Rashaad Pennys replacement

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ha Ha on trading for Cmac..
I want an overpriced,injury prone RB who costs draft capital.
If you think I was hard on Russ..This will be the next one I
promise.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I actually like our situation at running back even after we lost Penny. Walker looks like he's going to be a keeper and both Dallas and Homer, although they don't have that high gear that Penny had, are both reliable ball carriers that don't fumble and can contribute on special teams. Dallas, in particular, looked really good in the preseason, ran the ball with authority.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Lets be real...Cmac is a STUD! Of course he would be a huge pick up and offer a major weapon on offence.

The real questions are what is the cost/worth?

Can you get his talent/what he brings to the table in the first? Yes. 2nd? Yeah probably. 3rd? No. So the fleece would be to trade a 3rd or later.

Would the panthers let him go for a 3rd? I don't know but I would drop a 3rd on him.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Replacement is already on the roster. Was excited to see what Walker was going to bring to the table and he had that groin issue. Now we get to see what the young man is made of, hopefully he steps up and keeps that starting job.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Remember Derrius Guice? Sounds he's trying to make a comeback to the NFL. I believe JS will steer clear of him but no denying he was very talented on the field (when he played). He probably could be very cheap compared to trading for someone. I like K9, it's the depth behind him I'm concerned about.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I love Christian Mccaffrey, but he's been even less reliable than Penny from an injury standpoint. As a player he can do it all, probably the best all arounder in the NFL at RB. That being said, no thank you. He's missed most of the last two seasons and he's paid a lot of money.

samwize77

Reaction score
Keep the picks and cap space that we will/do have. Its not often that teams go into the draft with what we should have available to us.
RB's are fairly available, and we don't (as of right now) need a starter. Its Kens time to shine. Lets see what he can do. If something were to happen to K9 then I am still comfortable with DJ taking over the load.
Even considering we are doing better so far, than I had thought we would at this point, my whole focus is next year.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
If we're trading, trade for defense (linebacker or passrusher --- or both). I think Homer coming back helps a lot, and keep scouring practice squads. I liked what I saw from Homer in preseason, he looks a lot more decisive and confident. He, Dallas and our #1 KW9 are just fine... I'm excited to see what Walker can do!!!

Latest posts