why.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

RCATES":ycw3wdzy said:
10 turnovers in the last 3 weeks. He deserves all of it.
The turnovers don't tell the whole story my friend. 3 of them were fumbles that that are pretty hard to blame him on. A few of those picks we were he was trying to force a play and he didn't really have any options. Yes one of the picks yesterday was absolutely terrible. The other was a great play by the DB

John63

Reaction score
sdog1981":3r6mh26n said:

Ahh so I am confused his lowest int total for a year is 5 that means that in 5 16 game schedules he would have thrown for at least 25 ints. last I check ed 25 is more than 9 so your statement is false.

Nof is your point is he has thrown for more ints in the last 6 weeks than in 5 of his 9 seasons yes that is correct.

As to criticism if you read the post he is not knocking you or any other person for criticizing his play, he is knocking you for criticizing his personal life and what he does, which is really none of your business.

Now in going back through your posting history I see the only time you post about Wilson is to knock him, so we know were you fit in the category of so-called fans.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's making bad decisions LATELY. But he was playing out of his mind the first 6 games. So now all the sudden, he's Rick Mirer. And the Defense has been BRUTAL most of the season. Which is a direct reason WHY he is pressing and trying so carry the team on his back. He flat out has to play his A game for them to win. I'm not denying that he has struggled lately. But how quickly people turn on the guy. Oh well...….

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I hate posting in a thread started by the most annoying new member though likely a retread of an old poster.

Quit setting up straw men and acting like you are some great defender of RW. He is a great QB having a rough stretch. We can argue why the rough patch is happening but not how good he is. Heck, you can even argue how he is being used.

But “Russ Haters”? That’s just talking like an idiot.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

JayhawkMike":2s9fxptt said:
I hate posting in a thread started by the most annoying new member though likely a retread of an old poster.

Quit setting up straw men and acting like you are some great defender of RW. He is a great QB having a rough stretch. We can argue why the rough patch is happening but not how good he is. Heck, you can even argue how he is being used.

But “Russ Haters”? That’s just talking like an idiot.
I've been on here a long time in one form or another. It seems like you didn't even read the thread. I said the criticism of his play is valid, but I see a lot of people going over the top with his hate. I actually have defended Russ and Pete for years.

getnasty

Reaction score
I can promise you not one person on this board is a Russ hater. He will be scrutinized more then any player because he's the high paid and most important player we have. Like it or not it almost doesn't matter what the defense does as long as Russ takes care of the ball and plays the way he's capable. It also doesn't matter what they do if he turns it over 3 times in a game. As Russ goes so do the Hawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3tvxpoxe said:
sdog1981":3tvxpoxe said:

Ahh so I am confused his lowest int total for a year is 5 that means that in 5 16 game schedules he would have thrown for at least 25 ints. last I check ed 25 is more than 9 so your statement is false.

Nof is your point is he has thrown for more ints in the last 6 weeks than in 5 of his 9 seasons yes that is correct.

As to criticism if you read the post he is not knocking you or any other person for criticizing his play, he is knocking you for criticizing his personal life and what he does, which is really none of your business.

Now in going back through your posting history I see the only time you post about Wilson is to knock him, so we know were you fit in the category of so-called fans.

I think he meant that Russ has thrown more interceptions in the last 6 weeks than he has in 5 separate seasons. Not 5 seasons worth of interceptions combined in the last 6 weeks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Back on point:

There is a middle road here. Russell's play of late certainly warrants a fair amount of criticism. He isn't protecting the ball, he's a bit off on his placement, and he's been making some overall bad decisions.

The criticism should stop there. Posters who bring his personal motivations into it and question his worth ethic are making a huuuuuuge stretch that is, frankly, laughable.

But, yes. Russell deserves a fair amount of criticism based on his subpar play. I have no doubt he'll turn it around, as he is an incredibly special talent and I have no reason at all to believe his cold streak to be anything more than an aberration.

RCATES

Reaction score
getnasty":2htatzow said:
I can promise you not one person on this board is a Russ hater. He will be scrutinized more then any player because he's the high paid and most important player we have. Like it or not it almost doesn't matter what the defense does as long as Russ takes care of the ball and plays the way he's capable. It also doesn't matter what they do if he turns it over 3 times in a game. As Russ goes so do the Hawks.

So true. Big Russ fan. I will praise him when he shines and shame him when he fails. Trust me. Russ wouldn’t have it any other way.

Russell Wilson: “I’m an over-comer. I’ve been doubted before. I’m going to keep swinging...

“I look forward to the adversity. I always have. I always will.”

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Maelstrom787":33iafkjw said:
Back on point:

There is a middle road here. Russell's play of late certainly warrants a fair amount of criticism. He isn't protecting the ball, he's a bit off on his placement, and he's been making some overall bad decisions.

The criticism should stop there. Posters who bring his personal motivations into it and question his worth ethic are making a huuuuuuge stretch that is, frankly, laughable.

But, yes. Russell deserves a fair amount of criticism based on his subpar play. I have no doubt he'll turn it around, as he is an incredibly special talent and I have no reason at all to believe his cold streak to be anything more than an aberration.
This is exactly what I am saying. People are misunderstanding or not reading my post. I understand the criticism of his play, though I am one to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's totally free game. What I am tired of is the personal motivation stuff.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's fair to criticize his play recently for sure.
I've been very vocal in criticizing him, starting with the Arizona loss.

The other sideways comments I see on here are childish and weird to say the least.

If there's anybody who can regroup and play lights out the next game, it's him.

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":195zg5vd said:
It's fair to criticize his play recently for sure.
I've been very vocal in criticizing him, starting with the Arizona loss.

The other sideways comments I see on here are childish and weird to say the least.

If there's anybody who can regroup and play lights out the next game, it's him.

I have no problem criticizing his play when its bad, What I have a problem with is those who say nothing when he plays lights out but jump on it when he plays bad., Which is the case for most of the people talking now. NOt MOST not ALL.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Welshers":77fsltwp said:
Dear haters of Russell Wilson.

I am going to be brutally honest here. I am DISGUSTED by some of the hate for Wilson I am seeing from Seahawk fans online. I see people attacking his character and insinuating he is distracted and not committed to football. This guy LIVES for football. He starts studying film of the next opponent the moment the game is over. He goes to the facility at 3 AM. He has a scouting report for his offense by Monday morning. He is incredibly focused. He dedicated his life for this.

Are you really going to hate on him and say he is distracted because he does a couple things in his spare time like a podcast? You don't think he can have a life outside of football? Everyone who actually knows him says he is committed as it gets. I think they would know better than these internet detectives.

Now lets talk about the criticism of his play. This is fair. As fans of a football team you have the right do say whatever you want a guys play. But don't questions his work ethic. It's true he has not played great recently. But it seems like there are people on here who actually WANT him to fail. People who have hated on him the whole way, including through our SB run (zcurch, I'm talking to you!). There is a lot going on with this team. He's trying to force stuff because of our D. He's getting banged up. But have faith he will improve. He spends so much time studying and improving, I think there's no doubt he will get better to finish the season, even though Legion of Doomers already seem to think we should blow it all up. I shiver to think of the reactions if we lose to Arizona Thursday.

RW is OUR QB. He is one of the best players in the league, ranked #2 by his PEERS. Have faith guys. And don't question him personally or his work ethic or his concentration. Who would you guys rather have? Mayfield? Darnold? Jones? Be careful saying trade him for a draft pick. Not all QBs pan out. This team wouldn't have a winning record this year with Geno under center.

Also, why is everyone so obsessed with the MVP? OK, he might not win it. So what? Let's win football games. This guy is incredibly committed and a huge team player. He always has been. He will always put the team before the MVP. People saying he is forcing throws because he wants TDs to win MVP, or that he let the praise get to his head are WRONG. He is a very humble team player. Just look at the 3rd and 2 at the end of the game vs Arizona. 1st down would have won the game. Pete said it was up to Russ. He could have audibled and thrown if he wanted to. But he thought the run was the best way to get the first down when looking at the way the D lined up. Does that seem like a guy who only cares about his stats? Handing the ball off on the most important play for what he perceived as the best move for the good of the team?

Love Russ. Go Seahawks.
Maybe Russ is a week off and is studying film of the wrong team. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
A lot of Russ's struggles relate to the scheme change imo. We're running long developing plays against teams playing a blitz heavy game, with minimal checkdown routes. It's foolishness, we went away from what works and went back to the same, old, tired scheme.